Recent Topics

Ads

WH Help/Discussion

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: WH Help/Discussion

Post#11 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:49 am

Mavella wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:18 am

No wonder when I played WP the wounds buff was constantly stripped despite constant hots. So dumb.
Well, those buffs are no fire and forget tools you use once and after 60min you reapply them.
You have to recast them during combat, pretty much like all long time buffs in the case they are removed.
Dying is no option.

Ads
MedV

Post#12 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:58 am

Arteker616 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:18 am
3: speed buff while on hide? when incognito has been allready buffed so it dont break as it used?. have you considered how abusive is it for others mdps wich dont have that kind of tool?.

I am assuming you meant to say "break as it used to" not " break as its used" ... Is it really defined as a buff, if the skill is now working as intended. Let me again say I wasnt looking to get the class buffed or changed if it doesnt need to be. I was bringing up points... asking how I can work on my gameplay, and add some changes I thought could be useful to start a conversation.

When I said a speed buff while incognito, I was talking about 5-7% move speed, just enough so when we are chasing someone down 10 feet from us running in the same direction we could catch up.

Also you say how abusive it would be because other MDPS do not have that kind of tool, but they dont need it the WL alone has a pull, pounce, charge and KD.
The King.

MedV

Post#13 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:02 am

Dabbart wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:04 am

WHs have a Snare on their pistol shot, and access to Proc snares from epic weapons. Make friends with a tank, you'll get as much snare as you need.
What weapons shld I be looking to aim for aside from Subjugator. Is one of the T4 epic quest items the best until then? Ive been trying to find what Pistol/Sword I should be working on. I have all of BL and working on Conq now. Just have no idea what Wep to use until Sub.
The King.

Spierron

Post#14 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:12 am

MedV wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:02 am
Dabbart wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:04 am

WHs have a Snare on their pistol shot, and access to Proc snares from epic weapons. Make friends with a tank, you'll get as much snare as you need.
What weapons shld I be looking to aim for aside from Subjugator. Is one of the T4 epic quest items the best until then? Ive been trying to find what Pistol/Sword I should be working on. I have all of BL and working on Conq now. Just have no idea what Wep to use until Sub.
Dwarfs T4 Epic Quest Battle for Remembrance
Spoiler:
High Elves T4 Epic Quest Unmasking the Enemy
Spoiler:
These are the best Pistol and Sword :)

sinadin

Post#15 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:21 am

the biggest problem in ORVR nowadays, is the omnipresent zerg - especially in the smaller tier 2 / 3 zones. it's simply not or possible to kill someone, before the big blob annihilates you in no time. ranged classes can compensate it somehow, if they run with the zerg but for solo mdps classes...it's almost impossible to not get discouraged by the current system and the human nature to zerg.
so basically it's not only the class but the entire rvr system

Mavella

Post#16 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:04 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:49 am
Mavella wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:18 am

No wonder when I played WP the wounds buff was constantly stripped despite constant hots. So dumb.
Well, those buffs are no fire and forget tools you use once and after 60min you reapply them.
You have to recast them during combat, pretty much like all long time buffs in the case they are removed.
Yes but does it make any more sense to be literally the first thing stripped in any fight? Good play is keeping them covered with hots and other buffs so they are hopefully as effective for as long as possible. Most of these buffs already pale in comparison to auras with the exception of the ini buff and wounds buff. This FIFO system makes them effectively useless against anyone that actually uses shatter when it lights up in pvp.

anarchypark

Post#17 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:27 pm

sever blessing is a must use skill. everytime on CD.
buffs and cleans are simple concept of attack/defense. CD, timing and little(?) random covering strategy adds complexity.

you wanna change this system for your convenient?
I recommend adapting to system first, then find what's wrong with your play. error is in you, most times.
fix it and you become medium skilled player.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

MedV

Post#18 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:09 am

anarchypark wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:27 pm sever blessing is a must use skill. everytime on CD.
buffs and cleans are simple concept of attack/defense. CD, timing and little(?) random covering strategy adds complexity.

I recommend adapting to system first, then find what's wrong with your play. error is in you, most times.
People like you make no sense to me. Im not sure if you read the post or you just are trying to troll. I dont know how many times I have written that I dont expect any changes to happen, this post was to start a conversation on the things that plague the WH as a class and what im missing to improve my game play. Many incredibly nice players pointed out things I have never thought about (FP with Snap shot, Flee with AP pots). If you have ever been to a class in college or HS you realize that you dont know everything and asking more experienced people often comes up with solutions that help you develop as a person/player in the future. DId I add some ways I thought the WH could be better? Yes. But as you see it was to develop what my fundmanetal issues were with the class and find out that there are alternatives to play. If i didnt write this post I could have potentially played for years without knowing these incredible important but rare points that would of never occured to me without others input. Instead of shaming people either add to the convo or dont post at all. Thanks.
The King.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#19 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:31 am

MedV wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:09 am
Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:27 pm sever blessing is a must use skill. everytime on CD.

People like you make no sense to me. Im not sure if you read the post or you just are trying to troll. I dont know how many times I have written that I dont expect any changes to happen, this post was to start a conversation on the things that plague the WH as a class and what im missing to improve my game play. Many incredibly nice players pointed out things I have never thought about (FP with Snap shot, Flee with AP pots). If you have ever been to a class in college or HS you realize that you dont know everything and asking more experienced people often comes up with solutions that help you develop as a person/player in the future. DId I add some ways I thought the WH could be better? Yes. But as you see it was to develop what my fundmanetal issues were with the class and find out that there are alternatives to play. If i didnt write this post I could have potentially played for years without knowing these incredible important but rare points that would of never occured to me without others input. Instead of shaming people either add to the convo or dont post at all. Thanks.
my bad,
I was triggered by blaming FIFO.
not sure who was it.
I wasn't pointing anyone particularly.
It seems I was whining about whiners.
no offense if you wasn't.
you know, whiners are my archenemy.

getting better is always good, keep going.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Mavella

Post#20 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:44 pm

There's no whining behind calling a dumb system dumb. It makes those buffs 100% useless when they are already barely useful as it is.

If I'm doing the severing I want to be able to react to strong low duration buffs like zealot/rp 50% dmg mitigation or marauder 25% damage boost and break them asap. If they want to keep those buffs they need to be proactive and cover them with other abilities asap or risk getting them stripped.

Using sever "on CD" also horribly over simiplfies its usage. As a WH why would I waste a GCD on sever when I could be stringing together 1300 torment crits when using sever to break a relative low priority buff dealing only 700-1000 gives the target more time to react and take action and possibly live.

These concepts are what we call "counter play" hopefully Google translate makes that understandable for you.