Recent Topics

Ads

Witch Hunter vs Slayer

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kcfalcon

Witch Hunter vs Slayer

Post#1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:38 am

I'm kinda new to the game, and I was hoping for some advice, especially from those who know these two classes well. I'm trying to choose my main toon, and I think I've narrowed it down to these two. I've played each to level 10, and really enjoy both. So, here are some things I'm wondering...

Would serious groups generally prefer to have one over the other?
Is the WH really considered more of a solo toon?
Is there anything about these toons in the endgame picture that I should consider?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Ads
Wiede

Re: Witch Hunter vs Slayer

Post#2 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:38 am

'Serious' groups prefer good players, not classes, and build around them. Play both so that your group has more options!

Both are perfectly viable in a 6man. It's you, your skill and your gameplay decision making that determinies your success.

Non pedagocical answer: WH cause hats. And they are more indipendent of your group setup: Slayer always needs guard and debuffs to shine while WH can bring some of that to the table (e.g. armor ignore) by their mechanics.

soliticks

Post#3 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:44 am

Both are perfectly viable classes. If you strictly play in groups that support you, I'd probably tip the scale in the Slayer's favor. But as mentioned above, Witch Hunters have much more independence. You might get a little WE envy at times though. In this case, I'd say play what you enjoy. We could definitely use more melees order side.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

Mystry
Suspended

Post#4 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:55 am

Yes, WH is more of a solo character. They only truly excel in 1 v 1 situations, which doesn't happen in groups. Plus, given they would rather attack light armor classes, they tend to stealth way out of guard range to open on a zealot or dok healer or something like that.

Slayer is more of a 'wade into the pile' deal.

In my honest opinion, slayers are better than WH given the 'meta' at this time. Plus, they have broken bones, which is an extremely strong debuff.

tazdingo

Post#5 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:14 am

i hear tell that good slayers are in very high demand right now

Wiede

Post#6 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:44 am

tazdingo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:14 am i hear tell that good slayers are in very high demand right now
That's correct. But what about the 60% of the game you dont have your optimal group?

Toshutkidup

Post#7 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:53 am

From my perspective both as stated can be viable in group play. However I would lean towards slayer v WH. With AoE, debuffs I believe they can be more beneficial. However you need to manage your rage and most say they need constant guard. I would play what you prefer the mechanic of most.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Einherja

Post#8 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 am

I played both classes on live and play them as 2nd and 3rd char here. Both of them makes real fun to Play, but noone kills faster then a WH when he has the Chance to attack from Stealth. Incredible Burst,debuff und pos styles makes him to a real "Kill0r" ;)

Greetz

Ads
kcfalcon

Post#9 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:14 pm

I really appreciate all the input here!! Although I thoroughly enjoy playing both toons, I'm feeling pulled a little more toward the slayer.

Thanks very much!

Xergon

Post#10 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Both classes has quite different play style so its very hard to compare them, but if u ask about group, then i would pick Slayer. Although WH got some love latly from devs it's still a bit behind in what Slayer toolkit can provide.

Nevertheless i still love my WH and even tho im rolling Slayer too and i can enjoy playing it, i would never exchange for WH.

Regardless what u pick, you need to be patience because both classes are one of the hardest to execute and enjoy in open field.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube