Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] New Build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Headnut444

[WP] New Build

Post#1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:19 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently lvl'ing my WP (Lvl 30 at the moment) and after the latest Class changes I was wondering how do build him the right way.
Right now I run with 1h + Book (all points in salvation/Reknown in Heal Crit and willpower) for SC and ORvR but would be interested in 2h-Meele too (for easyer solo pve). So if you guy's could help me out with some builds/advice, that would be awesome!

Cheers :geek:

Ads
Rathael87

Re: [WP] New Build

Post#2 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:54 am

Since you're in tier 4 now, I absolutely would not recommend Grace healing (typically done with a shield now) for either scenarios or oRvR. In Pug scenarios it is currently extremely tough for even a rank 40 Grace WP. It really a solid group of team mates around it to be able to start to perform.

If you're happy levelling purely from scenarios and RvR I'd definitely look into salvation. Salvation seems to be the most effective PuG healer. Around your rank i'd probably run something like this:

http://www.ror.builders/career/warrior- ... ,4151,4173

In organized warbands WP is generally expected to run the AP tactic, but frankly in PuG situations this is not optimal. You don't get as much bang for your buck as PuG players are not that good.

I'm not sure about the state of DPS warrior priest but if you want to give it a go then don't let anybody stop you. There are a lot of raging jackasses that whine because you're not playing backline healer spec to healbot for them so be prepared for that.

Almost every scenario you get some guy like ''omg look at all these luldps healers'' like a broken record. I even get it when trying to test the new Grace changes, as a legit healer build.

Snoxx

Post#3 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:46 pm

It's not worth trying a melee build in PvP before you don't have the proper equipment. You need a mix of mercenary and dominator armor for that. If you are below lvl 40, going into melee is suicide.

You have to start with salvation spec, backline-healing. Even a low-level WP can be useful that way, if he plays smart. Positioning is they key to success as a backline-healer, your level and equipment is less important.

Solo PvE farming is a vastly different situation. A pure dps-spec with 2h hammer is best for it, of course.

Unfortunately, you'll have to respec sometimes ...

Headnut444

Post#4 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:17 am

First of thank you both for your replys!

@Rathael As for salvation on lvl 40 is it even worth taking Matyrs blessing and Gift of life or should I rather got for the Heal Debuff in wrath (if the ror-builder is up to date)?

@snoxx do you have a DPS build you can recommend? And stat wise do you go Str and Armor? Or better wounds?

The leveling progress is rather slow to me (SC's don't pop and if they do, Order mostly loosing) so I was thinking of going PVE to lvl 40 and then focus on RvR. I know it's not the best to ding 40 without having reknown at least equal but I'm tired of being the lowbie xD

kkprfx

Post#5 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 am

First of all don't spec your renown into heal crit until your chance to be crit is 0% or below 5% at the very least.
Gabber

Headnut444

Post#6 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:17 pm

kkprfx wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 am First of all don't spec your renown into heal crit until your chance to be crit is 0% or below 5% at the very least.
Good to know, Thanks for this!

Rathael87

Post#7 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Headnut444 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:17 am First of thank you both for your replys!

@Rathael As for salvation on lvl 40 is it even worth taking Matyrs blessing and Gift of life or should I rather got for the Heal Debuff in wrath (if the ror-builder is up to date)?

@snoxx do you have a DPS build you can recommend? And stat wise do you go Str and Armor? Or better wounds?

The leveling progress is rather slow to me (SC's don't pop and if they do, Order mostly loosing) so I was thinking of going PVE to lvl 40 and then focus on RvR. I know it's not the best to ding 40 without having reknown at least equal but I'm tired of being the lowbie xD
I am main tank myself, but generally in the organized warband I run with, our healers do not pick up martyr's blessing from what I can tell (maybe casted AoE heals are better or something). Typically they take the wounds buff from grace then the rest in salvation with the AoE HoT and shield, and AoE cleanse tactic. I don't think any one of us has any of the end-tree morale 4 options on any class or role. You would have to sacrifice the wounds buff to get it and the default morale 4 is already useful for various situations in RvR. Furthermore, you will be using focused mind more often than any morale 4. Being able to pump out faster heals with focused mind makes a big impact. If im not mistaken i think it benefits supplication too, allowing you to both cast and build RF rapidly.

Tactics wise they tend to run exalted defenses and I think the disrupt tactic has good synergy with that. I'm not sure about the final tactic slot but either willpower or fuelled fury seem like solid choices to me.

It is quite important to get your chance to be crit down low with futile strikes and possibly ini talismans. I'm fairly sure most if not all of our war band members are at or close to 0% chance to be crit. It significantly reduces the amount of burst you will eat.

Snoxx

Post#8 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:40 am

Headnut444 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:17 am @snoxx do you have a DPS build you can recommend? And stat wise do you go Str and Armor? Or better wounds?
For PvE leveling it's simple: spec into wrath and max your strength.

For PvP: I do not recommend going the dps route (at your level and renown rank).

Ads