Recent Topics

Ads

KOTBS - 2hander builds

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scottx125

Re: KOTBS - 2hander builds

Post#51 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:02 pm

szejoza wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:21 pm Ok, then it is quite far from being strong, and skill usage tells a lot what you know about your class x) play a bit more before giving out solutions please
I'm giving a solution as an opinion. That is not for you to decide if I do or do not. Second, of course it's not high. You are a tank. The primary role of a 2H tank is not DPS, if anyone told you otherwise they are lying. You only go 2H to get the wounds debuff. That's why It's only advisable to have 1-2 of them in a WB. The extra damage abilities I've chosen as well as how I've built my character is based on my role. And it's not a damage dealer, my role is to assist DPS on pressuring the back line healers. That means guarding their incoming damage (being as tanky as possible) whilst also helping hit healers.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#52 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:27 pm

He means that blazing blade is useless as a source of damage, and Vicious Slash should be used as an interrupt, not to deal damage.

You 100% need more than 3300 or 3800 armor. One armor debuff and youre at 2300 armor, which is what my lowbie marauder has for armor, aka not good.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

kok

Post#53 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:17 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:27 pm He means that blazing blade is useless as a source of damage, and Vicious Slash should be used as an interrupt, not to deal damage.
What Overpowered skill you are using then?
VC and BB are the highest KOTBS dmg skill in term of raw damage.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#54 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:39 pm

Blazing Blade requires 3 gcds to stack it to make it do actual damage. If you have 3 gcds to waste on Blazing Blade, youre killing afk people or doing pve.

Vicious Slash does decent damage, but the interrupt is far more important than its damage.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

kok

Post#55 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:53 am

GodlessCrom wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:39 pm Blazing Blade requires 3 gcds to stack it to make it do actual damage. If you have 3 gcds to waste on Blazing Blade, youre killing afk people or doing pve.
Vicious Slash does decent damage, but the interrupt is far more important than its damage.
Last time I check, BB dots tick with 1 stack as well.So which skill beside VC do more damage than BB ?
You talk as if Knight has some OP finisher like Burn away lies.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

Wdova

Post#56 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:23 pm

I want to reopen the debate after couple of months.

From my personel expirence at least dps outpoot is far from 2H SM or 2H IB.

While leveling kobs, I am trying to find perfect balance between 2H tanking+survivability and still having descent dmg outpoot to assist main DPS.

For survivability I stack armor/toughne.I didnt invest much in to offensives since Kobs can perma buff his strenght via Press Attack aura and Runefang procs.

Renown point investment in to full parry and dodge/disrubt seems like a must have(like for other 2H tanks).

Thanks to nice bonuses from beastlord set, which provide strenght, weapon skill, 5% parry and armor debuff, it seems verry pottent buff to dmg outpoot.
Rest of gear will be ruin for 650 armor debuff and toughnes until 3 piece of conq.

As talismans probably armor and toughnes.

Still not sure about build. As a 2H kobs it seems Encouraged Aim tactic seems like a must have. I cant tell the same about rest of the tactics and skills in conquest tree.

I have few builds in my mind I want to share.

At lvl 40 rr 40ish, this would be probably my satrter build.
http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... ,3068,3089

For rr60 ish this seems to be the most balanced build for group/WB play. Providing 10% cc, while having KD and AOE stagger.
http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... ,3068,3080

When I collect dominator and get borred off tanking, I will go DPS build with full Beastlord/3pc dominator mix and like 30rr points in to crit.

http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... ,3080,3070

Cant wait for lvl 40 to test its performance.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Arconnn

Post#57 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:38 pm

RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Stack wounds and when you don't have wounds you get more wounds
With decent gear you'll have enough reduction in crit hit

Use the equip quest 2h (the movement speed one)

any other opinion isn't correct btw

Gear you use 2p redeye (Cloak / Boots) 3p Conq (gloves/chest/belt) 2p Overlord (helm/shoulders) and 2p Genesis / the 2nd 3% parry genesis and skaven ring
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

Grimgore

Post#58 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:01 am

Just a question about 2h Knight. In order right now we have very few mDps. So for someone who plays solo (Open WB and so), wouldn't be easier to get medallions as a 2h knight? I mean if you have no mDps you are practically a front-liner, taking damage and diying taking back very few. Not close to a Dps to guard or a healer, and no damage on yourself to actually do smthg.

Any opinions on that? (Or i am just playing it wrong!). 46Kotbs here and a little disappointed on how much less medallions i take as a SnB tank than a rDps or healer for example!

P.S. And no, you cant always find good party to roam.

Ads
Wdova

Post#59 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:37 am

Grimgore wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:01 am Just a question about 2h Knight. In order right now we have very few mDps. So for someone who plays solo (Open WB and so), wouldn't be easier to get medallions as a 2h knight? I mean if you have no mDps you are practically a front-liner, taking damage and diying taking back very few. Not close to a Dps to guard or a healer, and no damage on yourself to actually do smthg.

Any opinions on that? (Or i am just playing it wrong!). 46Kotbs here and a little disappointed on how much less medallions i take as a SnB tank than a rDps or healer for example!

P.S. And no, you cant always find good party to roam.
Kobs is mainly group tank. Going solo and hoping to find 1v1 fight with unhealed enemy is no go for Kobs no matter if SnB or 2H. Kobs has probably the lowest dmg outpoot of all tanks. You dont have armor debuff, dmg outpoot and self heal like Ironbreaker or avoidance, absorb bubbles and spirit dmg with AOE spirit debuff like Swordmaster. All other tanks has the debuffs for theyr main dmg skills.
2H kobs is mainly for utility rather than increased dmg by using AOE wounds debuff and 10% crit chance for realm. I recommend make friends for at least duo roam, or small party and join open warbands if all others are offline.
For mainly solo purposes, IB is the king of the hill on order side.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

orillah
Suspended

Post#60 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:08 pm

Knight do worst damage from all classes. Mainly play it like def bot in a group. Solo is hard and frustrating, especially in open rvr. Remember healer > you.