Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] I've just graduated from T1. How can I be most useful to a warband?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
cheezeman992

[BW] I've just graduated from T1. How can I be most useful to a warband?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:37 pm

I've played several classes in my first couple of weeks and have determined what I find to be the most fun to play. Bright Wizard is winner by a touch over the second place Engi. Now that I know I'm going to have fun no matter what I do with my BW what role is the most useful for a RVR warband? Melting healers with Dot's or AOE Bombs to overtax the healers or what have you. I don't know enough about the builds yet to even know what roles are possible. I'm looking for a consensus of what they excel at. I want every WB i join to go "Thank god, we have a BW that can xxxxx." I want to know what xxxxx is. Then I'm going to become very good at xxxxx, and then I'm going to set fire to Destruction and roast marshmallows over their bodies, perhaps even do some s'mores.

Ads
wonshot

Re: [BW] I've just graduated from T1. How can I be most useful to a warband?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:58 pm

Hello there, if it is any help I can chip in with my prefered playstyle and standard builds and from there on you can change it up depending on how you like it and figure out your own playstyle

Singletarget based:
Starter build
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bw; ... :3549:3550:
You could get the healdebuff from "Playing with Fire" spec all the way up to get "Withering Heat" and/or "Stop, Drop, And roll" all depending on what you want to do.

I only linked to this build because it is the very core of the brightwizard routation:Ignite, Boiling Blood, Fireball, Sear, Nova. That is the core if your routation. Now depending on spec, situation, group, and target things will change. But with this standard combo you can build and learn from here on.

(if you want to further more understand the reasoning behind this build, your Boiling blood gets reduced from 10sec to 5sec with the speced tactic. Debuffing ignite first will cover your Boiling blood debuff/dot on a target if they should attempt to clense it away. Further more does the ignite debuff aswel and some people like to hide both of the dots in a 3 dot routation. When you are doing the mentioned routation from above, by the time your BB is dealing damage so will your fireball be finished casting and the two instant casts afterwards will hit the target in a rapid session making it feel like 5 spells hitting at once for a good chunck of damage)

Aoe "bomb" based:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bw; ... :3549:3550:
This is a build that requires alot more in terms of coordination and group setup. You want to have a Tank Gaurd you to lower your damage take since this playstyle is more upfront at times and depening on alot of situations you will be in melee range. The routation is really based around how the fight is evolving, but you want to take full use of all of your "Conflagration" matery abilities.

As for stat priority I would advice a class canon spec focusing on INT-> Magic crit -> Wounds ->Strike Through

These are just some very basic guidelines, everything can be changed depending on playstyle.

Have fun on your BW
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

ragafury

Post#3 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:38 am

cheezeman992 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:37 pm I've played several classes in my first couple of weeks and have determined what I find to be the most fun to play. Bright Wizard is winner by a touch over the second place Engi. Now that I know I'm going to have fun no matter what I do with my BW what role is the most useful for a RVR warband? Melting healers with Dot's or AOE Bombs to overtax the healers or what have you. I don't know enough about the builds yet to even know what roles are possible. I'm looking for a consensus of what they excel at. I want every WB i join to go "Thank god, we have a BW that can xxxxx." I want to know what xxxxx is. Then I'm going to become very good at xxxxx, and then I'm going to set fire to Destruction and roast marshmallows over their bodies, perhaps even do some s'mores.

hey!

without going too much into specs or rotations or anything in deepth and to awnser your core question:

you need to deal dmg. you are the strongest AoE damage dealer of Order.

Means, crisp rotations, good target picking, precise movement and good positioning.

otherwise you get steamrolled, cause you are made of paper and have a "punishing" mechanic.

What I want to add is the FBB spec, adds a good range tool and a quick mechanic builder, which makes the class a bit easier to play in certain situations; but that's something once you are done leveling and a bit deeper into the game to look out for.

have a good one!
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

cheezeman992

Post#4 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Thank you both, this information is very helpful. I now have a nice jumping off point.