Recent Topics

Ads

Worrier Priest advantage(s)?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
roadkillrobin

Re: Worrier Priest advantage(s)?

Post#11 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 am

Panzerkasper wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Wounds buff is super usefull considering the amount of wounds debuff on opposing side.
The Wounds debuff seems super good, but it isn't anymore. If it was ever in the patchnotes I overlooked it, but I think it was more of a ninja nerf. The range it gets applied is super short now (maybe ~30feet), and its a pain in the ass to reapply it once it gets removed.
I stopped speccing for it some days ago because its a way too heavy investment for a buff that is so hard to keep up.
I never have problem with it's range tbh. Sometimes it bugs and doesn't stick to some player for some reason. But just reaply it every time before you mount up.
But since AoE detsunt tactic got unnerfed again i'm not sure it's worth goin up in that path again tbh.

Id like to see Exalted Defences remake when it comes to dps WP. Something like:
Critical hits place a debuff on your target for 3 seconds and whenever that target is attacked theres a 25% chance to cleanse a hex or curse fromthe attacker. (3sec ICD on attacker)

Ads
Acidic

Post#12 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Don’t forget DOK appear to be as close to x-gender , class depends on your perspective if this is a pro or con. Had to swap to a BO, as felt wired to have a char that looked like a boy in a dress

Smellybelly

Post#13 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Acidic wrote:Don’t forget DOK appear to be as close to x-gender , class depends on your perspective if this is a pro or con. Had to swap to a BO, as felt wired to have a char that looked like a boy in a dress
Orcs are big piles of sentient fungus though, they dont even have a gender. Triggered again? :lol:

Acidic

Post#14 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Smellybelly wrote:
Acidic wrote:Don’t forget DOK appear to be as close to x-gender , class depends on your perspective if this is a pro or con. Had to swap to a BO, as felt wired to have a char that looked like a boy in a dress
Orcs are big piles of sentient fungus though, they dont even have a gender. Triggered again? :lol:
:) no worries my BO has a gender under all that fungus :)

Scottx125

Post#15 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Arconnn wrote:DoK has aoe cleanse as an M2 (Debatable to use over FM) better covenant with a proc chance increase tactic, DoK arguably has a better 20% heal buff tactic (Unless we're talking about large scale / kite rvr) as long as you have a zealot in group (which you should 99% of the time) there's no need to run the ap on group heal tactic.

WP, 20% heal buff on disrupt (Very good especially when you're taking passive damage) Wounds buff which is great as long as it doesn't get shattered

How other healers affect you?
WP doesn't have AP issues where as DoK sometimes can, (RP ap rune procs on ability use, Zealot procs on attack)
Shaman gives some nice free Morale to DoK (should be using some kind of attack every 10 seconds anyway)

Judgement & Fist of Khaine are the most underrated and underused abilities in this game.
Not entirely true if you are a melee WP. You drink AP.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Arconnn

Post#16 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:10 pm

Scottx125 wrote:
Arconnn wrote:DoK has aoe cleanse as an M2 (Debatable to use over FM) better covenant with a proc chance increase tactic, DoK arguably has a better 20% heal buff tactic (Unless we're talking about large scale / kite rvr) as long as you have a zealot in group (which you should 99% of the time) there's no need to run the ap on group heal tactic.

WP, 20% heal buff on disrupt (Very good especially when you're taking passive damage) Wounds buff which is great as long as it doesn't get shattered

WP doesn't have AP issues where as DoK sometimes can, (RP ap rune procs on ability use, Zealot procs on attack)
Shaman gives some nice free Morale to DoK (should be using some kind of attack every 10 seconds anyway)

Judgement & Fist of Khaine are the most underrated and underused abilities in this game.
i dont care about melee wp
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

Arbich
Suspended

Post#17 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Arconnn wrote:
Scottx125 wrote:

Well, that means you think judgement is an great ability for (mostly) cast healing WP? Could you explain why?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Arconnn

Post#18 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Arbich wrote:
Arconnn wrote:
Scottx125 wrote: Not entirely true if you are a melee WP. You drink AP.
Well, that means you think judgement is an great ability for (mostly) cast healing WP? Could you explain why?
15rf every 1 second on a 65ft range, because supplication makes you stop moving it can make you susceptible while roaming in rvr (so should only be used when your dps are pushing in or for 1 insta tick or 2 at most when running away) whith judgement you can be using on the move and ofc isn't on a cooldown, smite is good but again tide to a cooldown and you must be close to even hit 1 person let alone hit the optimal 4 people (in which case I will always opt for 1. the safer judgement spam or 2. sigmar's radiance jumping away) in between your supplications and theres nothing going on and your hots are on people you should be spamming judgement to stay as close to 250rf so when your dps get hit you're ready and not sitting at 120-150rf after pre-hots
as a healer a general rule of thumb is to keep up 100% cast time / gcd useage

so when kiting supplication for a tick and spam supplication so can continue to hot without falling behind on rf and staying high on rf incase burst appears or your dps decide to turn on them
smite is great but in my experience you'd have to be closer than the 45ft range to be able to hit 4+ people, in which case you'd be better of sigmar radiance for a guaranteed 40rf (+no cd) if you want to go for high rf per second in exchange for being up close and being potentially switched on

a 100% safe way to gain 15+8rf per second is better than doing nothing and more often than not better than going close for a smite or standing still for 3+ ticks of supplication (unless you're safe to do so and your dps wont move out of range of you which if we're being honest 80% of the time they're actively running away from you)
judgement also allows you to pre-kite while supplication you can only reactionary kite

another tip, Im not sure just how many wp's know about this but your knockback will give you a free +40rf even if you dont hit anyone with it

stream of consciousness post because i have my dinner infront of me and i want to eat that instead
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

Ads
nailinthehead

Post#19 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Arconnn wrote: i dont care about melee wp
Funny, considering that 2 out of 3 WP trees are about melee.

Answering the OP - the only advantage of WP is cool look. Other that that DoK is superior on all fields, especially dpsing and melee healing, just because his abilities aren't as broken as WP's.

Wosh
Banned

Post#20 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:56 am

Arconnn wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:20 am Judgement & Fist of Khaine are the most underrated and underused abilities in this game.
Judgement is good when combined with prayers and a debuff from a weapon of choice. Get RF, Deal damage for a low use of AP and if you are lucky enough to get it combined with the Sigmars hammer you get a 0.5 cast on judgement.

/Eherenreich