Recent Topics

Ads

KOTBS - 2hander builds

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ace

KOTBS - 2hander builds

Post#1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:44 pm

Any viable KOTBS 2hander builds below RR40? How viable is the 2h KotBS in general?

I've never played a KotBS before and I'm currently levelling up via open RvR and scenarios and I'm looking for tips on a good build, good stats or skills to prioritise as a KotBS focusing on 2h swords?

Ads
Manatikik

Re: KOTBS - 2hander builds

Post#2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:52 pm

2h Kotbs is fine. Focus on Runefang and Encouraged Aim for tactics. Run Press the Attack, Stand Strong, and Gather Your Resolve as sub 40 without many points to spend on upgraded auras. Focus on Str WS and wounds as your stats.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ace

Post#3 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:27 am

Manatikik wrote:2h Kotbs is fine. Focus on Runefang and Encouraged Aim for tactics. Run Press the Attack, Stand Strong, and Gather Your Resolve as sub 40 without many points to spend on upgraded auras. Focus on Str WS and wounds as your stats.
How does it compare to a pure tank build with a sword & board though?

Ramasee

Post#4 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:49 am

First off, two handers on tanks are generally not as useful in orvr as those with shield because you cannot hold the line. HOWEVER, you do have the benefit of the AoE wounds debuff with arcing swing and the -10% chance for enemies to defend when using staggering impact. You also still have the ability to guard and can provide 5% more critical hit chance to the party than a sword and shield Knight can.

If you are deadset on orvr with a 2H, my suggestion is to always highlight these somewhat unique uses for your build to people that question you. In additiion, still spec defensively with high wounds, toughness, and %parry/dodge/disrupt. For gear you are going to want to get parry strikethrough as much as possible to help mitigate your somewhat slower strength. Runefang tactic is a MUST for 2h Kotbs and should be in all 5 tactics sets. Focused Offense, Gilded Shield, Menance (except in pve), Sigmar's Favor, and Well-Trained are all dead tactics for you, so don't bother with them.

Here is a fair r40 rr<40 build: http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... 108&t=3068
Left 2 points for you to make choices. Avoid Mymyrdia's Fury, it does a fair amount of damage but you cannot autoattack during it so two precision strikes and an auto attack deal more damage in the same amount of time. That said it is more AP efficient. Up to you.

You can have a different set for small scale combat which focuses more on strength and weaponskill allowing you to put out a fair amount of damage. (Although it will be less than a 2h IB or SM). Your main benefits are your auras and the things I highlighted above.

Ace

Post#5 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:54 am

Ramasee wrote:You can have a different set for small scale combat which focuses more on strength and weaponskill allowing you to put out a fair amount of damage. (Although it will be less than a 2h IB or SM). Your main benefits are your auras and the things I highlighted above.
So what you're saying is KotBS is the lowest 2H damage dealing tank on Order? In which case I might as well just suck it up and go sword & board really.

Ramasee

Post#6 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:02 am

I am saying 2H kotbs have a great use in parties and warbands; you go 2h to deal more damage than you would sword and board and you have the great buffs/debuffs no other tank can provide.

Just don't make a 2h kotbs expecting to be the best damage out there. They simply are tooled out to make other people do more damage rather than themselves.

To point out their usefulness, my warband leader wants one or two 2h kotbs JUST for the debuffs I mentioned originally, and to go in a utility party.

Ace

Post#7 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:13 am

Aye, I can see that and appreciate your insight but what buffs/debuffs can a 2h KOTBS provide that a S&B can't?

AoE wounds debuff?
Party crit chance?

Are these 2hander exclusives?

Ramasee

Post#8 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:36 am

Arcing Swing is your AoE wounds debuff and it requires a great weapon. Staggering Impact is the -10% chance to be defended AoE debuff, it can be used with sword and shield but is heavy investment into the "2h tree". Encouraged Aim provides your party 10% critical chance when running the aura: Press the Attack! and this requires a great weapon to be equipped. Great weapons also innately give you 10% block strike through which is basically more hits with your ccs and debuffs in addition to their higher base dps which increases your damage.

Sword and Shield exclusives are 5% increased critical chance to party whenever you block (5% less than Encouraged Aim). Hold the Line ability: 45% dodge disrupt for you and 15% for your allies as long as you channel. And a +10% block (+15% parry as well with a tactic) buff with a near 100% uptime.

That's the only differences. The remaining is how you gear, what auras you run, and how you play. You can be offensive or defensive with either weapon set.

And at anytime you can switch weapons and tactics slotted for the role you need to play in your current situation.

Ads
rmpl

Post#9 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:16 pm

Ramasee wrote:First off, two handers on tanks are generally not as useful in orvr as those with shield because you cannot hold the line. HOWEVER, you do have the benefit of the AoE wounds debuff with arcing swing and the -10% chance for enemies to defend when using staggering impact. You also still have the ability to guard and can provide 5% more critical hit chance to the party than a sword and shield Knight can.

If you are deadset on orvr with a 2H, my suggestion is to always highlight these somewhat unique uses for your build to people that question you. In additiion, still spec defensively with high wounds, toughness, and %parry/dodge/disrupt. For gear you are going to want to get parry strikethrough as much as possible to help mitigate your somewhat slower strength. Runefang tactic is a MUST for 2h Kotbs and should be in all 5 tactics sets. Focused Offense, Gilded Shield, Menance (except in pve), Sigmar's Favor, and Well-Trained are all dead tactics for you, so don't bother with them.

Here is a fair r40 rr<40 build: http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... 108&t=3068
Left 2 points for you to make choices. Avoid Mymyrdia's Fury, it does a fair amount of damage but you cannot autoattack during it so two precision strikes and an auto attack deal more damage in the same amount of time. That said it is more AP efficient. Up to you.

You can have a different set for small scale combat which focuses more on strength and weaponskill allowing you to put out a fair amount of damage. (Although it will be less than a 2h IB or SM). Your main benefits are your auras and the things I highlighted above.
staggering impact? no stun? no slice through?

ignore anything that guy said lol

Ace

Post#10 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Is stacking weapon skill viable to ensure runefang uptime?