Recent Topics

Ads

News of the WP Update !

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: News of the WP Update !

Post#31 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:01 pm

Worth noting that there are several new abilities in the pipeline that you guys should hopefully be able to play around with soon. We have been looking to the feedback you guys have been giving.

Ads
Tesq

Post#32 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:01 pm

kauyon1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:43 pm
Ramasee wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:52 pm
Shalktonin wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:51 pm
Have you considered that not every WP wants to be a DPS *****, some of use would rather heal? That your playstyle for a class is by no means the majority or even a minority opinion and that in your single minded drive (this is one of many posts by you on this topic) you are essentially trying to make the class fit your playstyle rather than your playstyle fit the class?
Question, if you are speccing into wrath what are you attempting to do?

So far he has only stated making wrath a dps, grace being a front line healer, and has hardly made any comments on salvation. Also in this thread it was even specifically stated by ptp3 that there will be a community input thread on what it means to be wrath before they even begin the discussions on warrior priest in the think tank. So I would suggest knocking it off with the Ad Hominem attacks.
I wouldn't call that Ad Hominem, but what ever.

The solution stated is not a good one. Mainly because the statement presents there is no other solution - which simply is not true. You do not need to control everything through "stances" just because that's the only way. And I agree with Shalk, we shouldn't be blocking off trees because almost every class hybrids in some way. Going back to original AoR model before TOVL is not the answer.

Simply I think the proper answer (if ptp3 will entertain it) will probably fall with having Rend/Divine Assault being moved into the Grace Tree as a high costs tree specific ability. At that point you can buff Wrath all day long and not worry about heal back as the other melee heal isn't going to provide that much. It would also solidify the Grace as the sole melee healer, and then you wouldn't be able to use Wrath as a BiS DPS/Healer for PVE. It would certainly change leveling a WP/DOK from what we all knew because DA/Rend are early essentials. But the reality is it is that Ability that OPs the DPS versions of the classes. Why should WPs be the only class soloing normal & hard PQs while leveling? It's that sole ability that throws everything off balance for working in the trees. It should be Grace specific and then wrath/salv still have a melee/heal available if small dmg/heals are needed.
Mah a good division with primary and second mastery picked imo

Heal +melee healer = healers from afar, instead kite as other cloth healer it have additional defs
No immunity to set back

Melee heal + heal = front line caster able to substain more but need to be closer to heal, can kite while heals with melee heals, immunity to set back ( combat casting, a la d&d)

Melee heal+ melee dmg ,= hybrid dps behave more lime a def dps , primary function substain dmg while also be able to self heal himself ( prototype world of worcraft deathkinght)
Not access to best dpa option(aka heal debuff moved on 11 pt or 13pt.

Melee dmg + melee healing= primary dps, the heal are reduced to the min it offer slight less dmg (very slight ) and very slight self substain heal like self hot and cleanse but that's it

First two builds are willp+ heal crit based (even on melee heals)

Last 2 builds are str + melee crit based

The st channelingand all other melee heals should scale a lot on mastery investiment on it esponencialy and not proportionaly this will keep out melee beals from being too strong while playing primary ranged heal and melee dps. (A realy 50% cut pre 7 pt and double when reaching 15 pt. Moreover the only melee heal str based should be right the channeling.

Drozen

Post#33 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Aoe de-taunt as wrath is useless due to the fact you will spam (or should any way imo) smite(GS-proccs) and also use soul fire, both of wich will break your de-taunt. for grace yes you more then likely will have it and use it, but for wrath it's a no. Dont know really why it's in the wrath tree to begin with but just guessing it's so you cant have all your goodies in one bag.

(Also i just skimmed thrue all of this, so if this was addressed earlies just ignore this..)
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Tesq

Post#34 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm

Drozen wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:40 pm Aoe de-taunt as wrath is useless due to the fact you will spam (or should any way imo) smite(GS-proccs) and also use soul fire, both of wich will break your de-taunt. for grace yes you more then likely will have it and use it, but for wrath it's a no. Dont know really why it's in the wrath tree to begin with but just guessing it's so you cant have all your goodies in one bag.

(Also i just skimmed thrue all of this, so if this was addressed earlies just ignore this..)
But pretesterous aoe detaunt is something you need in any build ; tools that must not be shared are other stuff....

Keep it simple , all healer in game have an aoe detaunt in some form for base , only dok/wp 1/3 have it bind on mastery..... And look the o lu thing doing is overkilling melee heal mastery as both range heal.mode and melee dps bothcan use it.

Wosh
Banned

Post#35 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:45 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:01 pm Worth noting that there are several new abilities in the pipeline that you guys should hopefully be able to play around with soon. We have been looking to the feedback you guys have been giving.
Yep, it's going in the right direction and I am excited about what is coming :) cheers don't disappoint me at least not much.

:-)

/Ehrenreich

Wosh
Banned

Post#36 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:37 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm
Drozen wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:40 pm Aoe de-taunt as wrath is useless due to the fact you will spam (or should any way imo) smite(GS-proccs) and also use soul fire, both of wich will break your de-taunt. for grace yes you more then likely will have it and use it, but for wrath it's a no. Dont know really why it's in the wrath tree to begin with but just guessing it's so you cant have all your goodies in one bag.

But pretesterous aoe detaunt is something you need in any build ; tools that must not be shared are other stuff....

Keep it simple , all healer in game have an aoe detaunt in some form for base , only dok/wp 1/3 have it bind on mastery..... And look the o lu thing doing is overkilling melee heal mastery as both range heal.mode and melee dps bothcan use it.
I need a like button!

Drozen

Post#37 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:13 am

Tesq wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm

yes all do, nothing i disagree with. but by going wrath and it's abilties you break that aoe de-taunt straight away by just simply using the abilties in the wrath tree. I'm not saying it's a bad thing aoe de-taunt or that we shouldnt have it. i simply stating if you are in wrath you are not using it cuz it's render useless due to the fact you are using aoe alot wich breaks the de-taunt. if you de-taunt as a wrath priest you single out that one sorc (or w/e) that's afare and that's it. you will not pick up a tactic like aoe de-taunt wich you dont have any use of (reasons i explained above) in place of those must have ones playing wrat it's that simple.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

Wiede

Post#38 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Well you're supposed to aoe detaunt the people you're not hitting like casters when in melee train or detaunting melees when breaking through?

Am i wrong? Dont know

Ads
Drozen

Post#39 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:58 pm

yes, wich i also said. when you do use your de-taunt you use it on a caster that's far away (pref a sorc with WoP as ex.) but sure a aoe de-taunt comes handy when all caster are friendly enough to bunch up together all at the same spot. wich happens alot and then you dont have to consider that most dps classes on destro is atm m-dps right now.very few that play sorc's/mag or ranged Sh's.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

Rathael87

Post#40 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:16 am

It's actually also quite difficult to fit it into the Grace tactics line.

If you want significant lifetap output then you run fanaticism and the radiance tactic along with divine fury. That is still 3 pretty much mandatory tactics. Fanaticism is the only one that could potentially be dropped, but it is an enormous amount to drop 10% crit.

The final tactic slot is a toss-up between AoE detaunt, Disrupt and one of the RF generation tactics. I'm actually trying out fuelled fury at the moment and it is proving to be quite useful in scenarios. It means I am able to smash divine assault every time it is off cooldown without any issues... and now with new and improved lifetaps, divine assault is performing a bit more reasonably with 1h and shield.

As a melee DPS, I would expect WP to receive a guard like any other MDPS, also lessening the need to detaunt. i would probably largely agree with Droze on this one.