Recent Topics

Ads

WH Help/Discussion

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: WH Help/Discussion

Post#31 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:59 am

Do you call it balance, when you can remove RP/zeal 50% dmg reduction the moment he uses it with FILO?!
You can rebuff long time buffs all the time, urgent emergency buffs have long cooldowns.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Mavella

Post#32 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:30 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:59 am Do you call it balance, when you can remove RP/zeal 50% dmg reduction the moment he uses it with FILO?!
You can rebuff long time buffs all the time, urgent emergency buffs have long cooldowns.
If he does nothing to protect it immediately after then yes. It's not an aoe detaunt it's a self buff that was obviously intended to be severable. Do you think it's going to last any longer if the only thing protecting it is a now useless 60 minute buff while you're being knocked down/piled on? In an "oh ****" situation who is casting a hot before using the 50% dmg deduction? I'd wager no one because every GCD is precious in those situations. You at least have a chance of keeping it up and protected if you could cover it with hots, wounds buff, etc.

I feel the same way about WH and repel blasphemy. It's an extraordinarily powerful defensive tool but it used to be severable(sever was undefendable on live if anyone recalls). If you were quick you could break it off them. If not inq fury would cover it back up and they'd get the full 5 sec benefit. Now brain dead WH use it to have a total of 8 seconds of being unhittbable with little counter play available from most classes. It's stupid.

To me sever/shattee is a tool that should be used for counter play on extremely powerful short duration buffs not the nullifer of 60 minute buffs everywhere. If a caster fails to protect their powerful buff immediately yes it deserves to come right off if the attacker plays well enough. If not and you cover it up immediately you get to enjoy the full duration of the effect.

I'd question why people are so against higher quality of play but just spamming sever whenever it's lit up certainly is easier. I'd guess we'd rather keep this game as brain dead and skill free as possible.

Hastykrasty

Post#33 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:55 pm

Server blessing doesn't build accusations, which are WH mechanic points.
Without acussations you can't fire your executions and play the class major strength (bullets).
Keeping ALWAYS SB on CD is wrong, and so is to never use it.
The use of SB is situational. On certain classes, like healers, is mandatory to keep it "on CD", whereas dispelling the WE 50% AA increase blessing is not worth the effort (IMHO).
Learn your class and your enemy, and you will never lose in 1000 battles (more or less)
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Elmuerto

Post#34 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Maybe its just me but I found riposte simply had diminishing returns against what you might imaging the target to be - melee and tanks. The damage got more ineffective the higher the target level to being pretty pointless v even melee never mind tanks.

I've always had a spot for seekers blade used in every attack. Fervor can be handy ticker on healers. May try Seekers tactic sometime that reduces cd to 5 secs and makes it ignore 50% armour. That's interesting.