Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest - Scenario advice requested

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
MayoDaen78

Re: Warrior Priest - Scenario advice requested

Post#21 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 pm

I have an alt which is WP, just a quick question if you are fully Grace spec, do you have to use 2h hammer? because they are melee healer right?Or can you still use hammer and book? I am currently full Salv and wrath ( to get intimidating repent tactic),
Also because my wp is only rr 51, I wonder what is the sweet spot for willpower as a Salv wp? If I am using 80 discipline pot my willpower is around 899, is that too high? thanks
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 pm

MayoDaen78 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 pm I have an alt which is WP, just a quick question if you are fully Grace spec, do you have to use 2h hammer? because they are melee healer right?Or can you still use hammer and book? I am currently full Salv and wrath ( to get intimidating repent tactic),
Also because my wp is only rr 51, I wonder what is the sweet spot for willpower as a Salv wp? If I am using 80 discipline pot my willpower is around 899, is that too high? thanks
That's far too high. You can make do with circa600 (some go higher). Grace is tailored towards playing with a 2h.

MayoDaen78

Post#23 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:20 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 pm
MayoDaen78 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 pm I have an alt which is WP, just a quick question if you are fully Grace spec, do you have to use 2h hammer? because they are melee healer right?Or can you still use hammer and book? I am currently full Salv and wrath ( to get intimidating repent tactic),
That's far too high. You can make do with circa600 (some go higher). Grace is tailored towards playing with a 2h.

I see, thanks for the feedback :D
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Wosh
Banned

Post#24 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:56 pm

You could get grace/sal spec without the crit and damage buff tactic and use the gracepart with a 1 handed and virtually no points in str. And still get some okayish Heals from sigmars grace and keep people up with a combo of Group healhits and Group healcasts.

You Will however lack the mass repent, cause some joker stuck this in wrath where it does not belong.

MayoDaen78

Post#25 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Wosh wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:56 pm You could get grace/sal spec without the crit and damage buff tactic and use the gracepart with a 1 handed and virtually no points in str. And still get some okayish Heals from sigmars grace and keep people up with a combo of Group healhits and Group healcasts.

You Will however lack the mass repent, cause some joker stuck this in wrath where it does not belong.
Thanks for that, I was a bit hesitant to try grace because of not being able to get mass repent. I for one cannot think of not going salv. It's either Salv/Grace or Salv/Wrath, and I only took wrath because of that intimidating repent tactic.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:45 pm

You can make Grace work once you have Mercenary gear in 6-12-man scale. I advise you to equip armor talismans in your gear. In scenarios against heavy ranged (magus/sorc), and many enemies, you will have a tough time.

MayoDaen78

Post#27 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:29 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:45 pm You can make Grace work once you have Mercenary gear in 6-12-man scale. I advise you to equip armor talismans in your gear. In scenarios against heavy ranged (magus/sorc), and many enemies, you will have a tough time.
if going Grace path, what is the minimum STR you should have? since you said slot armor talisman on the gear so I assume the renown is where you get your STR? I was thinking maybe with dealing heavy ranged, the jewels to go to is go with Winds impervious set?
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Wosh
Banned

Post#28 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Well, If you seen What is on the balance forum they are about to **** with the class entirely. From the looks of it, they are going to screw our class entirely.

And il Go ahead a say this out loud. Dansararii dont have a clue on how to play a WP, he should not be involved here. Clown has a premade setup in mind and a strong desire to full that spot as a wp dps. So instead of balanceing the wp they are going for a rewamp nobody asked for.

We could make small changes and give up this idea that our class should perform as a true dps, It’s not our role our role is to heal, buff and debuff. We lack a few essentiels to be moved and provide synergi within the working parameters of the class. We are a hybrid class and healing goes thru in every tree. Be that grace, wrath or salvation. Wrath still requires healing and so It’s not the dps of a true dps class, But it should not be It’s part of the design. Start by moveing repent out of the wrath tree and buff the soul tactics in wrath.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:07 pm

Wosh wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 pm Well, If you seen What is on the balance forum they are about to **** with the class entirely. From the looks of it, they are going to screw our class entirely.

And il Go ahead a say this out loud. Dansararii dont have a clue on how to play a WP, he should not be involved here. Clown has a premade setup in mind and a strong desire to full that spot as a wp dps. So instead of balanceing the wp they are going for a rewamp nobody asked for.

We could make small changes and give up this idea that our class should perform as a true dps, It’s not our role our role is to heal, buff and debuff. We lack a few essentiels to be moved and provide synergi within the working parameters of the class. We are a hybrid class and healing goes thru in every tree. Be that grace, wrath or salvation. Wrath still requires healing and so It’s not the dps of a true dps class, But it should not be It’s part of the design. Start by moveing repent out of the wrath tree and buff the soul tactics in wrath.
Who is going to do anything? Who said anything about a revamp? It's a discussion; we want your views on how the class should function, i.e. hybrid or pure. Stop talking rubbish.

#Hyperbole
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wosh
Banned

Post#30 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Well open up so i Can reply on your balance forum then.