Recent Topics

Ads

Is the WP worth leveling to 40?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: Is the WP worth leveling to 40?

Post#11 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:37 pm

1, this ain't live. You won't be taking on 12-15 people if they have brains on RoR. No durp gear discrepancies atm/OP items/RD/CW.

2, again, this isn't live. Not to be rude, but the amount of people on the forums who come from live saying 'well I could do x, y and z on live' is beyond count atm. RoR is a completely different game to WAR, imho.

3, melee WP works in small encounters. It's terrible for RvR, but hardly any worse than DPS DOK. You can actually spec to be more tanky than dok, can dominate most 1v1s (including vs dps doks). Just don't expect to be able to consistently heal people on the move in RvR; SC is better suited for melee healing. DPS WP is pretty #lol, but given the dire state of competitive play on this server, you'll beat 90% of 'competitive elite' 6mans with it.

Ads
Krealot

Post#12 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:46 am

Ridduk wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:41 pm
swilkers808 wrote:
There is a large difference between "wtf pwn everything" and being generally viable. My question is at level 40, is the WP anything other than a spam healer in RVR?
It is of more value to a grp as a backline healer atm.
I agree to this as well. I noticed almost straight away that it whould take alot of effort on my WP to get viable for some type of solo play later on. That being said, it is only 13-14 for the moment, spending alot of time rvr, and a quest here and there. I usualy join up with groups during rvr to not only increase my survivability, but also that of the group. I do mediocre at best for the moment.
Fallenkezef wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:48 pm History is littered with the corpses of those who fought fairly, one on one. Those corpses fertilise the fields of the victors who understood that quantity has a quality all of it's own.

Schmissgesicht

Post#13 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:20 am

The WP(/dok) gets one of his main melee/grpheal ap-abilities at r35 afaik, i guess thats a crucial point to look for if your trying a melee spec

edit: maybe it was r30?

Krealot

Post#14 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:49 am

Schmissgesicht wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:20 am The WP(/dok) gets one of his main melee/grpheal ap-abilities at r35 afaik, i guess thats a crucial point to look for if your trying a melee spec

Acording to my skilltree, you get "Touch of the Divine" at lvl20.
Fallenkezef wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:48 pm History is littered with the corpses of those who fought fairly, one on one. Those corpses fertilise the fields of the victors who understood that quantity has a quality all of it's own.

Xergon

Post#15 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:53 am

swilkers808 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:48 am I played a DOK in live and killed it with heals and DPS. This time around, I went Order and I dislike cross realm. I currently have a level 23 WP and in RVR it seems futile. I am aware that the tiers were merged but I cannot really do anything like I did with the DOK. I cannot heal through someone beating on me and I cannot 1v1 anyone. I realize that I am mid-level but the class seems reallllly bad. I have a KOTBS at level 20 that is a blast to play if I have a healer but I am trying to contribute to the cause. Is the WP even worth leveling to 40?
Definitely it is worth. At lvl 23 i could solo some not well geared RR 40-50 WEs, also i won battles vs 3 tanks on similar lvl. Only problem is that all set are basically for pure healing, only Mercenary/Dominator is good for DPS/Buff WP.
I lvled 1st WH, its my love, at RR 50 and a lot fun to play, but when i started WP, damn whole new world. Currently WP is on 57 RR, farming Emblems so i can equip Dominator. Cant wait to hit 60 and try proper mastery DPS WP.
Ofc imho DPS WP mostly work in solo roaming/small skirmish. And if we talk about 1v1, WP vs DoK no win (too much armor), WP vs Shamman no win (u wont catch him), WP vs Zealot maybe, if he let u get on him and u land 4s silence.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Krealot

Post#16 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:04 am

I am currently scrublording on my WP as r13. And I will be going for pure heal building, unless i join a guild or the likes with pre-made party. But I do think, looking at some of the builds for the class and how they are being played, WP looks great towards end-game(?).

Scottx125

Post#17 » Sat May 19, 2018 1:41 pm

WP is viable if you become a book heal bot. Other than that you can get some success in SC's as 2H healer. But that's about it. Melee DPS and Melee Heal WP are in a bad spot at the moment. We've been waiting for the dev's to get around to do a comprehensive re-balance for them. Some people say that "Ah well it's meant to be a SC spec".. Rubbish. All specs are meant to be played across all modes, it's just some because of the current balance are more optimal than others.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#18 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:41 pm WP is viable if you become a book heal bot. Other than that you can get some success in SC's as 2H healer. But that's about it. Melee DPS and Melee Heal WP are in a bad spot at the moment. We've been waiting for the dev's to get around to do a comprehensive re-balance for them. Some people say that "Ah well it's meant to be a SC spec".. Rubbish. All specs are meant to be played across all modes, it's just some because of the current balance are more optimal than others.
So, all specs for all classes should work in all modes? In 1vs1, where selfheal is a great advantage? In smallscale, where it is about max burst on single target (strong single target debuffs/attacks and CCs)? In open roaming parties, where mobility is king? In largescale, where AoE abilities/morales are very important?

WP works - depending on spec - well in all modes (although melee heal might be slightly underperforming). Thats more other classes can offer and thats what I would call balance.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Scottx125

Post#19 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:35 am

Arbich wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm So, all specs for all classes should work in all modes? In 1vs1, where selfheal is a great advantage? In smallscale, where it is about max burst on single target (strong single target debuffs/attacks and CCs)? In open roaming parties, where mobility is king? In largescale, where AoE abilities/morales are very important?

WP works - depending on spec - well in all modes (although melee heal might be slightly underperforming). Thats more other classes can offer and thats what I would call balance.
There will always be situations where a spec is not viable. However it needs to averaged out as being viable in MOST situations across all modes of play. Book heal WP is viable pretty much anywhere in any situation. Melee heal WP is only partially viable in SC's and DPS WP is lol ded. There are plenty of suggestions of improving WP. And sure if you are with a ranged group having a melee heal WP isn't great. But if melee WP were made more tanky and were given a tactic or something deep in the grace tree to allow melee WP to heal everyone in 30ft whenever X spell or whatever is used. That would make them super valuable, even in RVR. Ofc all that stuff would have to be balanced.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Schmissgesicht

Post#20 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Krealot wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:49 am
Schmissgesicht wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:20 am The WP(/dok) gets one of his main melee/grpheal ap-abilities at r35 afaik, i guess thats a crucial point to look for if your trying a melee spec

Acording to my skilltree, you get "Touch of the Divine" at lvl20.
sry, didnt check forum for a while.

i didnt mean the grp heal; i was talking about "Sigmar´s Radiance/Transfer Essence (dok)" . according to waronlinebuilder.org you get it at r30