Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest - Scenario advice requested

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fallenkezef

Re: Warrior Priest - Scenario advice requested

Post#11 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:53 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:38 pm Appreciate all of the responses thus far. Each one very helpful and will give me something to think about and potentially tweak.

I am not worried about the heal totals as much as I don't want do be a weak link. We have been winning most of the scenarios so that is positive. I have mostly BIS gear but at rr50 I probably shouldn't be expecting to lead stats when I am with rr80s.
Could be just your team steamrolling the enemy and just not needing the heals.

Had that on my IB a few times, one sided match that I coukdnt get much grudges up because the team fell apart too quickly to hit me or my guardee
Alea iacta est

Ads
kauyon1

Post#12 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:32 pm

Tolfhic wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:25 pm
kauyon1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:24 pm If you ever seen a DOK or WP actually purposely move into a Engi/Magus AOE cloud, that is why.
DoK actually does not have this tactic, it's one of the few differences between otherwise mirrored specs (for healing, dps is a different story).
You had me worried. My memory was bad, because I specifically remember standing in pools of bad AOE. And I felt like I had just been a really bad DOK for 4 Years. I was sitting here going "OMG I was idiot". I finally remembered ... the reason you stand in bad is because of Fueled Actions/Fury to get back SE/RF.

So OP, you need that tactic.

ChicagoJoe

Post#13 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:57 pm

kauyon1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:32 pm
kauyon1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:24 pm If you ever seen a DOK or WP actually purposely move into a Engi/Magus AOE cloud, that is why.
DoK actually does not have this tactic, it's one of the few differences between otherwise mirrored specs (for healing, dps is a different story).
You had me worried. My memory was bad, because I specifically remember standing in pools of bad AOE. And I felt like I had just been a really bad DOK for 4 Years. I was sitting here going "OMG I was idiot". I finally remembered ... the reason you stand in bad is because of Fueled Actions/Fury to get back SE/RF.

I use tactic exalted defenses (+20% heal) and cleansing power (group cleanse) and "intimidating repent" (group detaunt) but use "refreshing radiance" to give +50 action point chance to group heals. Since I always seem to be starving for AP which one do I give up for "fueled fury" to get RF when hit.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Drozen

Post#14 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:07 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:38 pm Appreciate all of the responses thus far. Each one very helpful and will give me something to think about and potentially tweak.

I am not worried about the heal totals as much as I don't want do be a weak link. We have been winning most of the scenarios so that is positive. I have mostly BIS gear but at rr50 I probably shouldn't be expecting to lead stats when I am with rr80s.
in this case i dont think your heals are the weak link, more you abilitie to take hits. and if you win most of the time then it's fine... take a drink, mouse click away if that's enough :lol:

And also, big heal numbers come easy when theres alot of fluff dmg to, so low lvl dot's ticking away on alot on your team.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Tolfhic

Post#15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:27 pm

kauyon1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:32 pm

That makes more sense haha, WP can take advantage of both tactics then by standing in puddles
<As If> & <Last Night in Sweden>
Mains: Chariot SM (7X), Tolfhic WH (Badlands: 94)
Alts: Dokdisrespect DoK, Mspe WP, Bleeped Chosen
He's a WH fleeing from fights with this rotation; Flee, AP pot then stealth

Shalktonin

Post#16 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:40 pm

YEah sheild of faith (disrupt) and exalted defenses (bonus to heal when defense) are really key core components to WP healing, especially if you get a sorc or magus who haven't figured out that your 65% disrupt means they are better off hittting something else. You can really boost your healing. Everything else thats been said here is really good advice and don't worry about the final healing numbers.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

roadkillrobin

Post#17 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Don't need to use Fueled Action/Fury.
When enemies are that close that you're able to get vallue from it you can use Smite and Sigmars Radiance. Imo it's a waste of a tactic slot.

kkprfx

Post#18 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Shalktonin wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:40 pm YEah sheild of faith (disrupt) and exalted defenses (bonus to heal when defense) are really key core components to WP healing, especially if you get a sorc or magus who haven't figured out that your 65% disrupt means they are better off hittting something else. You can really boost your healing. Everything else thats been said here is really good advice and don't worry about the final healing numbers.
definetely not in scenarios
Gabber

Ads
Wosh
Banned

Post#19 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:31 pm

Screw the numbers, they mean ****! - I've seen an engineer do 200k damage, it dident mean **** cause the same **** was on the wrong target the entire time and killed nobody! You can rank up high numbers by doing the wrong thing over and over again.

I play grace WP so i heal thru melee - my heal numbers completly depends on who is in my group. If I'm in a melee group and they are all up there in the front takeing damage, il get higher healing numbers doing the exact same as if my group was a caster group standing in the back. The scoreboard has only 1 thing that matters, if you win or lose. Dying 10 times, haveing no kills etc. means nothing if you can walk away with the victory.

auzzibear

Post#20 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Just started recording again, here's my grace WP doing 240k in a random Battle for Praag. Also managed to be top DPS for order? None of the DPS is burst though, just constant weak-medium sustain.

Edit: this is obviously different than salvation, but it's totally possible. I've hit 600k+ in scenarios as grace

Click here to watch on YouTube
Auzzimvp, Cow Handler of <Salt Factory>

Aussi-Slayer | Auzzima-WP | Auzzi-WH | Auzzita-RP | Auzzimvp-WL
Auzz- DoK | Dubbs- Mara | Dubs- BG | Izua- Sham
at least 40/40 on most classes, just ran out of room :D