Recent Topics

Ads

Worrier Priest advantage(s)?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wosh
Banned

Re: Worrier Priest advantage(s)?

Post#21 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:02 am

Arconnn wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:16 pm
Arbich wrote:
Arconnn wrote:
i dont care about melee wp
Well, that means you think judgement is an great ability for (mostly) cast healing WP? Could you explain why?
15rf every 1 second on a 65ft range, because supplication makes you stop moving it can make you susceptible while roaming in rvr (so should only be used when your dps are pushing in or for 1 insta tick or 2 at most when running away) whith judgement you can be using on the move and ofc isn't on a cooldown, smite is good but again tide to a cooldown and you must be close to even hit 1 person let alone hit the optimal 4 people (in which case I will always opt for 1. the safer judgement spam or 2. sigmar's radiance jumping away) in between your supplications and theres nothing going on and your hots are on people you should be spamming judgement to stay as close to 250rf so when your dps get hit you're ready and not sitting at 120-150rf after pre-hots
as a healer a general rule of thumb is to keep up 100% cast time / gcd useage

so when kiting supplication for a tick and spam supplication so can continue to hot without falling behind on rf and staying high on rf incase burst appears or your dps decide to turn on them
smite is great but in my experience you'd have to be closer than the 45ft range to be able to hit 4+ people, in which case you'd be better of sigmar radiance for a guaranteed 40rf (+no cd) if you want to go for high rf per second in exchange for being up close and being potentially switched on

a 100% safe way to gain 15+8rf per second is better than doing nothing and more often than not better than going close for a smite or standing still for 3+ ticks of supplication (unless you're safe to do so and your dps wont move out of range of you which if we're being honest 80% of the time they're actively running away from you)
judgement also allows you to pre-kite while supplication you can only reactionary kite

another tip, Im not sure just how many wp's know about this but your knockback will give you a free +40rf even if you dont hit anyone with it

stream of consciousness post because i have my dinner infront of me and i want to eat that instead
Using Sigmars shield then repent and then supplication, is also a neat trick for WP - it's situational of course but it works.

/Eherenreich

Ads
ashton007

Post#22 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:17 am

Well... First: DoKs get double prayer/covenant proc from dual wield. Secondly: They have the 20% group snare/spirit damage buff... Kinda unfair(because wps just does damage lol) they go hand in hand but whatever. Third: They have the most OP healdebuff in game. DoK is most definitely superior.

Arteker616

Post#23 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:32 am

ashton007 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:17 am Well... First: DoKs get double prayer/covenant proc from dual wield. Secondly: They have the 20% group snare/spirit damage buff... Kinda unfair(because wps just does damage lol) they go hand in hand but whatever. Third: They have the most OP healdebuff in game. DoK is most definitely superior.
dok covenants got a icd , wp dont, dok hd needs to critic , in a class wich can barely reach huge critic values no that easy to get it going.

Wp got a very udnerrated ini debuff wich u can use to keep a 100% uptime ini debuff, got a wound buffs, reliable hd , is more tankier and can do the job of mele healing better than dok, healing covenants got no icd , super valuable for aoe wbs to help ur aoers alive , i have got my bw to self heal with them for over 2k with a single f b .

Dok dps superiority on scs and wich people use to claim dok dps is superior to wp comes from the fact doks do spam x3 aoes , lash fell and devour darknes wich help him to often surpass the numbers of dps wps.

Most problems dps wps or grace wps face is a faction trouble, order boast alot of rdps while destru field mostly mele trains on large ammounts where dps doks can snuck him and play better (more chances of guards , and extra healers) while wp often have to deal with little mele support , wich often let him exposed when he tried to mele .

said that it aply aswell for every mdps on order, when u are a tank and find u just got 1 dps wp , and ur team has 4 engis 3 bws and the wp gets focused because he is on the frontline,,, well

ashton007

Post#24 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:50 am

Arteker616 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:32 am
ashton007 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:17 am Well... First: DoKs get double prayer/covenant proc from dual wield. Secondly: They have the 20% group snare/spirit damage buff... Kinda unfair(because wps just does damage lol) they go hand in hand but whatever. Third: They have the most OP healdebuff in game. DoK is most definitely superior.
dok covenants got a icd , wp dont, dok hd needs to critic , in a class wich can barely reach huge critic values no that easy to get it going.

