Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Grace wishlist

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
siflisk

[WP] Grace wishlist

Post#1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:22 pm

I have been playing grace for about a month now at level 40 and the following is my personal wishlist for the playstyle. Created Zynwun to be grace only but liked it so much I changed Zonwin to grace because of better items.

The goal of this wishlist is to accomplish three things:
1) Improve Grace WP AP based healing tools that can be used while the WP is not in melee range. (Sigmar's Grace and Divine Mend)
2) Make all of the tactics in the tree worth using while making tactics from other trees optional and not mandatory.
3) Make Grace based abilities more consistent and healing focused. (Divine Assault and Sigmar's Vision)

Not expecting any of this to actually be implemented, just throwing ideas out there that someone might actually think are good. Also some/many of these have probably already been suggested before. Not claiming any of this is original thought. Just felt like doing a comprehensive "this is what I want" for the whole tree.

Sigmar's Grace: This ability is a fantastic AP based group heal.
Issue: With the limited range, this is hard to use effectively. Positioning myself to hit as many team members as possible is very difficult.
Wishlist: Give the ability the tooltip 100 ft range.
Reasoning: With cast time and cooldown this ability only heals for ~120 HPS. Over time you get roughly the same number of casts as Touch of the Divine (with +8 RF book) but you cannot chain cast in emergency situations like you can with Touch of the Divine. Also the 2 second cast makes this dangerous to cast in melee situations. It would help mitigate the issue that Grace WPs have of healing while not in melee range/standoff situations.

Grace of Sigmar: Makes Sigmar's Radiance truly shine.
Issue: No issues, this tactic is great.
Wishlist: Add the following to the tactic: "Divine Assualt will now heal for 150% of tooltip damage each swing + 200% of damage dealt.
Reasoning: I rarely use Divine Assault because Sigmar's Radiance has a guaranteed heal. Even at full RF I prefer SR because of the consistency. Modifying the healing of Divine Assault to have a consistent and guaranteed portion will make it a far better healing tool.

Leading the Prayer: When you read the tooltip for this, you think that it is Meh. When you use it and find out that your own Prayer of Devotion procs turn into double procs, you find out that it is amazing.
Wishlist: Add the following to the tactic: "Divine Mend will now use Strength instead of Willpower for scaling."
Reasoning: This will help with the Grace WP's issues of healing while out of melee range.

Greave of Sigmar: I want this to be worth using.
Issue: With the buff being ability based and not stacking with any Auras/Potions/abilities it is not worth the tactic slot.
Wishlist: Change the Strength and Toughness granted by this tactic to count as tactic stats, so that it stacks with auras/potions/abilities.
Reasoning: 120 toughness goes a long way when you need to be as tanky as you can be. With no +STR gear this tactic is roughly equivalent to +25% damage without the 20% heal debuff. (Maths below)

Sigmar's Vision:
Issue: I would rather this ability do something to help with survivability vs casters and not melee. Sigmar's Shield is the primary keep me alive from melee DPS ability.
Wishlist: Change this ability to the following " Deal X damage and blesses your defensive target with a protective barrier for 10 seconds that will absorb up to Y magical damage."
Reasoning: Anything that helps vs caster instadeath is good. Salvation WP can stack up to 40+% disrupt along with Divine Warding and Divine Light. As grace, I am incredibly durable vs melee, but crumple like a paper bag vs sorcerer/magus. I would take the -25% damage from ranged/magic tactic that melee dps got if it was available.

Repent/Intimidating repent: This improves survivability drastically.
Issue: This is mandatory if you do not have guard support, forcing you to use a tactic and to spec into the damage tree when you are trying to be a healer. Suggestion below does not fix the issue of having a AOE detaunt tactic in a AOE heavy damage tree.
Wishlist: Change Repent to be AOE when Great Weapon is equipped and increase the cooldown to 25 seconds. Change Intimidating Repent to reduce the cooldown by 10 seconds and remove the Great Weapon requirement for AOE.
Reasoning: Gives the option to not be forced into taking this tactic. The opening would allow more use of Greave of Sigmar.

Greave of Sigmar Math:
~300 DPS base:
~90 DPS Ability Base
~80 DPS Weapon
~25 DPS Strength Base
~100 DPS auto-swing Base

+120 Strength = +24 DPS ability, +12 DPS auto
-120 Toughness = +24 DPS ability, +12 DPS auto
Total = +72DPS

Ads
dansari

Re: [WP] Grace wishlist

Post#2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:29 pm

If you have a balance proposal it should be submitted in the Balance Forum. viewforum.php?f=95
<Salt Factory>

Wosh
Banned

Re: [WP] Grace wishlist

Post#3 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:08 pm

siflisk wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:22 pm I have been playing grace for about a month now at level 40 and the following is my personal wishlist for the playstyle. Created Zynwun to be grace only but liked it so much I changed Zonwin to grace because of better items.

The goal of this wishlist is to accomplish three things:
1) Improve Grace WP AP based healing tools that can be used while the WP is not in melee range. (Sigmar's Grace and Divine Mend)
2) Make all of the tactics in the tree worth using while making tactics from other trees optional and not mandatory.
3) Make Grace based abilities more consistent and healing focused. (Divine Assault and Sigmar's Vision)

Not expecting any of this to actually be implemented, just throwing ideas out there that someone might actually think are good. Also some/many of these have probably already been suggested before. Not claiming any of this is original thought. Just felt like doing a comprehensive "this is what I want" for the whole tree.

