Recent Topics

Ads

[Bright Wizard] PvE Solo Viability?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
icedrgon

[Bright Wizard] PvE Solo Viability?

Post#1 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi everyone. New and aspiring Bright Wizard here. Looked over the forums and found a lot of great information about PvP for the class. But one of the things I have not seen much of is their viability in PvE. Now granted I understand that this is a 90% PvP game, but I enjoy during my off time (or during NA late night hours when the population is low) the ability to go out and solo kill things just to collect some scavenging loot or to get some vendor trash to build a little gold stockpile.

My question is this: Is BW viable for these sorts of activities? I don't plan on soloing hero mobs or champs that aren't below my level, but I would like to be able do a little solo farming here and there if I can't find a healer buddy to help me grind it out.

Also as far as viability goes...will BWs have issues getting invites to say Beastlord or Gunbad parties? That was one of the biggest things that turned me off about playing WH was a lack of viability in the PvE scene from what everyone said.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Re: [Bright Wizard] PvE Solo Viability?

Post#2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:17 pm

I have scavenging on my bw and its fine. You usually want to scavenge lvl 40+ champs and as there are no spawns with plenty of lvl 40+ spawns I know, so the short downtimes for hp-reg are ok. The champs need time to respawn anyway.

For Gunbad AoE-damage is helpful and BW are good AoE-dds. So it shouldnt be a big problem to get a group (except that often heal and tanks are scarce, while dps are available in abundance).
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

dansari

Post#3 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:24 pm

My BW is cultivating. I think there are better scavengers (engy, WP), but it's certainly not bad, mainly because scavenging is scarce now outside of Gunbad. BW is perfect for Gunbad as it's the premier order aoe dps next to Slayer. You'll be fine.
<Salt Factory>

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:01 pm

Speccing into the selfhealing stuff and redcuing the backlashing helps alot.

Reesh

Post#5 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Solo - no.
Group dungeons(gunbad especially), pqs - definitely. Strong aoe class is always needed for those.

Toldavf

Post#6 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

icedrgon

Post#7 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Thank you all for the replies. :)