Recent Topics

Ads

Is the WP worth leveling to 40?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
swilkers808

Is the WP worth leveling to 40?

Post#1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:48 am

I played a DOK in live and killed it with heals and DPS. This time around, I went Order and I dislike cross realm. I currently have a level 23 WP and in RVR it seems futile. I am aware that the tiers were merged but I cannot really do anything like I did with the DOK. I cannot heal through someone beating on me and I cannot 1v1 anyone. I realize that I am mid-level but the class seems reallllly bad. I have a KOTBS at level 20 that is a blast to play if I have a healer but I am trying to contribute to the cause. Is the WP even worth leveling to 40?
In life, you can be the hammer or the nail. I prefer the hammer.

Ads
Akilinus

Re: Is the WP worth leveling to 40?

Post#2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:09 am

Yes its worth to level a wp to 40 but even more worth to find a guild/group of people to group up with
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

ashton007

Post#3 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:10 am

If you like the dps side of things, I think the DoK is way better.

Draugris

Post#4 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:32 am

Outside of a proper group to support you i think you will be having a hard time as a melee wp
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

swilkers808

Post#5 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:44 am

Draugris wrote:Outside of a proper group to support you i think you will be having a hard time as a melee wp

The hardest part is finding a group. All that I am trying to do is survive and heal my WP or 6 man. The SCs will be 6 Destro tanks against 6 casters. RVR is even worse. I do not remember just running for my life as much in Live. I am not out trying to solo Witch Elves. I am out running around in WPs and trying to just stay alive for the most part.

Draugris

Post#6 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:50 am

swilkers808 wrote: The hardest part is finding a group. All that I am trying to do is survive and heal my WP or 6 man. The SCs will be 6 Destro tanks against 6 casters. RVR is even worse. I do not remember just running for my life as much in Live. I am not out trying to solo Witch Elves. I am out running around in WPs and trying to just stay alive for the most part.
Yes i know, i have a WP myself and while in PvE melee WP is king, in PvP i quickly swapped my two hander to a book, it´s a niche spec which only works under certain circumstances.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Reesh

Post#7 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:12 am

Melee wp overall ain't in the best spot right now, but regardless - bear in mind that every class went through tiny changes, mechanics as well in difference from live.

Also - you're an under lvled, under geared solo character, and expect to wtf pwn everything? Especially players that are geared in best in slot pieces and actually know what they're doing?

The time when melee doks were overpowered as fk has passed by and thanks God for that.
As others said, find a guild. In proper 6 man setup melee wp can work when facing pugs.

Snoxx

Post#8 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Reesh wrote:In proper 6 man setup melee wp can work when facing pugs.
Any proper 6 man setup works when facing pugs.

Problem is, no proper 6 man setup will invite a melee WP.
Even pug warbands kick the WP out as soon they realize he is melee spec.

What you can do: Find a guard tank and run as 2-man group.

Or respec to 1h+book healer.

Ads
swilkers808

Post#9 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:18 pm

Reesh wrote:Melee wp overall ain't in the best spot right now, but regardless - bear in mind that every class went through tiny changes, mechanics as well in difference from live.

Also - you're an under lvled, under geared solo character, and expect to wtf pwn everything? Especially players that are geared in best in slot pieces and actually know what they're doing?

The time when melee doks were overpowered as fk has passed by and thanks God for that.
As others said, find a guild. In proper 6 man setup melee wp can work when facing pugs.
There is a large difference between "wtf pwn everything" and being generally viable. My question is at level 40, is the WP anything other than a spam healer in RVR? With my DOK, I would run a 6 man ORVR and take on 12-15 with no issues. I am pretty familiar with how the game works and "know what I am doing". However, I am not as familiar with the WP as I was with my DOK. Hence, I am asking these questions. Thank you for the input.

Ridduk

Post#10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:41 pm

swilkers808 wrote:
There is a large difference between "wtf pwn everything" and being generally viable. My question is at level 40, is the WP anything other than a spam healer in RVR?
It is of more value to a grp as a backline healer atm.