Wp got a very udnerrated ini debuff wich u can use to keep a 100% uptime ini debuff, got a wound buffs, reliable hd , is more tankier and can do the job of mele healing better than dok, healing covenants got no icd , super valuable for aoe wbs to help ur aoers alive , i have got my bw to self heal with them for over 2k with a single f b .

Dok dps superiority on scs and wich people use to claim dok dps is superior to wp comes from the fact doks do spam x3 aoes , lash fell and devour darknes wich help him to often surpass the numbers of dps wps.

Most problems dps wps or grace wps face is a faction trouble, order boast alot of rdps while destru field mostly mele trains on large ammounts where dps doks can snuck him and play better (more chances of guards , and extra healers) while wp often have to deal with little mele support , wich often let him exposed when he tried to mele .

said that it aply aswell for every mdps on order, when u are a tank and find u just got 1 dps wp , and ur team has 4 engis 3 bws and the wp gets focused because he is on the frontline,,, well
I'm afraid i dont have much time for replies but I can assure you a DoK still has a much bigger ST sustained damage than WP. You can keep the healdebuff up inevitably its a no brainer. If you run the right gear and tactics youll have at least 15% crit. The only situation I can see it not proccing is if youre hitting a tank but if thats the case you probably arent a good DoK.

roadkillrobin

Post#25 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:08 am

Offhand weapon can't proc covenant anyway as it's a proc of the mainhand itself. If you got faster swing then 1 sec due to tactic it's not gonna proc anyway due to ICD.

I would like to add that the ICD on Prayers/Covenants is one of the worst changes from live. I can understand the AoE detaunt which got reverted back for some reason but the covenants/prayer just makes no sence with a ICD when you have tactics that increase the rate efficiancy of them.

RuffRyder

Post#26 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:02 am

I spent plenty of time playing my WP with focus on salvation tree and can say at least for healing purposes it is more than viable even when not speccing heavily into willpower and heal crit. You have many good tools including group hot and cleanse, and a good combination of AP and RF based abilities. I atm use a rather tanky spec with accessory, and heals are still awesome, I rarely use my Genesis Set.

I am working on a Wrath spec atm, so can maybe give some more feedback after a few weeks, but I don't exspect to be anywhere near "real" dps classes, but with way better survivability.

I can't say whether a DoK performs better in both ways.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Mystry
Suspended

Post#27 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:39 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:27 am
Given the OP specifically asked about damage lets stick to damage in wrath -

Prayer of righteous does 17% more damage than celerity in lieu of snare.

Soulfire does 44% more damage per second than fell sacrifice, yes its cast time blows but you can synergize accelerated intimation off Hammer of Sigmar should you wish for a 1s cast.

Guilty Soul does decent damage.

The Warrior Priests 10% defensive strikethrough (block AND parry) is a much better boon to damage than 10% parry.

2h AAs allow for larger burst.

Prayer of Righteousness does indeed do more base damage than Celerity. But Celerity has double the chance to proc because of dual wielding, and vastly outperforms Righteousness because of it.

Soulfire is nearly unusable due to it breaking AoE Detaunt. It's great in PvE, though.

Guilty Soul is unusable because you can't fit it into tactics.

10% Strikethrough is indeed better for damage than 10% parry (since WP/DoK have no on-parry retaliation abilities). But Dual Wielding is once again, VASTLY superior.

2 handed Auto Attacks are also technically larger in number than 1 handed Auto Attacks. But yet again, Dual Wielding hits more than twice as fast, since there are two of them, and they have a higher speed than a 2 handed weapon.

What you can take away from this is that Dual Wielding is by far better than having a 2 hander, due to underlying mechanics in the game, and is the NUMBER ONE thing responsible for the disparity between DoK and WP damages.

peterthepan3

Post#28 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Divine Justice + AA stacking DPS WP = PoR can proc to synch with every AA. Also, PoR benefits from having a strong and reliable SM Spirit Debuff (while Destro would require a Sorc/Magus, which is subject to being disrupted regularly and doesn't always fit in to a DPS DOK group - particularly melee train).

Ads
michela89

Post#29 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Mystry wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:39 pm What you can take away from this is that Dual Wielding is by far better than having a 2 hander, due to underlying mechanics in the game, and is the NUMBER ONE thing responsible for the disparity between DoK and WP damages.

nailinthehead

Post#30 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Spoiler:
michela89 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:59 pm Image
Actually few days ago I saw a WP in BFP wielding two hammers... Dont know how it is possible tho, couldn't inspect his profile.