Recent Topics

Ads

KOTBS - 2hander builds

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
szejoza

Re: KOTBS - 2hander builds

Post#11 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:35 am

For kotbs below RR40 id suggest base like that:
RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

and probably Id go full defensive with vigilance to give me that survivability Im lacking, you will bring debuff to the nearby enemies and your wounds debuff will be somewhat okayish (around ~90 wounds debuff with that many master points invested). Dont pick up heavens fury if you are not familiar with its use or you will be giving out free immunities to enemy. With time you will get better at positioning/skill usage and get higher renown so after that you can go either for full loldpsconquest (works okayish in scenarios/smallscale, but isn't so strong in zerg fights) or full utlity with mix of conquest/vigi/glory trees

Anyways, you will lack some stuff with low RR (i started running 2h when I got 60+RR) but it is doable, you will suffer from not being able to kill a lot and not being as sturdy as a proper SnB tank

always remember to guard and challenge, make up for lack of htl with perfectly timed punts/kds and assists and people will love you
try to be loldps only and people won't even bother to heal you :D
Spoiler:

Ads
merkin

Post#12 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:08 am

Last edited by merkin on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ragafury

Post#13 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:46 am

Ace wrote:Any viable KOTBS 2hander builds below RR40? How viable is the 2h KotBS in general?

I've never played a KotBS before and I'm currently levelling up via open RvR and scenarios and I'm looking for tips on a good build, good stats or skills to prioritise as a KotBS focusing on 2h swords?
From my experience you are better off and more useful with snb, especially if you not grp'd which means for a kotbs usually pug warband.

In a pug warband with low RR on yourself and a healer in the back on the skilllevel ranging from esl ready to level 16 perma afk, 2hd specs can cause a lot of frustration.

A typical 2hd spec shines in a rvr 6 man with comms, soloing, scenarios (doesn't matter pug SC or premade, cause usually if your party has healers you are reasonable tanky in sc's).

In our order warband sketch there is also only one 2hd knight planned. So even in a premade warband slots are limited, however what we plan for our setup has no relevance to your playstyle, I just want to point out that a wb full with stylehammer pew pew dps tanks becomes very squishy with the lack of htl.

From my experience 2hd kotbs is more on the tanker side of 2hd tanks. So you can perform with it even in warbands and there are valid reasons to run one.

I personally would give str for warbands a low priority and build more str up the fewer numbers you plan to fight. In a wb you will be busy with survival, and usually dps gear is not known for its solid Crit reduction, parry, disrupt etc.

No matter how you twist and turn it, imo as a dedicated tank player you will carry multiple gear templates with you (snb defensive, snb offensive, 2hd defensive, 2hd offensive) and adjust to the role you have to perform and respec accordingly. That's at least imo how things are done right.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ace

Post#14 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Thanks for the useful feedback lads. :)

witchdoctor

Post#15 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:36 am

KotBS 2H
+10s cooldown on the kick (20s with SnB)
+10% crit for EVERYONE hitting the Targets next to me
+AoE Woudsdebuff
+Staggering Impact

SnB Kotbs is cool too, depends on setup. kiter party, no Need for 2h kotbs.
I just don't understand why some people go so hard SnB defensive they deal like 10 dmg per hit -> useless (unless PvE maybe)

Scottx125

Post#16 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:41 am

Ace wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:44 pm Is stacking weapon skill viable to ensure runefang uptime?
NEVER. WS is one of the worst things to stack atm. Just invest in high parry in renown and that should get you to around 30-40%. With all your gear you should get close to 50%. Then you guard a ranged player (only if main tanks are guarding all the main melee DPS) as your guard dmg will be parry-able. So you should have no issue with runefang up time, especially as it procs it also increases its chance of firing again due to increased parry chance. As a 2H KOTBS there are only 3 things to put points into in regards to RR, parry chance, dodge/disrupt chance and crit reduction. For talism on your gear, you want enough STR to be around 500-550 strength (including your auras) so that when runefang procs you get around 800 strength. Then you can invest maybe 1 talism slot to initiative to reduce chance to be crit, and the rest should be invested into wounds as that stacks better than armour (you use potions for that) or toughness (again potions, but it also stacks worse than both armour and wounds).
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

deathkylem
Suspended

Post#17 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 am

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:41 am
Ace wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:44 pm Is stacking weapon skill viable to ensure runefang uptime?
NEVER. WS is one of the worst things to stack atm. Just invest in high parry in renown and that should get you to around 30-40%. With all your gear you should get close to 50%. Then you guard a ranged player (only if main tanks are guarding all the main melee DPS) as your guard dmg will be parry-able. So you should have no issue with runefang up time, especially as it procs it also increases its chance of firing again due to increased parry chance. As a 2H KOTBS there are only 3 things to put points into in regards to RR, parry chance, dodge/disrupt chance and crit reduction. For talism on your gear, you want enough STR to be around 500-550 strength (including your auras) so that when runefang procs you get around 800 strength. Then you can invest maybe 1 talism slot to initiative to reduce chance to be crit, and the rest should be invested into wounds as that stacks better than armour (you use potions for that) or toughness (again potions, but it also stacks worse than both armour and wounds).
Hm not thruth..."So you should have no issue with runefang up time, especially as it procs it also increases its chance of firing again due to increased parry chance." you need read well the tactic. Initiative is not needed Runefang gives 240...easy to cap 400 ini. Armor potion is not worth many times in KOTBS because Perseverance doesnt stack with potion but you dont have a better choice...maybe reflect damage potion if you are a reflect kotbs.... Thougnes is a good choice with aura and m2 can cap 900+ enought. Wounds is not needed..8.5k unbuffed with beastlord/dom, 11k with m2 up 50% all the time

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#18 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:50 am

I have a 60+ KOTBS and a 60+ Chosen and the KOTBS does not compare to a chosen 2H.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#19 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:41 am

Alfinnete wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:50 am I have a 60+ KOTBS and a 60+ Chosen and the KOTBS does not compare to a chosen 2H.
But a SnB chosen does not compare to a SnB knight so it balances
Alea iacta est

Tankbeardz

Post#20 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Alfinnete wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:50 am I have a 60+ KOTBS and a 60+ Chosen and the KOTBS does not compare to a chosen 2H.
Really?