Recent Topics

Ads

KOTBS - 2hander builds

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eathisword

Re: KOTBS - 2hander builds

Post#41 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:45 am

venrik wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:11 am (stuff I said)
This is true, but if enemy are blowing this much on you to take you down, then either your group is dead already, or you are holding them up while your group kites away, or they are just wasting stuff on you that could be better off used elsewhere. Not disagreeing with you on what armor brings to the table, but in a 6 man you wont need so much. I slot def talis in my gear, armor and ini, and have 40% parry for the runefang proc (50% with weapon proc). I run the str aura, resists and health/ap regen as a basic set, and use toughness pot. Take KD from middle tree, slice through, plus 10% crit on str aura. the rest is up to your preference, or your groups needs.
Oh mate, I am not advocating to get 8k armor. I am merely pointing out how it works. All I am saying is 3.3k is way too low in my opinion and experience.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
ashton007

Post#42 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:51 am

Eathisword wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:45 am
venrik wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:11 am (stuff I said)
This is true, but if enemy are blowing this much on you to take you down, then either your group is dead already, or you are holding them up while your group kites away, or they are just wasting stuff on you that could be better off used elsewhere. Not disagreeing with you on what armor brings to the table, but in a 6 man you wont need so much. I slot def talis in my gear, armor and ini, and have 40% parry for the runefang proc (50% with weapon proc). I run the str aura, resists and health/ap regen as a basic set, and use toughness pot. Take KD from middle tree, slice through, plus 10% crit on str aura. the rest is up to your preference, or your groups needs.
Oh mate, I am not advocating to get 8k armor. I am merely pointing out how it works. All I am saying is 3.3k is way too low in my opinion and experience.
So what would be a good amount of armor to have for mdps? I'm working on a melee healer and i want him to be fairly tough.

Eathisword

Post#43 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:01 am

No idea, I don'T play one. The ideas I provided are mostly for 2H tanks.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Tankbeardz

Post#44 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:27 am

Alfinnete wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:18 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:47 pm
Alfinnete wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:47 pm
Okay buddy, if you say ...
Good points you make. Very well thought out. I guess you're right.
Dude, just chosen not to need WS is one of the best perks. You can leave the skills that beat spiritual very strong without needing qr for 1 point in WS.

I have the 2 and by experience the KOTBS is good fun of 2H, but defensive.
I do too....not sure what your point is. What knight specs WS? Runefang is really all you need.

Ravage is pretty garbage atm but go ahead and ravage spam with your super squish build. I won't debate with you any more. :!:

Scottx125

Post#45 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:44 am

venrik wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:11 am This is true, but if enemy are blowing this much on you to take you down, then either your group is dead already, or you are holding them up while your group kites away, or they are just wasting stuff on you that could be better off used elsewhere. Not disagreeing with you on what armor brings to the table, but in a 6 man you wont need so much. I slot def talis in my gear, armor and ini, and have 40% parry for the runefang proc (50% with weapon proc). I run the str aura, resists and health/ap regen as a basic set, and use toughness pot. Take KD from middle tree, slice through, plus 10% crit on str aura. the rest is up to your preference, or your groups needs.
Agreed. At 3300 armour you can easily get another 1200 from pots and your ability. An extra 600 if you got a WP in the group running a blessing. Armour is useful don't get me wrong, but only against melee damage. Toughness is good verse all damage, but it's far less efficient. Which is why I prefer wounds.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Scottx125

Post#46 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:52 am

szejoza wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:39 pm How hard are you hitting with that spec, what is your gear?

You write a lot but it seems garbage to me, no banish darkness? no KD? looks like wannabe loldps build rather than proper cc-assist tank
On average good game of 6v6 I can get about 150k DMG 30k healing. No screenshots to verify that as I don't play SC's on my KOTBS often (he mainly plays in ORVR). My build is primarily an RvR one and in our guild we don't like punting in ORVR. And I never said it was a CC-assist tank. The purpose of this tank is to use the glory spec to avoid armour as stacking WS is one of the worst things to do. Heaven's Fury is a nice silence and is good to stop casting and lock down targets for about 2-3 seconds. Rest of the points in conq tree aside from the selected abilities and tactics are for maxing the strength of your wounds debuff, which is one of the main reasons to go 2H KOTBS.
Last edited by Scottx125 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Scottx125

Post#47 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:05 am

deathkylem wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:30 pm You know that potion armor doestn stacks with perseverance no? i love see a screenshot with 40%-60% dodge disrupt in KOTBS 2H...maybe +40% dodge if you build ini(useless) with runefang...disrupt? hahahahahha and 70% parry without build ws? hahahah sorry but are you trying troll us?
Didn't know that armour pots don't stack with perseverance (sounds like a bug to be if that's true). This is a screenshot without 7% buff from final gear config (added on) as well as all the additional buffs from RR etc https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3EAC2FF3F/. 51.6% parry, 42.4% Dodge and 34.6% disrupt. IMO that parry is fine (lower than what I remember) but still fine. Dodge is fine, disrupt is a little low. I'd like to get that up to 40%. I admit the values are lower than what I remember (will change my post to reflect this) however altering my build to include some more I could probably hit 60%-40%-40%. From my experience as a 2H KOTBS, your issue is never melee. It's ranged DPS. In fact a quick look and I can say I can get 40% disrupt easily with The Great Covenant set without loss to my parry or current Dod/Disru. But actually looking 2 piece genesis cape and parry + 3 piece Fortunes baubles gives an extra 2% to parry/dodge/disrupt. And a nice buff to AP and Morale regen.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

szejoza

Post#48 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:15 am

I meant how hard your auto attacks are, how bursty can you get, scenario dmg charts can be misleading and show fluff dmg (I often was high in dmg done as a snb tank only because nobody was attacking me and I was free to 'harras' with my fluff dmg for full 15 mins)
Spoiler:

Ads
Scottx125

Post#49 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:13 am

szejoza wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:15 am I meant how hard your auto attacks are, how bursty can you get, scenario dmg charts can be misleading and show fluff dmg (I often was high in dmg done as a snb tank only because nobody was attacking me and I was free to 'harras' with my fluff dmg for full 15 mins)
Really depends, up the path of Conq tree you can take the channelled swinging ability if you want but it's expensive AF on AP. My passive weapon dmg is an average of 474 dmg (including auras) and around 668 crit. With Myridias Fury that can give some burst damage paired with raze and maybe wounds debuff. But most damage is DoT stacking Blazing blade and Viscous slash. I use the other abilities like Shining blade and Precision strike based on the situation. (note this does not include runefang as rats die in 1 hit).
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

szejoza

Post#50 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:21 pm

Ok, then it is quite far from being strong, and skill usage tells a lot what you know about your class x) play a bit more before giving out solutions please
Spoiler: