Recent Topics

Ads

WH Help/Discussion

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
MedV

WH Help/Discussion

Post#1 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:37 pm

Hello fellow Witch Hunters. Im looking for advice on gameplay and how to improve/adapt. After playing for a while Ive come to find some major flaws that I cant seem to overcome.

1. If i dont kill them while they are KD from Pistol Whip it becomes hard to finish them off. Usually players can just use their stun, knock down, snare etc and run away. Other than PW do we have another form of cc? Ive tried to use snap shot but most of the time it doesnt help me catch up. SH, Shamans and tanks are just too hard to kill if i dont finish them off from PW. So I only go for Sorcs, zealots, DOKS and Magi.
2. Incognito takes me off my mount, and i try to angle my movement so I reach the mounted enemy, but even sometimes my opener doesnt land or dismount them which makes me have to scurry off.
3. I have heard that destro stacks init bec of the init debuffs some of the order classes have? And this makes it easier to see us when ingonito? Can anyone elaborate on the mechanics of that? If their INIT is higher than mine then they can see me? or is it RNG based on INIT levels.
4. If I get a kill I just /laugh and the enemy while they kill me as there is nothing left to do. Other than "Declare anathema" is there anything you guys do that lets you get away after either getting a kill or being foiled?
5. Alot of useless abilities, and only a couple are ever used. Sever blessing, Trial by pain, seekers blade, razor strike, fervor, burn heretic all of those seems to have no use? Is there any time I shld use them. I seem to be just using PW BAL and Torment 95% of the time. With some silence the heretic or confess mixed in.
6. Most WH I see are Judgment Specced but the Blessed bullets for that tree which steal 20 AP seem to not be worth ever using.Is it a good tactic to maybe build 1 accusation and then spam Blessed bullets after every torment to drain all their ap? ?

Ive seem to come to the conclusion that we are excellent at 1v1 but only if we can come out of incognito and no one happens to be standing around the enemy. 1 KD or snare and I am just a sitting duck. I know any little tweak could make the WH OP so when I give my comments they are just for thought.

1. Give us a tactic that makes one of our abilities a small snare on CD. (Maybe our openers can be snares, but i could see this being way to OP)
2. Give us a small movement speed bonus when in incognito. This, I think would be the most fair. Countless times ive went
incognito and the enemy whos 10 feet in front of me just walks away because we go at the same pace. I would be fine with having to chase them for 10 seconds to catch up but at least I could attack them.
3. Give us an ability like Charge! but way less MS than the WL.
4. Make blessed bullets of cleansing a snare instead of Stealing 20 AP.

This whole post is in no way saying I think the class is Under Powered or even deserves a small buff. I just would like to know how people get around these problems or if they think the class is fine as is. I have heard that lvl 32 (when you dont get buffed to 48) all the way till rr60+ is a rough place for WH's so I am assuming I just have to wait it out. Thanks for the Help.
The King.

Ads
Mavella

Re: WH Help/Discussion

Post#2 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:37 am

Well if you want to have the best chance against other mdps/tanks etc you'll probably want to go confession sub spec for repel blasphemy and shroud. You can increase the cheese by slotting riposte and stacking the crap out of parry. You'll likely never kill any healers in this spec though.

Inq subspec for heal debuff and sigil of destruction will give you a LOT of burst coming out of stealth. Sigil is going to increase your AAs and BAL significantly against essentially anything which will help you get kills before stuff can get away or recover from a KD with pots. You will be able to kill healers with double heal debuff but good/geared ones likely wont die.

If you want to catch up/keep up with kiters you need to pop your rootbreak + flee and double AP pot. You can preemptively do it to keep up with people you suspect will knock you back or try and root you etc.

The issues you speak of regarding icognito is honestly just server lag. If you're in NA you need to compensate for it. Really lead your target, spam your opener. If it is something you absolutely need to KD i'd blow FP and try your damndest to make sure it goes off from the back despite FP being on. Even if stuff gets away/kills you BAL is so strong right now you can still get tons of kills just from that ticking so damn hard.

Sever blessing is worth using depending on the target it can get rid of some very important self buffs. I'm not going to list them all but the zealot 50% dmg reduction self buff is a big one that can be severed, BG self/DP bubble, mara dmg buff/+str/tough buff come to mind off the top of my head.

This class is as strong as ever right now with BAL and the removal of CW, especially in solo/small man situations. I doubt you'll find most players clamoring to give it any buffs. Spec for what you want to fight against primarily and take your licks when you get outplayed.

MedV

Post#3 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:58 am

Thanks for the help Mavella, Ive assumed my worthlessness is a mixture of lack of skill and being underleveled. In regards to your sever blessing, does that remove the best buff or is it RNG which is removes. I always assumed a blessing could be anything they have on them at the moment.

I never knew about the Flee/Ap pot thing I could give that a shot. Hopefully they arent too expensive. Either way thanks for the help youre right I am in NA never thought it could just be lag.
The King.

Mavella

Post#4 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:05 am

It should remove the last applied blessing. So if you attack a zealot and he just stands there it'll strip his 60min buff. If he casts a HoT it'll strip that. It they cast the 50% dmg reduction buff and then a HoT it'll still remove the HoT etc.

You can get 110AP pots for soldier medals and green AP pots are dirt cheap.

ragafury

Post#5 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:12 am

if you want a snare:

feinted positioning + snap shot

if you want to get out of sticky situations but can't stealth:

anti root -> flee -> AP pots -> stealth; if you can't stealth maybe you have bought time for DA!.
use DA! in creative ways, never use it uphill or you will selfpunt for 2ft.

as said, you should use SB if it lights up.
even without checking buffs it's usually worth it; buffs are a big deal, and you do physical and magical dmg via bullets, even a minor resist buff can matter between dead target or dead WH.

You trade charge for stealth, I think it's a fine deal personally.
I had my easiest time solo roaming on WH personally, and I would say I'm pretty damn average or below average on that class.

this may be of help to you:

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=19492
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Dabbart

Post#6 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:04 am

Mavella wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:05 am It should remove the last applied blessing. So if you attack a zealot and he just stands there it'll strip his 60min buff. If he casts a HoT it'll strip that. It they cast the 50% dmg reduction buff and then a HoT it'll still remove the HoT etc.

You can get 110AP pots for soldier medals and green AP pots are dirt cheap.
This is incorrect. All Buff removals are done on a First in First off basis. Duration is irrelevant, if someone has a 60min buff on them, that will be the first thing you Sever. The same thing applies to Cleanses. First in, First off.

Or, to quote Aza saying the same thing I am:
Azarael wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:39 pm The above is wrong. Cleanse, shatter and sever are FIFO.
From thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=19442&p=213379&hil ... on#p213379

Note: great advice on the Pots though. Everyone should carry 2 AP pots and 2 Health pots. Simply cause they are so damned cheap. Save 1 AP pot to use if you need to use Flee to escape or chase someone down, and use the other as needed during combat. Also, if have a farmer, go farm up some Absorp pots. For some reason absorp is on the same CD as Armor pots, but they're still great.

@OP: get your WH to r40. It's a different ball game then. If you are running solo, then pick your targets/fights carefully. And yes, if you get a kill then /dance before you die, you're solo. As long as you maintain a 1-1 ratio, you're doing Great! Even less than that is fine. In a group, you do what all DPS do. Assist, debuff, stay next to guard and in LoS of your healers and kill things...

Most classes have a ton of abilities that rarely get used, and every class has abilities/tactics that are garbage tier for any form of PvP.

WHs have a Snare on their pistol shot, and access to Proc snares from epic weapons. Make friends with a tank, you'll get as much snare as you need.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Arteker616

Post#7 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:18 am

1:Due to ini double debuff or order becoming more and more used, alot of people on destru has stacked ini, this has lead to yes , incognito whs being less a trouble.

2: if you dont use sever blessing its your own fault, plenty of times u can use it for greater effect specialy agaisnt shamans .

3: speed buff while on hide? when incognito has been allready buffed so it dont break as it used?. have you considered how abusive is it for others mdps wich dont have that kind of tool?.

4: if a wh we got charge then it should come at the cost of no having stealth.

5: there is quite alot of builds for whs wich works , from the classic riposte build , to the exit wound build . its a matter to find wich one u like more or you find more efective.

6: declare anathema isnt just a scape ability now. since it was buffed it does indeed can be used for good whs or wes, to actualy aply a very efective CC on enemy targets.

The problem i see at all, is the fact average whs wanna play like Wes wich lack options to make diverse builds , while Wes wanna play like whs and have acces to diverse builds and extra tools.

Gmaw

Post#8 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:58 am

If you are a BaL + healing debuff build go with tactics flowing accusayions, fanatical cleansing ,atonement and the one with chance of extra accustion for great Burst.@rr70 get SoD.Atonement makes your absolution sting alot harder and more often .Fliwing accusations can result in some long chains of abso spam ,good for shooting down runners/kiters .

Ads
Mavella

Post#9 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:18 am

Dabbart wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:04 am

This is incorrect. All Buff removals are done on a First in First off basis. Duration is irrelevant, if someone has a 60min buff on them, that will be the first thing you Sever. The same thing applies to Cleanses. First in, First off.

Well this system effectively makes the 60 minute buffs useless but it doesn't surprise me that's how they chose to make it work on this server. As a MDPS/Tank this sever/shatter its obviously in my best interest to shatter shorter in combat buffs that are likely much more potent than those 60 minute buffs.

It's also why on live you had to cover punish the false with seeker's blade or a fever or something so it wasn't immediately cleansed. Obviously a very potent ability you'd want to react to cleanse quickly but I guess its more important that some worthless fluff ability gets cleanse first and allows no counter play on the heal debuff.

No wonder when I played WP the wounds buff was constantly stripped despite constant hots. So dumb.

Miszczu5647

Post#10 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:11 am

Arteker616 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:18 am
2: if you dont use sever blessing its your own fault, plenty of times u can use it for greater effect specialy agaisnt shamans .
Shamans use enchantments, not blessings. You need skill Shatter Enchantment (SM) or Shatter Confidence (KotBS) to strip shaman from his buffs.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen