Recent Topics

Ads

WP Group Cleanse - Remove Self??

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
swilkers808

WP Group Cleanse - Remove Self??

Post#1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:57 am

So, can someone please in a concise manner explain to me why the WP group cleanse no longer includes the WP? WPs already have no root/stun break in the heal tree and only one legit tree to play after level 35ish. Please, explain this.
In life, you can be the hammer or the nail. I prefer the hammer.

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Re: WP Group Cleanse - Remove Self??

Post#2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:07 am

Group cleanse is incredibly powerful tool, with it you can negate a large proportion of damage from your group. When it cleansed the WP as well, there were very few ways to counter the ability's use as focusing the WP without cc, made little difference.

This change was brought in to implement potential counter plays to the Group heal and cleanse spamming bots that grew out of live.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

swilkers808

Post#3 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:17 am

Gerv wrote:Group cleanse is incredibly powerful tool, with it you can negate a large proportion of damage from your group. When it cleansed the WP as well, there were very few ways to counter the ability's use as focusing the WP without cc, made little difference.

This change was brought in to implement potential counter plays to the Group heal and cleanse spamming bots that grew out of live.
Maybe a WP that was RR80 with full Conq gear. WP, as is stands now, is just as squishy as it gets. For supposedly being a "front line healer", this class is potentially broken.
In life, you can be the hammer or the nail. I prefer the hammer.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:28 am

You have a 100% uptime AoE detaunt with tactic. Use it. WPs are one of the tankiest healers.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Nekkma

Post#5 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:12 am

Dok and WP nowadays take some effort to play. You cannot facetank as was possible on live. Balance between healing classes is much better atm than it was on live.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Toldavf

Post#6 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:26 am

To illustrate the difference in players, skill, mindset, available gear and play style.

I can't touch a good WP on mara, but I can 4 shot a bad one.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

shaggyboomboom

Post#7 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:30 pm

Also, the cleanse doesn't work on targets that are 100ft+ from you.

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:21 pm

The chance to defend each dot tick aswell as the intial attack and AoE snares being heavily more lmited kinda even this is out. I don't even run the tactic anymore. Right now it's all about timing heals to deal with the insane burst damage. You hardly have time to cleanse anymore tbh.

Ads