Recent Topics

Ads

wp - the boss tank/healer of gunbad!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wosh
Banned

wp - the boss tank/healer of gunbad!

Post#1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:35 am

Hi guys,

So tanking in gunbad with a WP is totally possible! You might not believe so, but I have completed the left wing as a tank and done a good part of right wing as a tank. I have found that a WP tank is just superior, not at holding aggro but atleast as an offtank he shines. Does good damage, get above 103% armor with an 825 armor pot and some average armor talismans and heals like a boss.

I'm rank 70+ in Renown and I have all the gear I could wish for, I normally go into the dungeon and farm the mobs on the middle wing soloing, yes I solo in Gunbad and x3 42 champ mobs are not a problem. I have build my setup around armor talismans with a strong focus on beeing uncritable and useing scenario gear + the 3 pieces ring set that provides armor and resists.

Should state im some -10% + atleast in getting critted these days, so RR 70 is certainly not required as negative 10+ on getting critted is above requirement for not getting critted in gunbad.

Now im writeing this because everytime i've asked to be invited to a group. I always get the WP with BOOK question and the WP can't tank (U Noob) or healing with melee is a setup for failure.

I can easily see how a full group of WP's would turn into complete god mode in that instance, so If you play a WP with some 50+ renown rank, please contact me in game as il try to setup such a group.

/wosh

Ads
Panodil

Re: wp - the boss tank/healer of gunbad!

Post#2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:58 am

Hmm, sounds fun.
I found that doing gunbad as melee dok works very well, if you have groupcleanse and bring healgear for some bosses. Melee wp/dok is the way to go in pve, better heals overall when you can be melee range.

So are you taking the offtank spot then? Or the healing spot? Or both so you can have third dps?
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Onemantankwall

Post#3 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:30 am

Must of never played live back when gear stats was outta this world, geared up wp/dok could easily solo mdps heal heroes/lowby dungs isnt hard for a heal to out tank a tank heals have always been op use to solo HV with one before u even got out of t1
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Wosh
Banned

Post#4 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:54 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:30 am Must of never played live back when gear stats was outta this world, geared up wp/dok could easily solo mdps heal heroes/lowby dungs isnt hard for a heal to out tank a tank heals have always been op use to solo HV with one before u even got out of t1
Hehe... had highest renown rank on my server when i played and a statue of my WP in town for months. cleared out warband with my trusty IB and Slayer friend. Took keeps just the 3 of us kicked warbands, name was Wosh Ehrenreich if anyone remembers.

So yep, i know about how powerfull the WP was and I when played right.

Wosh
Banned

Post#5 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:58 am

Panodil wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:58 am Hmm, sounds fun.
I found that doing gunbad as melee dok works very well, if you have groupcleanse and bring healgear for some bosses. Melee wp/dok is the way to go in pve, better heals overall when you can be melee range.

So are you taking the offtank spot then? Or the healing spot? Or both so you can have third dps?
I take up tank and healer spot at the same time, we get 3 dps - WP have 103% armor with some effort and around 40% parry unbuffed. More than enough to tank bosses as we also run with 7k health on such setup, heck all resists are close to 45% when you get a buff on all resists.

I've done this with grace all the way to the health buff and wrath to the healing debuff and i have done it with the same grace and salvation into the group HOT. Both works without problems and id have to say that grace/salvation is better, it just sucks for PvP cause we need the heal debuff to **** with destro healers, heck all destro tanks that 50% heal debuff is sick you apply it and even tanks will go down some some pressure even if they do have a pocket healer.

/Wosh

Panodil

Post#6 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:59 am

On live we ran melee dok in ToVL and LV.
Heroes have more mitigation here compared to live so it makes it a bit harder.
Talking about pre rr100, never played it after that dlc thing.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Wosh
Banned

Post#7 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:27 am

yep, cleared ToVL and LV as melee - first on server to clear LV. But that is due to time played, most people who clears first dont have a job etc. Playing MMO's at the "top" requires you to be at the bottom of the real world.

:)

anarchypark

Post#8 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:23 pm

cleared instance boss too?
aggro control could be a problem.
all members done good teamwork i guess.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Jedii

Post#9 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:40 pm

He tanked to full clear of left wing.and yes was a very good group of regulars.but he did it with ease.would recommend wp as OT left side anyday of the week.its all about the strats..

Wosh
Banned

Post#10 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Jedii wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:40 pm He tanked to full clear of left wing.and yes was a very good group of regulars.but he did it with ease.would recommend wp as OT left side anyday of the week.its all about the strats..
With this jedi the force is strong yet, and yea jedi should get a title "Wayfinder of Gunbad" :)