Recent Topics

Ads

WH Help/Discussion

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dabbart

Re: WH Help/Discussion

Post#21 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:51 pm

Who cares what you want? That’s not how the game mechanics work. Use it on Cd, so you strip as many blessings as possible, so that when they try to use a situational blessing? It is severable and not covered by 4 other blessings. Reread anarchy’s post and try not to react like a child to it. It is good advice.
Spoiler:
Considering you didn’t even know about glee+AP pot or using Fp with SS, maybe you shouldn’t try to tell us how counter play works... go learn the game, and actually test stuff Edit: my bad, this was the other guy.
Or go back to Torment Spam and wonder why you can’t get any kills.

My OP still stands though. Get your WH to 40 first. Then comment on their power.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Mavella

Post#22 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm defending myself because I have some ass clown that barely speaks English attempting to insult me. Fortunately I'm free to discuss my pleasure or displeasure on a discussion forum as I see fit. I'm saying why the FIFO system dumbs down the play compared to live and overly benefits the attacker if I'm quite honest. I'm well aware nothing is going to be changed as a result of this thread but I'm still doing it anyway. Thanks for your concern.

I already provided input to the OP and gave him more information in game I think I've provided plenty to the thread.

Considering I routinely top kills in zones(when propped up by excellent tanks and healers!) when I bother to play my WH my torment spam must be quite effective. Thanks for **** talking. Who are you again?

Dabbart

Post#23 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:52 pm

I’m Dabbart. The one pointing out of the mechanics of how Sever actually works. The one you apparently have to respond too. But not the “asshat that can barely speak English”. Lol.

Again with the childish response... wow, you mean on an international server, that’s based in France, there are ESL players?! Say it ain’t so!

I call Shenanigans on any WH “routinely” topping DBs in an ORvR zone.

Whine less, you’ll get your point across far better.
Last edited by Dabbart on Thu May 31, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Darosh
Banned

Post#24 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:56 pm

Not a hatninja, barely interested in the topic... but fml:
Spoiler:
Mavella wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:40 pm I'm defending myself because I have some ass clown that barely speaks English attempting to insult me.
Your character in a nutshell, isn't it? Go ahead and point out the insult in Anarchy's posts.

Mavella

Post#25 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:27 pm

Well when i started playing this server 3 years ago the initial goal was to get to a live like state. Who can honestly keep track of all the undocumented changes since the train crashed off those tracks.

I was mistaken on severs functionality I'm not saying I wasn't but am I not free to discuss why the change is bad? Are you the forum police? Making discussion is how things get changed. Remember when snapshot used to have a 5 second cooldown for no reason? Remember when FP didn't allow for the snare to apply at any angle? I do and when most "proof" of live functionality is grainy 480p videos on YouTube discussions like these are how changes get made. Do I expect this particular discussion to be the impetus for change right now? No. Might it get people thinking about it? Maybe. Fortunately I'm free to type what I want within reason and I'm going to. It's not whining it's called making discussion.

And yes any mdps can top dbs when propped up by excellent support it even happens to me every once in a while when I get a group. Sometime solo during off hours and it's not comically zergy.

Maybe if you spent less time getting one of the worst healers in the game nerfed and focusing on your play you could top those charts too!

anarchypark

Post#26 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:10 am

Mavella wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:27 pm
Spoiler:
Well when i started playing this server 3 years ago the initial goal was to get to a live like state. Who can honestly keep track of all the undocumented changes since the train crashed off those tracks.

I was mistaken on severs functionality I'm not saying I wasn't but am I not free to discuss why the change is bad? Are you the forum police? Making discussion is how things get changed. Remember when snapshot used to have a 5 second cooldown for no reason? Remember when FP didn't allow for the snare to apply at any angle? I do and when most "proof" of live functionality is grainy 480p videos on YouTube discussions like these are how changes get made. Do I expect this particular discussion to be the impetus for change right now? No. Might it get people thinking about it? Maybe. Fortunately I'm free to type what I want within reason and I'm going to. It's not whining it's called making discussion.

And yes any mdps can top dbs when propped up by excellent support it even happens to me every once in a while when I get a group. Sometime solo during off hours and it's not comically zergy.

