Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest - Scenario advice requested

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ChicagoJoe

Warrior Priest - Scenario advice requested

Post#1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Lv 40/50rr WP as an alt - haven't done a ton of scenarios as a WP but am uncertain if I should be unhappy with my stats even when we win.

It could have been that I have been drawn out and targeted by over aggressive team play of my dps and tanks but I'd love to see a good vid of someone healing for 200,000+ in a scenario, as I haven't broken that figure.

I am salvation spec'd to the max with intimidating repent spec'd as a tactic. Full conq and with partial genesis, subj hammer and book, BL cloak, book and jewelry.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: Warrior Priest - Scenario advice requested

Post#2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:56 pm

My personal record on live server was 900k pre Groupheal nerf. Post nerf i've done 680k.
On RoR my top on WP been 500 back when t3 was cap.

Getting 200 isn't hard tbh.

ChicagoJoe

Post#3 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:07 pm

I am in awe of your skills... I believe you that 200k+ isn't hard so I need to figure out what I am missing. WP is not my favorite, I prefer tanks with sieges and like playing an engy in keep defenses so I obviously haven't figured it out yet.

Can you share some advice or did you just want to brag?
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

carmine3161

Post#4 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Ill try and record some WP game play and maybe you could learn something from that (maybe even some 6v6 PoV), im far from what you could call a great WP and im still learning it but i think i understand most the healing aspect of the class.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

kauyon1

Post#5 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:24 pm

I think it's extremely dependent on the SC itself and your group and their group.

High numbers aren't necessarily a good thing. It means 1) you teammates are taking lots of damage inferring that tanks may not be doing the best job 2) the opposing DPS are spamming AOE rather than focusing; and/or 3) you might be the only healer in a team full of high defense players who are not killing anything therefore having more damage come in.

Maybe you are encountering just really good teams in which they kill, so they don't take damage, or the other team just isn't applying damage that you need to heal.

Not that I play my WP that much on ROR, but on live my WP and DOK the only SCs in which I would get high healing output where generally in standstills with neither side killing anything. They weren't really that fun, but that was why I got big numbers. In premades I almost never would break 100K, because my team never needed it.

Your gear sounds right, though what are you doing with your talis?

A healing WP is not that ability bloated that I couldn't imagine you are using the wrong abilities. You AOE HoT, you look to what teammate is going to get focused and pre HoT them. Focus heals unless team is taking damage, then you move to AOE heals.

You don't want to spam AOE as it will eat your RF away. You only use it when appropriate or LOS is an issue. Shield only in clutch issues. And if do have the AOE area heal taken, you only want to use that if you happen to be standing in the mess and you have lots of out of group players around you needing not so emergency healing (otherwise it's not a great ability to use on the regular).

You want to focus your renown in high defenses for parry, disrupt, dodge then into futile strikes, because you want to use the tactic that gives 20% higher output on defense. If you ever seen a DOK or WP actually purposely move into a Engi/Magus AOE cloud, that is why. I used to comb that with the 10% disrupt tactic. It was highly useful to 1) survive sorc burst and 2) keep your healing output high despite needing higher defenses.

I know it's old knowledge, but maybe this will help as the classes look exactly as I remember back in my Mr. Meh days.

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Groups generally don't really AoE in scenarios anymore so getting those 600k + is probobly long gone. But 200k is happening all the time.

If your goal's just to reach big numbers the trick is to keep HoTs up as much as you can on as many players as possible and Groupheal - Groupheal - Divine Mend - Smite rotation when they take substantial damage. It's not the moast optimal way to heal, but it will get you big numbers.

Fallenkezef

Post#7 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:33 pm

As Kauyon said the numbers are not all too inportant. It's like the dps wailing on crossguarded, healed tanks and gloating over thier massive damage while the othet team sit on the flag and win 500-0.

Measure success by your team's victory and how many you kept standing or how quickly you rezzed
Alea iacta est

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:53 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:32 pm Lv 40/50rr WP as an alt - haven't done a ton of scenarios as a WP but am uncertain if I should be unhappy with my stats even when we win.

It could have been that I have been drawn out and targeted by over aggressive team play of my dps and tanks but I'd love to see a good vid of someone healing for 200,000+ in a scenario, as I haven't broken that figure.

I am salvation spec'd to the max with intimidating repent spec'd as a tactic. Full conq and with partial genesis, subj hammer and book, BL cloak, book and jewelry.
Could be a few things:

1) yours hots aren't actually ticking, and people are instead being healed by other heals/hots in that moment;
2) you have an abundance of healers
3) team just aren't taking much damage
4) are you prehotting? Use enemy to show aoe hot/ST hot on all party members and keep them up
5) how's your heal crit?

Ads
Tolfhic

Post#9 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:25 pm

kauyon1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:24 pm If you ever seen a DOK or WP actually purposely move into a Engi/Magus AOE cloud, that is why.
DoK actually does not have this tactic, it's one of the few differences between otherwise mirrored specs (for healing, dps is a different story).

Some very good advise and tips. Hard sc numbers are not always the best indicators for performance. Healing numbers in particular are situational. If you are already following whats been said then you are probably doing fine.
<As If> & <Last Night in Sweden>
Mains: Chariot SM (7X), Tolfhic WH (Badlands: 94)
Alts: Dokdisrespect DoK, Mspe WP, Bleeped Chosen
He's a WH fleeing from fights with this rotation; Flee, AP pot then stealth

ChicagoJoe

Post#10 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Appreciate all of the responses thus far. Each one very helpful and will give me something to think about and potentially tweak.

I am not worried about the heal totals as much as I don't want do be a weak link. We have been winning most of the scenarios so that is positive. I have mostly BIS gear but at rr50 I probably shouldn't be expecting to lead stats when I am with rr80s.