Recent Topics

Ads

[WH AoE] Let the MAD DOG loose

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Marawo

[WH AoE] Let the MAD DOG loose

Post#1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 am

If you want to be the Empires Reaver on the big stage, then this topic is for you.

The Mission:
Provide a viable build for PuG and 2-2-2 WB's and show the world they fear the hat for a reason.

The Build:
These are with 40/40 in mind

Pug build Crit
Needs some decent crit from gear since stacking Parry for 10 and Dodge, Disrupt for 20 rr is the baseline

Armor Pen build
This build feels alot better in Siege situations, added with a little 2.4k m4 meme, 4th tactic either Flowing accusations. Get Shroud of Magnus at 40/50. Depending on the life support your grp provides you with its possible to opt for Healdebuff tactic set

The Playstyle:
Lets be honest you are probably gonna land in the suicide squad, but that's all right you have your trusty sanctified bullets with you.
Engage with the stealth sprint for extra mechanic points.
Spam Trial by pain and Dragon Gun and hit as many enemy targets as you can to proc your bullets of purity.
Selfheal can reach absurd spikes up to 3k(with a lucky flank and little parries).
Use Razor strike inbetween to build your mechanic points.
Place your avoidance buffers carefully and think ahead (what is the enemy gonna do to a wh that pops up??)
Abuse immunities for full trial by pain channels (it procs your bullets a second time at the end).
Use Detaunt to catch up with your CD's and push in another 3k selfheal, spam pots when disarmed you have no gcd to waste,
AP pot spam when you run low on ap if you run out of gas you die.
The Stealth charge helps with ap management due to ap discount from opener.
Dont forget your m1 for defence and m2 to finish off a juicy blob.
Warning playstyle can get addictive.

The Gear:
If you wanna get big and strong you need to do your Beastlord.(The mechanic builder proc is really good for this build)
Stack WS, stack avoidances (disrupt and parry!), + AP
aim for a good wounds level it synergises well with your massive spike heals and gives you the edge to stay alive.
Subjugator weapons, many hits many procs especially if you machinegun the enemy with trial by pain down.

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Re: [WH AoE] Let the MAD DOG loose

Post#2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 am

Looks pretty on paper. But I have never seen BoP and Heal build do more than 400 points of healing and that is no where near enough for this.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Marawo

Post#3 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:11 pm

It is true 3k is exaggerated, this is the maximum i got so far, by no means is this the case everytime.
(less targets, parries, migitation)

Xergon

Post#4 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 pm

drmordread wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 am Looks pretty on paper. But I have never seen BoP and Heal build do more than 400 points of healing and that is no where near enough for this.
If you land DG into big group u can get 9 x 400 heal from it, or if u use TbP in big group u can get 2 x 9 x 400 heal from it.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Fallenkezef

Post#5 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:19 pm

WH have a bit more WB viability, true. Still do not see a wb spec being better than a sneak and gank spec tbh
Alea iacta est

chargedbolt

Post#6 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 pm

DG spec is useful for the AoE healing debuff on their backline, but overall I haven't found the spec that useful. You have decent AoE, but no real burst damage to kill people.

Xergon wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 pm
drmordread wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 am Looks pretty on paper. But I have never seen BoP and Heal build do more than 400 points of healing and that is no where near enough for this.
If you land DG into big group u can get 9 x 400 heal from it, or if u use TbP in big group u can get 2 x 9 x 400 heal from it.
400 is without resistances, so I'd say 200-300 is more realistic.

Xergon

Post#7 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:53 pm

chargedbolt wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 pm DG spec is useful for the AoE healing debuff on their backline, but overall I haven't found the spec that useful. You have decent AoE, but no real burst damage to kill people.

Xergon wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 pm
400 is without resistances, so I'd say 200-300 is more realistic.