Sigmar's Grace: This ability is a fantastic AP based group heal.
Issue: With the limited range, this is hard to use effectively. Positioning myself to hit as many team members as possible is very difficult.
Wishlist: Give the ability the tooltip 100 ft range.
Reasoning: With cast time and cooldown this ability only heals for ~120 HPS. Over time you get roughly the same number of casts as Touch of the Divine (with +8 RF book) but you cannot chain cast in emergency situations like you can with Touch of the Divine. Also the 2 second cast makes this dangerous to cast in melee situations. It would help mitigate the issue that Grace WPs have of healing while not in melee range/standoff situations.

This was nerfed from haveing no cooldown, beeing a 2 second cast with 100ft range. (cause someone was claiming that spamming an 800 group heal every 2 seconds was OP) Did i mention it can be debuffed aswell, yea this skill should be reverted back into its original form it sits way high up in grace and picking this skill should reward grace spec with a heal just like it used to.

Grace of Sigmar: Makes Sigmar's Radiance truly shine.
Wishlist: Add the following to the tactic: "Divine Assualt will now heal for 150% of tooltip damage each swing + 200% of damage dealt.
Reasoning: I rarely use Divine Assault because Sigmar's Radiance has a guaranteed heal. Even at full RF I prefer SR because of the consistency. Modifying the healing of Divine Assault to have a consistent and guaranteed portion will make it a far better healing tool.

Its the best heal already and no divine assault should not be impossible to stop. You cast purge just before so you get past any shield they have up. This is something you need to adapt to, not the other way around. However it is bugged in the sense that its healing does not follow the castbar. You will notice that the first attack is off and the last heal also comes in late when the abiltity castbar is done. But thats a bug issue i belive was also present on live.

Leading the Prayer: When you read the tooltip for this, you think that it is Meh. When you use it and find out that your own Prayer of Devotion procs turn into double procs, you find out that it is amazing.
Wishlist: Add the following to the tactic: "Divine Mend will now use Strength instead of Willpower for scaling."
Reasoning: This will help with the Grace WP's issues of healing while out of melee range.

It is bugged and the only reason its worth something is because of that bug. The double proc is good and makes leading prayer work outside of a group aswell. At max in grace its 600 combined when it procs, sadly the thing has an internal CD so it cant proc on abilites and aa attacks at the same time. The CD is something ROR added to the game not something that was on live.

Greave of Sigmar: I want this to be worth using.
Issue: With the buff being ability based and not stacking with any Auras/Potions/abilities it is not worth the tactic slot.
Wishlist: Change the Strength and Toughness granted by this tactic to count as tactic stats, so that it stacks with auras/potions/abilities.
Reasoning: 120 toughness goes a long way when you need to be as tanky as you can be. With no +STR gear this tactic is roughly equivalent to +25% damage without the 20% heal debuff. (Maths below)

The effectiveness of this depends on how much str. and tougness a target has to begin with - this skill is already pretty nice as a debuffer. However its not meant as a DPS tactic and it should never be a dps tactic, its to debuff and buff with. Grace is about healing while doing damage to provide some pressure and buffing/debuffing.

Sigmar's Vision:
Issue: I would rather this ability do something to help with survivability vs casters and not melee. Sigmar's Shield is the primary keep me alive from melee DPS ability.
Wishlist: Change this ability to the following " Deal X damage and blesses your defensive target with a protective barrier for 10 seconds that will absorb up to Y magical damage."
Reasoning: Anything that helps vs caster instadeath is good. Salvation WP can stack up to 40+% disrupt along with Divine Warding and Divine Light. As grace, I am incredibly durable vs melee, but crumple like a paper bag vs sorcerer/magus. I would take the -25% damage from ranged/magic tactic that melee dps got if it was available.

Casters are suppose to be our nemesis and your suppose to die when you get focused by one you ignore. This is why we need mass repent back, however not in the way you want it. This ability has a long CD (30 sec) however if it was short like a 10 sec. cast no healer or caster dps would have a fighting chance. You can already get a bubble from salvation, so pick that line if you need a bubble. What you really need is mass repent so you can throw that on their backline and fight their frontline without getting owned in 3 GCD by a sorc, we have to have a nemesis that will be our doom unless we do something to avoid them. Think about it, if we come close to a sorc he is ****. Now if we also had a bubble vs. magic and a silence, when in the fight would the sorc have the upperhand?

Repent/Intimidating repent: This improves survivability drastically.
Issue: This is mandatory if you do not have guard support, forcing you to use a tactic and to spec into the damage tree when you are trying to be a healer. Suggestion below does not fix the issue of having a AOE detaunt tactic in a AOE heavy damage tree.
Wishlist: Change Repent to be AOE when Great Weapon is equipped and increase the cooldown to 25 seconds. Change Intimidating Repent to reduce the cooldown by 10 seconds and remove the Great Weapon requirement for AOE.
Reasoning: Gives the option to not be forced into taking this tactic. The opening would allow more use of Greave of Sigmar.

Mass repent was never a wrath ability, it was in general for a reason (all branches need it) its part of our survival toolkit when we fight vs. +1. It's powerfull as it cuts all damage in half and that is why it requires a tactic slot to have. Getting this on a 2-handed for free will be OP, It will allow some OP builds. It should however be moved into the general tree and aa-haste should be moved back into wrath where it belongs.