Recent Topics

Ads

WP - New ability in Wrath, is it viable?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scottx125

WP - New ability in Wrath, is it viable?

Post#1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:18 am

As the titles says, anyone tried out the new ability to see if its worth the 16 points into wrath? I think for it to be useful it's just too far into the wrath tree preventing you from getting other important abilities for survival.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Merrillian

Re: WP - New ability in Wrath, is it viable?

Post#2 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:31 am

It's really going to depend on what you want to do.

A charge like mechanic will be great for open-rvr where you might need to kite/be kited, or push the zerg.

Will it be useful in a scenario?
Well it provides immunities that can increase your time to kill, but is that worth sacrificing Sigmar's Shield is the question.

Personally I would love to have it in my kit, but alas I'm grace.

Fallenkezef

Post#3 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:34 am

I can see it useful in the capture SC's like serpents passage
Alea iacta est

Mystry
Suspended

Post#4 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:19 am

It's basically a charge that makes you immune to slows and I think roots for its duration.

So yes, it's good. You have to be Wrath to get it though. I'm hoping this means more Wrath buffs to make DPS WP actually a threat once you get into melee range with In Pursuit.

Fallenkezef

Post#5 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:22 am

Mystry wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:19 am It's basically a charge that makes you immune to slows and I think roots for its duration.

So yes, it's good. You have to be Wrath to get it though. I'm hoping this means more Wrath buffs to make DPS WP actually a threat once you get into melee range with In Pursuit.
My first thought would be a tweak to tactics, increased damage with a further decrease to healing.

The WoW Paladin springs to mind as a possible example.
Alea iacta est

Mystry
Suspended

Post#6 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:25 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:22 am
Mystry wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:19 am It's basically a charge that makes you immune to slows and I think roots for its duration.

My first thought would be a tweak to tactics, increased damage with a further decrease to healing.

The WoW Paladin springs to mind as a possible example.
I pray every night for a return of Experimental Mode. I know deep down that it'll never happen, because a certain someone keeps stonewalling it.

Snoxx

Post#7 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:00 pm

I'd say the ability itself is very viable, but the entire wrath tree below is still non-viable.

If it wasn't soooo deep down in the wrath tree, you could at least take Sigmars Shield and maybe even Grace of Sigmar tactic from grace tree together with the new ability. That would be a good way to spec a melee WP.

Unfortunately the wrath tree seems to be beyond repair. Unless there is a major overhaul or a massive damage boost, the wrath tree will always be subpar to the grace tree. (and vastly subpar to the DoK torture tree)

So let's hope they replace the grace M4 morale by something useful. In the grace tree, I'd be happy even with only half the ability, either a short movement boost or the root breaker. I don't even ask for both, half of it would be great already - if it were at 15 points in the grace tree.

Look at the grace M4 morale. Nobody specs it, nobody will miss it. "Divine Amazement" totally fails to amaze. The M2 "Rampaging Siphon" does basically the same, but heals the entire group instead of just healing me. When a core M2 morale is clearly better than a top-of-specline M4, then something is seriously wrong.

Please, please, replace the grace M4 by something useful. Thanks!

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:04 pm

The ability itself is very nice, and helps to alleviate some of the mobility woes. Whether or not said mobility woes should be kept if Wrath damage were to be increased is subjective and a discussion for another time, but a bone is a bone, and for that I am grateful.

In regards to actual damage, the Wrath tree is still (as Snoxx said) underperforming and only effective against clueless/gearless opposition (unfortunately).

Ads
ashton007

Post#9 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:34 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:04 pm The ability itself is very nice, and helps to alleviate some of the mobility woes. Whether or not said mobility woes should be kept if Wrath damage were to be increased is subjective and a discussion for another time, but a bone is a bone, and for that I am grateful.

In regards to actual damage, the Wrath tree is still (as Snoxx said) underperforming and only effective against clueless/gearless opposition (unfortunately).
Come on pete! Give WP the tool-tip dps increase it deserves!
(Or at least put it in line with DoK)

Mystry
Suspended

Post#10 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:02 pm

In addition to straight up needing more damage on abilities, a big problem of DPS WP is that it has a very strict tactics set up. Divine fury, fanaticism, and hasted divinity are practically mandatory, leaving only one open 'to choice'. I wish DF and Fanatacism were fused into a single 'DPS Mode' tactic. DPS WP already has a lot of good TOOLS: a silence, a healing debuff, a good slow, bonus damage for a group through Righteousness (even though no one uses it and it's all absolution because of the armor meta), and now a charge, it just needs more numbers.

Additionally, I feel like the armor sets for DPS need a lot more strength on them than they have now. My mid-30s level SW is already at the ballistic skill softcap, without potions, while my 40 WP is nowhere near the strength softcap, and the WP has arguably much better gear.