Yes indeed, WH AoE in WB is only to do pressure and give some kinda utility with Debuffs and Morale drain, even though u r squishy as BW ur damage is miles behind, even behind Slayer...
Ofc i'm be able to score kills and do decent damage but still, you cant compete with proper BW/SL.
Last edited by Xergon on Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

drmordread
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 pm

JUST MY OPINION, not saying or asking to be switched back;

Best way the WH has utility in a WB is the same way me and friends of mine used WH's when we would make wb's back on live. AND FOR THE RECORD ALL MY WB'S were voice comed on vent, because it is the only way to properly coordinate and assist on main. Secondly, this relies on high crit, and WH no longer has high crit.

I would have 2 to 3 WH's in the wb that were specced for heal and armor debuff with exit wounds, that were spread out to two groups in the wb. These two groups would deal with enemy tanks while my other 2 groups pushed enemy backlines.
With the WH's heal and armor debuffing tanks we would get them out of the way quick then concentrate on killing off squishes in a loud and vocal bloodbath of destruction tears.

When facing an old fashioned bomb group I would get some WL's and pull in sorcs for quick execution by my WH's. Of course now, the WL pet speed is so slow you cant pull anything period ... but that is another thread.

Edit1; Basically for the WH to be viable in a wb you need to see how you can mesh their gifts/abilities with other classes in the wb. A WH alone will never be viable as just another dps.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Xergon

Post#9 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:15 am

drmordread wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 pm JUST MY OPINION, not saying or asking to be switched back;

Best way the WH has utility in a WB is the same way me and friends of mine used WH's when we would make wb's back on live. AND FOR THE RECORD ALL MY WB'S were voice comed on vent, because it is the only way to properly coordinate and assist on main. Secondly, this relies on high crit, and WH no longer has high crit.

I would have 2 to 3 WH's in the wb that were specced for heal and armor debuff with exit wounds, that were spread out to two groups in the wb. These two groups would deal with enemy tanks while my other 2 groups pushed enemy backlines.
With the WH's heal and armor debuffing tanks we would get them out of the way quick then concentrate on killing off squishes in a loud and vocal bloodbath of destruction tears.

When facing an old fashioned bomb group I would get some WL's and pull in sorcs for quick execution by my WH's. Of course now, the WL pet speed is so slow you cant pull anything period ... but that is another thread.

Edit1; Basically for the WH to be viable in a wb you need to see how you can mesh their gifts/abilities with other classes in the wb. A WH alone will never be viable as just another dps.

Excuse me, what kinda Armor Debuff are you talking about ?
If you r talking about armor debuff as a form of proc from epic pistol t4, then sorry but dont call it "spec armor debuff" ;).

And about playstyle that u just described, you can do that as seperate group, you dont need to be in WB to do that, so i wouldnt call it as WB Utility WH.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

harkerkane

Post#10 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:24 am

For high wh (>70) i suggest this strange spec. sweeping razor , repel blasphemy shroud of magnus with seal of destruction and fanatical cleansing . with more than 500 ws good crit and dissip you can put alot of pressure with BF vindication sweeping razor and FC. Just try it.
the razor strike hit 30 feet so you can dps without being hit . SoM or Sod are used if you fight magical or mdps (not both unfortunately) . repel when in contact and spam razor with seal of destruction . if some dissip i have put really big number (1800). with flanking replacing sweeping razor you hit less people and must be in contact but with good healer and guard i reach 2300 on sorceress or shaman. dont need lots of healing debuff because with this spec you dps all the healers or put such pressure in front that the healers are in trouble if you have a good assist. not so good with straigth dps and no kd but i take silence the heretic . strange spec but efficient i find. you have less kill blow but are more usefull for group in big number fights.
when lots of tanks or mdps you can switch ripost or jagged edge but it s not so impactful
At full accusation trial by pain under vindication hit for max damage 1100 by hit X6 with bullet before mitigation and you could use debuff AP bullet so every 8 sec you can debuff 40 AP to a full group . annoying for healers and mdps.
just my two cent

sorry for my english . its not my native language