Recent Topics

Ads

2H KOTBS Armor

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
bobthehero

2H KOTBS Armor

Post#1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:51 pm

What armor should I get as a 2h KOTBS, right now I am rocking a full set of Mercenary gear, but I think it is time for an upgrade. Question is, which set should I go for.
Bobthehero: Level 40 Greatsword of the Blazing Sun RR43

Ads
zageen

Re: 2H KOTBS Armor

Post#2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:19 pm

Hi!

there is many possible builds for a 2 handed KOTBS .

if you prefer to be tanky and just debuff , you can go with pure conq.
I personally mixed the conq with the red eye for the %crit réduc and armor (boot , cloak , torso), but care ,you'll lose the conq preservation , which is actually the best thing witht this set.

if you really want to dps ,just go for pure dominator!

there is the fast cheap build i took before this two build :

3 dominator + all beastlord (the beastlord is really good ATM because of the armor debuff)

For the weapon:

If you want to be tanky : go with dawn (epic quest)
if you really want to dps: go with sc weapon
if you want to do both : subjugator

And the jewles :

Tanky : 2 everlasting , 2 undying (aspect , remnent , fragment)
Dps : 2 warrior genesis (aspect,remnent, fragment) , 2 gunbad blue bag ring
Cheap build : t4 empire inf , beastlord , complete with the best you got

but remember : if you have personnal preferences , go for it , you'll be better if you like what you play !

sorry for the bad english
Twelves inches unbuffed

Zag 40/83 chosen
Zagm 40/6X mara

Legion of Boom

Zageen 40/7X SM
Diabolomenthe 40/6X KOTBS

bobthehero

Post#3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Thanks, I already have Dawn, but I switched it for the Badmoon Flamberge you get from Dwarf T4 influence, and I do prefer DPS, so it seems I'll be going the dominator's way.
Bobthehero: Level 40 Greatsword of the Blazing Sun RR43

zageen

Post#4 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 pm

if you do so , take the beastlord back and replace 1 blue bag ring from gunbad with the beastlord , you'll have 3 part with the pocket (58 WS boost)
Twelves inches unbuffed

Zag 40/83 chosen
Zagm 40/6X mara

Legion of Boom

Zageen 40/7X SM
Diabolomenthe 40/6X KOTBS

szejoza

Post#5 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:43 am

Going full domi is pointless, get full BL for armor debuff which as a knight you are lacking and fill the rest with dominator. And that is for SC's

For warband play you want to be as tanky as possible so get 5 pieces conq and fill with whatever defensive items you have. Remember you are tank first, dps second
Spoiler:

Wdova

Post#6 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:17 am

Depends what role You want to play.

For tanking with 2H, the best gear for me is mix of 4xconqueror and 2xannihilator(chest and shoulders) with 2H Dawn. With toughnes aura I have softcaped toughnes and 8,5-9k hp depends on jewelry mixing.

For DPS assist 2H tanking using full beastlord for armor debuff and 3 piece conqueror +2H dawn in warband or 2H subjug in party.

Havent tried full balls deep dps with dominator+beastlord or full dominator, but even with 850 strenght (with runefang proc) with full BL+conq I hit like a trash and cant be compared to my offensive SnB SM, slayer or WH. Apperantly Kobs wasnt made as hard hitting tank, but centered about group utility.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Panodil

Post#7 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:42 am

Depends on who you play with. I duo with WP so i run full BL for armor debuff and 3 dom. Im at 1030 str and do almost no damage, my arcing swings, kd and kb dont get defended at least :)
Still kinda tanky with that gear, 60 ish parry and 0 to be crit.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Aurandilaz

Post#8 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:05 am

problem with knight is, even with absurd high Str and WS you are barely doing any damage because all your abilities have somehow weakass base dmg, you have no crit modifier like the actualy dps classes have, you don't get to do Spirit dmg like SM/Chosen can do, nor can you go big-Choppa/BO style... compared to IB, hard to say, but their buffs are stronger for 1-2 persons, whereas kotb is for better group wide buffs and debuffs, meaning you won't be doing as much debuffing on a ST as an IB will.

Possible gear to run:
6 BL for armor debuff, quite handy
5 Domi for Taunt procd, +15% dmg is nice to have
5 Conq, makes you tankier, so you keep dpsing longer while alive
2 Ruin, having extra armor can be nice considering Destro preferring melee as usual
2 Merc, extra Str, just in case

what I usually do is alternative between 6 BL + 3 Domi, or 5 Domi + 4 BL, or if I am not sure I will survive for long, throw 2 Ruin in for extra armoured tankyness. Considering dmg is pathetic even with 1000 Str and 700+ WS, losing some Str is hardly felt if you add those 2 Ruin or what else you want in.
The best 2h sword you will be running is Dawn, no other weapon comes close even, you will have very solid boost to your defences which you will be needing.

For jewels, getting lot of parry is nice because guarding your teammembers can melt you, then whatever gives you some Str + Ws or Initiative. Skaven ring with either -3 crit or extra parry is nice to have, same with Gunbad jewels that have parry or whatever 2 pc Genesis you might have.

And never run Focused Offence :D

Ads
Xergon

Post#9 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:54 am

Imho, Red Eye is the best set you want to run.
-6% chance to be critted, +650 armor and 1000 armor debuff proc.
If u dont have it then i would run full BL 3pc RedEye or 3pc Dominator, Conq can do work but u r wasting 5% block.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube