Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Hunter] How to AoE Farm Ruin: A Guide

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mystry
Suspended

[Witch Hunter] How to AoE Farm Ruin: A Guide

Post#1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:33 am

Witch Hunter is widely known to be a prominent 1v1 class, but did you know there is a super sekrit build that can AoE farm extremely well? It's very simple and works even if you have atrocious gear or low levels. In particular, this build excels at farming ruin in those PQs that you can never seem to get a group for. You can still solo champions of a similar level too, but don't get your hopes up on killing any hero level mobs.

Be forewarned, this build is (nearly) COMPLETELY useless in RvR or Scenarios, and will require respeccing which incurs a minor gold cost.

Here's the build, note that you must be at least level 32 to do this (which is about the time you start farming Ruin anyway):
WH AoE

Note that the last tactic is a toss-up between Sweeping Razor and Righteous Steel. I prefer Sweeping Razor because it's more reliable, but if you happen to be rank 40 and want to use this for general AoE farm, feel free to slot them both.

For renown points, you want to go balls-to-the-wall into Reflexes for the parry. I mean it, dump every last point you can into Reflexes. If you max it out, you can throw the leftovers into Might.

The build is very simple to use. Here's what you do:
1. Gather up a big group of mobs. Size doesn't matter too much. Make sure you have Purity bullets on or you'll die!
2. Use Repel Blasphemy.
3. Spam Razor Strike until 5 Executions.
4. Continue Razor Striking, hold on the execution.
5. Once you are about 50% life, slap that Dragon Gun.
6. Continue Razor Striking to finish them all off.

This works because Dragon Gun procs bullets on everything it hits; which all subsequently heal you as long as you have the Sanctified Bullets tactic active. By stacking the hell out of parry and slotting riposte, you do respectable AoE damage as long as things are hitting you, and Dragon Gun gives you a reliable and strong heal that scales with group size. The only thing to watch out for is Dragon Gun's 10 second cooldown. If you pull a REALLY big group, you might die in the space between Dragon Gun'ing and the rest of them dying off from Razor Strike and passive AoE.

Don't try using this in any RvR or Scenarios though. It pales in comparison to the BaL / Exit Wound builds.
Last edited by Mystry on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Xergon

Re: [Witch Hunter] How to AoE Farm Ruin: A Guide

Post#2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:12 am

This is actually the only proper build for RvR imo if u want be usefull in WB as WH. All u need is to land proper Dragonguns on healers backline, best option to debuff their healing ability by 50% but also u can debuff their Initiative.
With RB n Shroud u have good survibality and combined with Vindication u even can provide good dmg. I like using Sweaping Razor, it gave me many unexpected killblows and is very usefull in close combat maps or any keep battles.
Not to mention that Dragongun provide range KD w/o restriction to be behind ur target.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

witchdoctor

Post#3 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:37 am

Mystry wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:33 am This works because Dragon Gun procs bullets on everything it hits; which all subsequently heal you. By stacking the hell out of parry and slotting riposte, you do respectable AoE damage as long as things are hitting you, and Dragon Gun gives you a reliable and strong heal that scales with group size.
in that build and in your whole post you miss the "Sanctified Bullets" tactic. with this tactic speced and slotted you will be healed for 150% of the dmg dealt by the Purity Bullets. ;)
Otherwise people could think the heal comes from Dragon Gun when they read your post^^

And there is no selfheal in RvR when hiting the Backline with Dragon Gun and healdebuff bullets 8-)

tionblack

Post#4 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:17 am

Xergon wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:12 am This is actually the only proper build for RvR imo if u want be usefull in WB as WH. All u need is to land proper Dragonguns on healers backline, best option to debuff their healing ability by 50% but also u can debuff their Initiative.
With RB n Shroud u have good survibality and combined with Vindication u even can provide good dmg. I like using Sweaping Razor, it gave me many unexpected killblows and is very usefull in close combat maps or any keep battles.
Not to mention that Dragongun provide range KD w/o restriction to be behind ur target.

WB and WH

:DDD

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Nameless

Post#5 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:42 pm

WH can do decent at wb. Problems are that all wh's defencive and offencive tools are self or singe target. So there is 0 synergy for the group. If devs make all 6th points skills to pop for all group members it will be much better.
The second prob is that the aoe razor strike need target to strike. The damage and the tools for wh alone are ok but the lack of support skills and buffs for the group is too much

And last but not least incognito is worthless for wb scale
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Xergon

Post#6 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Nameless wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:42 pm WH can do decent at wb. Problems are that all wh's defencive and offencive tools are self or singe target. So there is 0 synergy for the group. If devs make all 6th points skills to pop for all group members it will be much better.
The second prob is that the aoe razor strike need target to strike. The damage and the tools for wh alone are ok but the lack of support skills and buffs for the group is too much

And last but not least incognito is worthless for wb scale
Strongest burst AoE m4 on order side ? M3 with 50% group parry for 10s ?

Inco i aggre in WB combat u wont use it much, maybe when assaulting BO, but for scouting purpose is very good or securing oil spots, but ofc to do that u dont have to be in WB.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Mystry
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:40 pm

witchdoctor wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:37 am in that build and in your whole post you miss the "Sanctified Bullets" tactic. with this tactic speced and slotted you will be healed for 150% of the dmg dealt by the Purity Bullets. ;)
Otherwise people could think the heal comes from Dragon Gun when they read your post^^

And there is no selfheal in RvR when hiting the Backline with Dragon Gun and healdebuff bullets 8-)
Fixed. Could have sworn the rorbuilders setup link was correct when I did it, but fixed nonetheless.

radastir

Post#8 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:59 pm

Ty Mystry! Great build suggestion - Inquisition approved ;)
Will definitely try this out...

Ads
Rydiak

Post#9 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:02 am

Mystry wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:40 pm
witchdoctor wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:37 am in that build and in your whole post you miss the "Sanctified Bullets" tactic. with this tactic speced and slotted you will be healed for 150% of the dmg dealt by the Purity Bullets. ;)

Fixed. Could have sworn the rorbuilders setup link was correct when I did it, but fixed nonetheless.
Ror.builders recently had its code updated, and it broke all of my previously saved builds. I am assuming the same happened to you.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!