Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] 2h solo?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aebel

[WP] 2h solo?

Post#1 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:14 am

Out of pure curiousity, is 2h dps WP okay at solo roaming? I see a ton of DoK's going dps and im wondering if WP's can do the same

I ask this knowing that they're a healing class first of course

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: [WP] 2h solo?

Post#2 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:35 am

In my experience there are two types of Warrior Priests - the ones that do okay to decent damage and can possibly be killed, and the ones that do little to no damage to me but I'm lucky if I can knock 25% off their health before they heal it all back. If the second type is playing with a partner then generally I'm toast.

I would think that both would be moderately viable solo, you would just need to be selective in your targets. I'm not sure what Warrior Priests have in the way of crowd control type of abilities, you'd need to have that too as it is very important when dealing with kiters when solo roaming.

I'm sure someone much more qualified to answer will have an in depth explanation of the class and how to run it solo, this is just my two cents on them.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Wosh
Banned

Post#3 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:05 am

Aebel wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:14 am Out of pure curiousity, is 2h dps WP okay at solo roaming? I see a ton of DoK's going dps and im wondering if WP's can do the same

Ye shall suffer not a heretic!

well, it depends on who you meet, what gear you have and the renown level your at. Even if you do have some success with this you will die a lot, you either commit to the fight or run before it starts. The WP's don't have any fleeing power if they are 2-handed, you cant kite is what I mean to say and you can't outrun a bad situation. Heck, you can't even catch most classes, so even if your winning you can get stunned or knocked down and they will flee from you and you won't be able to catch up.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that some people, you can walk over if you can catch them and that last part is really up to them. I feel its fair to say; that it's not an easy job to solo with a WP in PvP, and you better be ready for some deaths, I mean A LOT of deaths.

So I'm not sure I would state it as a viable solo pVp class cause its really about your setup vs. what your adversary has of setup. A Chosen with the right setup will become a death sentence to you, mostly due to shield mechanics. But the same chosen in a different setup cant kill you, its all about what tactics you have slotted.

The WP is king of pVe - can solo most mobs and even farm a bit inside gunbad alone. But it requires dedication acquiring the gear as you will have to run hundreds if not thousands of scenarios, to get the proper equipment. And in those scenarios, you are most likely gonna get scorched by less intelligent beings, for not running around with the bookclub so you can babysit these less fortunate people.

However, Melee WP's are the **** when properly backed up (much like everyone else) and they are really fun when you're on a roll.

But changes are coming to the WP so we are just gonna have to hope for the best. Right now your gonna set yourself up for some hard times but in my opinion, the WP was born to fight in the frontline and he looks amazing when he pulls it off :)

But your gonna get scorched for not joining the bookclub, however, if you just apply Teflon you should be all right. I hope you choose to become a 2 handed warrior priest, so we can suffer together.

/Ehrenreich

FYI - Teflon is a solid non-stick surface and it works wonders on trolls and insults.

zgolec

Post#4 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:13 am

Solo its not rly best opt.... But if you get buddy its fun as hell and quite effective. Just look at Drozzen vids :)

Also some nice 2h WP outta there like Clown, Drozzen or Choice to ask how to roll as 2h.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

DirkDaring

Post#5 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:34 am

no need to roam solo as a 2h wp , you are best runing as a duo with a Iron breaker

Chinesehero

Post#6 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:39 am

Aebel wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:14 am Out of pure curiousity, is 2h dps WP okay at solo roaming? I see a ton of DoK's going dps and im wondering if WP's can do the same

dps wp need duo with a tank
almost cant alone since if no target cant do self heal so rdps easy kill dps wp