Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest Build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aldmhac

Warrior Priest Build

Post#1 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:48 am

Hello all!

As a grind through acquiring my conqueror gear I am beginning to wonder what talismans I should put in to my gear. I'll be looking to invest in higher end talismans and want to be sure I am headed on the right path. I am a healing Warrior Priest who's main focus is RvR and Scenarios. I have seen so many different loadouts with people loading all of their equipment with Willpower Talismans, Toughness Talismans, the occasional Armour Talismans. My initial thought is to go all in on Willpower Talismans but am not 100% sure. Any suggestions would be great!
-Andrew

Ads
Shooshpanzerer

Re: Warrior Priest Build

Post#2 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:35 am

For Small Scale - Armor, for Large Scale i would go with Wounds (surviving morale dumps)

RuffRyder

Post#3 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:43 am

Before I use willpower in talismans I would go for either wounds, toughness or armor, too.

More effective healing doesn't compensate less survivability that good, you will spent more time just healing yourself than your groupmates.

You have Exalted Defenses to push your healing and don't need willpower anywhere near softcap as a WP in my experience.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Alsayr

Post#4 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 am

RuffRyder wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:43 am You have Exalted Defenses to push your healing and don't need willpower anywhere near softcap as a WP in my experience.
Exalted Defenses is "must have" tactics it is best proc on WP IMO.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Wosh
Banned

Post#5 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:59 am

Get all armor talismans (124 armor talismans will do) and a pot of 825 and you will be fine - back piece, trinket and ring from beastlord, mercenary helmet, mercenary shoulders and mercenary chest, dominator boots, dominator gloves, dominator belt. Run mass repent, divine fury, divine justice and sigmars what ever its called to upgrade your sigmars radiance. and the 3 rings of the wind something (gives 25 int. 210 armor)

Now goto the frontline and smash!

Alternatively you can pickup a book and 1 handed, full conq set and goto the back of the fight and play the square healers game. No fun at all - btw if you do this you will be targeted by WE's and they dont like armor talismans either, so get those :) In short armor talismans are you friend if you wanna live. The more the better the higher the better, less chance of a double debuff haveing any effect on you.

Xergon

Post#6 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:22 am

Idk, from where all this Armor Talismans hype comes from. Unless you plan to be front line/melee healer (which you should not) Armor Talismans on class like WP/RP is not best option imho. As WP with Medium Robe you already have pretty decent Armor value, and if you want to increase your Survival ability better option are Wounds talismans. Armor will protect you only from Physical Damage which most of the time is provided by all Melee Classes and 1 RDPS as SH. But then again, you should position your self in battle that no melee should reach you. If you do that, then your most likely will get hit by RDPS which on destro both Magus and Sorc deal Magic Damage. So Wounds will actually 'protect' (or better, increase your chance to survive) you from both types of damage.

So as i said, imho much better option are Wounds and Willpower (as this also gives you disrupt) or even as someone said Toughness talismans.
I do similar on my RP as he also reach pretty decent Armor Value, only class that i would use Armor Talismans are 'Cloth' classes like AM, but even there im thinking about some Wounds Talismans as it always gives you more time to react when you getting bursted.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Nidwin

Post#7 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:02 am

toughness vs dots
initiative vs being crit

I had a look at the conq version for WP on the wiki and I was not impressed at all, far from.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Wosh
Banned

Post#8 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:22 am Idk, from where all this Armor Talismans hype comes from. Unless you plan to be front line/melee healer (which you should not) Armor Talismans on class like WP/RP is not best option imho. As WP with Medium Robe you already have pretty decent Armor value, and if you want to increase your Survival ability better option are Wounds talismans. Armor will protect you only from Physical Damage which most of the time is provided by all Melee Classes and 1 RDPS as SH. But then again, you should position your self in battle that no melee should reach you. If you do that, then your most likely will get hit by RDPS which on destro both Magus and Sorc deal Magic Damage. So Wounds will actually 'protect' (or better, increase your chance to survive) you from both types of damage.

So as i said, imho much better option are Wounds and Willpower (as this also gives you disrupt) or even as someone said Toughness talismans.
I do similar on my RP as he also reach pretty decent Armor Value, only class that i would use Armor Talismans are 'Cloth' classes like AM, but even there im thinking about some Wounds Talismans as it always gives you more time to react when you getting bursted.
nonsens! - stop playing into the narrative of a backline healer with a book - you will understand that its boreing as ****. Now also the willpower / wounds that this fella is talking about is rubbish. We have medium armor and should in "endgame" gear have about 50% armor BUT then you get hit by mara/black orc debuffs and voila your medium armor is now useless. I personally have +4500 armor and I go straight to the battle and that is fun. But hey if you wanna heal this fella when he cries out "HEAL ME HEAL ME" then sure go backline healing and play the square game (square addon). I offtanked the right wing of Gunbad yesterday with my melee/healer talisman armor build, not only did i offtank it i also offhealed it. I can solo 2 - 3 mobs in that place and farm talisman s, i love to hear how people farm with more wounds as a backline healer (they dont, cause they cant, cause they arent good for nothing but spamming heals on people who build glass cannons and die anyway)

In short **** all his nonsense and go melee healer you will love it !
Last edited by Wosh on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:35 pm

magic dps in general shouldn't bother you much given that their rotations are easy to anticipate/a lot of their precursor debuffs can be cleansed/you can LoS.

mixture of wounds/armor is the way to go IMO due to reasons explained above.

Shalktonin

Post#10 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Wosh wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:28 pm nonsens! - stop playing into the narrative of a backline healer with a book - you will understand that its boreing as ****. Now also the willpower / wounds that this fella is talking about is rubbish. We have medium armor and should in "endgame" gear have about 50% armor BUT then you get hit by mara/black orc debuffs and voila your medium armor is now useless. I personally have +4500 armor and I go straight to the battle and that is fun. But hey if you wanna heal this fella when he cries out "HEAL ME HEAL ME" then sure go backline healing and play the square game (square addon). I offtanked the right wing of Gunbad yesterday with my melee/healer talisman armor build, not only did i offtank it i also offhealed it. I can solo 2 - 3 mobs in that place and farm talisman s, i love to hear how people farm with more wounds as a backline healer (they dont, cause they cant, cause they arent good for nothing but spamming heals on people who build glass cannons and die anyway)

In short **** all his nonsense and go melee healer you will love it !
Course they could **** your nonsense and play the way they want to...I mean i know it's a radical concept but who knows might start a revolution and encourage people to enjoy the way they play.

Crazy I know.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene