Recent Topics

Ads

Is it really a "bad" idea to start as a WH? AKA help a noob

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Shooshpanzerer

Re: Is it really a "bad" idea to start as a WH? AKA help a noob

Post#21 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Well, if it would be of any use, but ideal order WB composition is 6 KotBS, 1 IB, 1 SM, 5-6 BW, 1 slayer, 1-2 engi, 0-1 dps RP, 4 WP, 1-3 AM, 1-3 RP.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#22 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Its a versitile class with sucky AoE which kinda take away alot of the versitility as this game is either warband AoE or small scale based. This kinda limits the use of the class and if you're planning to play in warbands make a Slayer instead as it actually have a spot in all settings. And right now if you want a ST based dps style White Lions atually outburst WH with MUCH better survivabillity, mobillity and utillity. So thats the classes I would chose from.

Caleb

Post#23 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Makes me sad a little bit, and I know it's not the devs fault, but sad to see that not all classes are roughly equally desirable.

Yardy

Post#24 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:09 pm

Renork wrote: My personal biggest annoyance is being a NA player means playing a squishy melee dps class is a betch (tanks snaring you more than 5ft away).
Try playing down under, our biggest annoyance is tanks snaring you from about 65f away, or demounted by a 150f axe throw, and when you 'think' you are behind the target to stab em in the back, you end up with a parry..........

Play a WH big fella, no harm in it. I still have fun on my WE (even though she can frustrate me to no end)
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

adamthelc

Post#25 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:08 am

Yardy wrote:
Renork wrote: My personal biggest annoyance is being a NA player means playing a squishy melee dps class is a betch (tanks snaring you more than 5ft away).
Try playing down under, our biggest annoyance is tanks snaring you from about 65f away, or demounted by a 150f axe throw, and when you 'think' you are behind the target to stab em in the back, you end up with a parry..........

Play a WH big fella, no harm in it. I still have fun on my WE (even though she can frustrate me to no end)
I remember when the game first launched melee could never get an attack off. You would constantly get target out of range notification. Morales would almost never go off. If you were lucky enough to get a champions challenge off the other person would be rooted out of range of your attacks.

Why I switched to a ranged class and it was my first 40.

AngusMacAskill

Post#26 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Caleb wrote:Hello guys!

I would like to ask for a little advice as a noob who would like to really get in the game. I tried to start playing this game multiple times but I gave up for whatever reasons, this time I really want to give it a go, find friends, play actively and start being part of the community.

But I was talking about asking for advice, so here it is : I would like to play a WH if I followed my heart, but I spent a few hours reading forums about advice/recommendation and most people seem to advise against starting a Witch Hunter, as it's very hard, quote "useless", "not useful in parties".

Is it really that bad and if yes what class would you guys recommend for someone who is new with good MMO experience and would like to find parties / join group easy. Any role is fine for me.

And of course, can I still learn WH and be just as useful as others if I spend a good time learning it.
Yes, just spec Dragon Gun and you'll be super useful everywhere.

Here is the build, young fellow-me-lad:

RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

Tesq

Post#27 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Which hunter is underated, but you cant do anything for its aoe stuff, it',s really not viable for that job. It is also a bit more gear dependant than other class.

And yes the **** tank stag thing which peter said is retarded good so you just have to be fine with what you pick

-badass look
- sneaky playstile
-great solo potential
-worst aoe line in melee selection(better than WE still i presume).
-escape tool which is also a troll cc due being out almost out of immunity......

shaggyboomboom

Post#28 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:31 pm

What was the recent dragon gun change?

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#29 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:51 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:What was the recent dragon gun change?
Mirrored OYK

Caleb

Post#30 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:20 am

peterthepan3 wrote:who are these groups that want nothing to do with WHs? bad groups, I guess? WH is awesome in group play with a comp supporting him. Happy to showcase its brilliance and link a few vids of WH group play from PoV of Csi.
Would love to see those WH PoV plays if your offer still stands! ^^ Everyone mentions this Csi as a WH, does he also have builds available maybe to help?