Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Hunter] New player looking for a build!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
alusnova

Re: [Witch Hunter] New player looking for a build!

Post#41 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:06 am

Again WH fun class to solo but you will struggle a first , and unless you got helpful guildies BL groups will be hard to find .

He already said that the class wasn't fun or too hard to play prolly not even getting to lv10 so if he quit is not cause of what we telling him is cause maybe War isn't for him.

I still recommend stick with War play a tank then once you understand the game roll a wh/we.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#42 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Mystry wrote:Here's some truth for you, in case the dissenting opinions are confusing you.

Witch Hunter is a weak class. He is completely subpar compared to White Lion and Slayer in every single area. No one will invite you to groups as a WH unless you know them IRL or from other games. No guild will want you. In scenarios and RvR fights, you will essentially be a useless third leg since you cannot make any significant difference in a fight due to your lack of survivability and lack of AOE.

WH is good at one thing and one thing only: ganking lone players. Unless you HEAVILY outgear them, you will not win any 1v2 or greater fights. Plus, Warhammer is mostly a mass PvP game, with fights between 6 to several dozen players, so solo fights are exceptionally rare. Even when stragglers are falling behind their main WB, they will move in a group, and even if you do catch one alone, killing one guy won't make a significant difference.

Also, yes, Order has a massive glut of solo DPS players. There are basically no tanks on Order (the ones who do roll 'tank' classes like IB or Knight almost exclusively go 2 hander and try to DPS), and very few healers (and once again, those who do roll healers tend to play the class as DPS). This is why Order almost always loses.

Witch Hunter can be FUN to play, sure. But WH gets nothing done and no one wants them. Sorry. If it makes you feel better, my own class is also in the shithole for many of the same reasons.

weak class lmao try saying that to Csi who pretty much dominated every other melee dps in solo and group effectiveness.

truth be told he was probably the only effective wh I've seen in a group for a long time.

Nirawen

Post#43 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:56 pm

There are still more WE than WH :)

just look at the 80 ...

The WE is much better in a group or solo even if Wh defends itself but less powerful it is clear.

peterthepan3

Post#44 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:05 pm

X more players of class Y doesn't mean class Y is better than class Z. that's one of the worst ways to ascertain a class's potency/viability - particularly so in a casual game like RoR.

ToXoS

Post#45 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:16 pm

Nirawen wrote:There are still more WE than WH :)

just look at the 80 ...

The WE is much better in a group or solo even if Wh defends itself but less powerful it is clear.
I guess it varies amongst people.
In my experience I had a lot more fun and success with my WH than my WE in solo play.

Mavella

Post#46 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:35 pm

ToXoS wrote:
Nirawen wrote:There are still more WE than WH :)

just look at the 80 ...

I guess it varies amongst people.
In my experience I had a lot more fun and success with my WH than my WE in solo play.
WH have a lot more tools to make them viable in a solo capacity. BAL does an ungodly amount of damage with no CW anymore. Then you get the option of defensive subspec with RB/shroud or bursty with heal debuff and sigil of destruction. The bursty spec allows me to score kills despite some incoming healing that I know I'd never be able to get on my WE.

I find on the WE I can pick from PA and EoIP or heal debuff while going up high in the AW tree. The burst is awesome but any I definitely miss that incoming heal debuff. I've been thinking of doing a build where I get EoIP, heal debuff, and kd+increases pain but need RR50 before I can try that out. Of course solo WE has to deal with the cheese that is guardian WL and uncleansable BAL(can maybe get lucky and get it off with subj cloak every 30 minutes.) right now which isn't easy. Not saying it's impossible but the cards are definitely stacked against them.

fleshsaber

Post#47 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:49 pm

I have an RR 50+ WE and WH, and I can say, without a doubt, WH is the superior class. I don't say this to mean that WE isn't fun (they are) or that WE is gimped (maybe slightly, by comparison only) on the whole, but when it comes to ease of play, build dynamics, and entertainment value, the WH wins every category, for me.

peterthepan3

Post#48 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:15 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
alusnova wrote:WH and WE are not really assassins/rogue classes like in other mmos, they are a light meele dps with good burst and a 30 sec stealth . Thats it you will die alot, wb wont really invite you , BL groups will not want you , your hardly do anything to help win scenario if you solo , etc...

Other than that if you never played War WE/WH are not the easiest one to start with . Try a tank, healer or rdps
See now it seems to me that WH/WEs would make the best warband leaders, in the scrum your role is diminished therefore you can concentrate on what is actually going on in the wider WAR and set up your troops and strategies, doesnt seem to work out that way, seems most of those that gravitate to the playstyle dont like to lead.
Pretty much what Csi did when he lead WBs. People /lul'd at the concept of a WH leading a WB, but it worked :lol:

Ads
Danord
Suspended

Post#49 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:39 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
alusnova wrote:WH and WE are not really assassins/rogue classes like in other mmos, they are a light meele dps with good burst and a 30 sec stealth . Thats it you will die alot, wb wont really invite you , BL groups will not want you , your hardly do anything to help win scenario if you solo , etc...

Other than that if you never played War WE/WH are not the easiest one to start with . Try a tank, healer or rdps
See now it seems to me that WH/WEs would make the best warband leaders, in the scrum your role is diminished therefore you can concentrate on what is actually going on in the wider WAR and set up your troops and strategies, doesnt seem to work out that way, seems most of those that gravitate to the playstyle dont like to lead.
Pretty much what Csi did when he lead WBs. People /lul'd at the concept of a WH leading a WB, but it worked :lol:
He also lost alot of hair along the way :D

Nirawen

Post#50 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:20 am

peterthepan3 wrote:X more players of class Y doesn't mean class Y is better than class Z. that's one of the worst ways to ascertain a class's potency/viability - particularly so in a casual game like RoR.

when you have a class that is not represented, there is a problem ... a little reminder of the magus.
I have a WE and a WH, for me not photo WE> WH.

Out of overlock:
I see that we complain about the WL ... be patient side desto you will have one, the devs always meet the expectations of the destros: p

On the other hand it will be funny small groups, spuig + WL destro ... 2 Players + 2 Mobile Pet. I am for a small pet for the SW .... or another class order history that there is not clearly a side (yet?) Benefit ...

More than to wait, it will be decisive for me in the continuation of ror ... or not