Maybe if you spent less time getting one of the worst healers in the game nerfed and focusing on your play you could top those charts too!
so you were actually blaming system while you don't understand how it works.
you don't see the whole picture.
dispell skills have synergy in grp play.
that's why using it on every CD. for synergy with others.
you're right it's hard to benefit in 1on1.

your posts are showing that you're not experienced enough to discuss game mechanic.
yet you're throwing your opinion.
it's free but baseless opinion is not a discussion.
It's noise.

I would rate your discussion level for 2/10. oh you did top DB in orvr as stealther?
ok +0.5

every changes have reasons.
you lack ability to see it.
I'm sure you'll get there someday.
after that, maybe ppl will discuss with you.
but not before.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

MedV

Post#27 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:53 am

Love that everyone is adding to my post.... but can we stop attacking each other and go back to a general WH discussion. People can bring up what they think is fair or not.... if you disagree say it politely, this is a forum to discuss our thoughts and ideas on the class as a whole. Not every idea someone has is gonna be amazing.. but maybe it will lead into a deeper discussion on why the class needs it and then a potentially beneficial improvement.
The King.

Arteker616

Post#28 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:26 am

Mavella wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:40 pm I'm defending myself because I have some ass clown that barely speaks English attempting to insult me. Fortunately I'm free to discuss my pleasure or displeasure on a discussion forum as I see fit. I'm saying why the FIFO system dumbs down the play compared to live and overly benefits the attacker if I'm quite honest. I'm well aware nothing is going to be changed as a result of this thread but I'm still doing it anyway. Thanks for your concern.

I already provided input to the OP and gave him more information in game I think I've provided plenty to the thread.

Considering I routinely top kills in zones(when propped up by excellent tanks and healers!) when I bother to play my WH my torment spam must be quite effective. Thanks for **** talking. Who are you again?
Be gratefull people is nice enough to try to speak to you on english at all. English speaking players are a small minority here, a server filled with italians, russians,spanish,frenchs , polish, czechs, danes, germans.....

u top kills a zone? so weird and means not much, anyone can score 700 kills on a zone wich mean u just needed to do 700 points of the dmg to be the top player.Great effort and such.

Ads
Mavella

Post#29 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:31 am

anarchypark wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:10 am
Mavella wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:27 pm
Spoiler:

so you were actually blaming system while you don't understand how it works.
you don't see the whole picture.
dispell skills have synergy in grp play.
that's why using it on every CD. for synergy with others.
you're right it's hard to benefit in 1on1.

your posts are showing that you're not experienced enough to discuss game mechanic.
yet you're throwing your opinion.
it's free but baseless opinion is not a discussion.
It's noise.

I would rate your discussion level for 2/10. oh you did top DB in orvr as stealther?
ok +0.5

every changes have reasons.
you lack ability to see it.
I'm sure you'll get there someday.
after that, maybe ppl will discuss with you.
but not before.
Yes I'm guilty for not knowing some random change on a server that is full of poorly documented or undocumented changes. I played live for years I am truly guilty of expecting core mechanics to work the same on this server. No wonder I couldn't sever buffs when I wanted. I wasn't being outplayed like I thought I was I being trolled by the server.

I've also taken time to explain why the change is overly punishing on a class mechanic for RP/zeal and a buff WP has to significantly invest in a crappy line to obtain. It makes those abilities totally useless in any given engagement. It boosts mindless spamming of the ability which you seem to be in favor of rather than being able to react to buffs and sever them immediately. All I see you do is spout this is the way it is so it must be right without providing any argument as to WHY.

And considering your entire contribution to the thread is "spam sever on CD" which isn't remotely true for WH in a variety of situations and take pot shots at me ill rate you a 1/10.

I eagerly await your Google translate response.

I also apologize to the OP for derailing the thread but I'm going to defend myself from these clowns.

anarchypark

Post#30 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:23 am

This is RoR.
<insert Sparta meme>

you're following dead rule of AoR.
maybe it was too easy to cover critical buffs.
or too easy for dps to react.

FIFO or FILO either way you can't pick specific buff to dispell.
it seems FILO was more friendly for attackers to "react".

some buffs get advantage from current system, other buffs not.

if you wanna list and sort them to discuss more, go for it. balance forum is there.

weren't you the one who said 'why use dispell? I rather dps'
now suddenly dispell mechanic is big concern to you?
maybe my 'spam' word worked.
consider it as yelling to those who don't use it.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)