Recent Topics

Ads

[KoTB's] Current Builds

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Xergon

Re: [KoTB's] Current Builds

Post#21 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:41 pm

LDRL wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:02 pm
Xergon wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:21 pm SnB Turtle basic Knight for low RR low gear:
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3080,3069

2Hander defensive variation for low RR low gear:
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3080,3069
Your first 2 links are the same
fixed.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
BurbsToo
Banned

Post#22 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 am

Eathisword wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:11 pm I really kinda enjoy this one for 2h defensive with low renown, bad gear, same as Xergon's build with different tactic.
RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun
All 40 renown in parry and dodge/disrupt.
With BL + ruin + WI jewels, using toughness, resist and Stay Focus aura, you can get good 750 toughness, 750 wounds, 55%+ parry with Dawn weapon and over capped resist.
It really lets you hold your own in most scen, small scale. And when you go RvR, just strap a shield+ 1h with wounds talis, change RF for another tactic and spam HTL. Good general build for starting knight like me. Fairly straight forward to play.

Edit : thinking about it... even in **** gear low renown... it does nearly as good as BiS RR80 IB as 2h. You just trade damage for survivability and better CC.
Great minds think alike (but fools rarely differ). That's Basically my RvR/tanky build.

Here is a 1v1/Solo/Duo build. Just for shits and giggles/waiting for your friends to log in. RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun Emperor's ward is optional. It's really only good as a 1v1 or 1v2 tactic. Staggering Impact is also optional. I just use it because my str is low and I need to land punts and stuff, and I'm often duoing with a dps or grace WP so that helps with melee heals. Overpowering swings will also help dps and grace WPs, but I'm stubborn and refuse to slot it. For auras, I actually use All Out Assault, On Your Guard, and Stand Strong vs melee, and I swap out On Your Guard for Gather Your Resolve when fighting more magic. All Out Assault is pretty weak, but when you're trying to be the knight version of Volgo, it can be really helpful vs multiple opponents. Basically, if you can beat the first guy, the next guy will already be weakened assuming there aren't heals. (Again, this is a silly 1v1 build) For items, I like using 5 piece conq (all but the boots), 2 piece Red Eye (boots and back) and then 4x Fleshrenderer HP regen rings (from the KV lair boss), and then Subj 2H (speed proc makes punting so much more accurate and it's also defensive). I pretty much use this gear set for every build. The fleshrenderer rings are a bitch to get, but winds impervious is great too. Or 4x genesis of your choice (generally one of the defensive sets). I always max out dodge/disrupt and parry. Your chance to be crit with runefang and 2 piece Red Eye will be very low, so no need for Futile Strikes. Right now, I have my other 40 rr points pumped into wounds and toughness, but there's also hearty concessions and others to play with.

facundo7777

Post#23 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:07 pm

BurbsToo wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 am
Eathisword wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:11 pm I really kinda enjoy this one for 2h defensive with low renown, bad gear, same as Xergon's build with different tactic.
All 40 renown in parry and dodge/disrupt.
With BL + ruin + WI jewels, using toughness, resist and Stay Focus aura, you can get good 750 toughness, 750 wounds, 55%+ parry with Dawn weapon and over capped resist.
It really lets you hold your own in most scen, small scale. And when you go RvR, just strap a shield+ 1h with wounds talis, change RF for another tactic and spam HTL. Good general build for starting knight like me. Fairly straight forward to play.

Edit : thinking about it... even in **** gear low renown... it does nearly as good as BiS RR80 IB as 2h. You just trade damage for survivability and better CC.
Great minds think alike (but fools rarely differ). That's Basically my RvR/tanky build.

Here is a 1v1/Solo/Duo build. Just for shits and giggles/waiting for your friends to log in. RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun Emperor's ward is optional. It's really only good as a 1v1 or 1v2 tactic. Staggering Impact is also optional. I just use it because my str is low and I need to land punts and stuff, and I'm often duoing with a dps or grace WP so that helps with melee heals. Overpowering swings will also help dps and grace WPs, but I'm stubborn and refuse to slot it. For auras, I actually use All Out Assault, On Your Guard, and Stand Strong vs melee, and I swap out On Your Guard for Gather Your Resolve when fighting more magic. All Out Assault is pretty weak, but when you're trying to be the knight version of Volgo, it can be really helpful vs multiple opponents. Basically, if you can beat the first guy, the next guy will already be weakened assuming there aren't heals. (Again, this is a silly 1v1 build) For items, I like using 5 piece conq (all but the boots), 2 piece Red Eye (boots and back) and then 4x Fleshrenderer HP regen rings (from the KV lair boss), and then Subj 2H (speed proc makes punting so much more accurate and it's also defensive). I pretty much use this gear set for every build. The fleshrenderer rings are a bitch to get, but winds impervious is great too. Or 4x genesis of your choice (generally one of the defensive sets). I always max out dodge/disrupt and parry. Your chance to be crit with runefang and 2 piece Red Eye will be very low, so no need for Futile Strikes. Right now, I have my other 40 rr points pumped into wounds and toughness, but there's also hearty concessions and others to play with.
strange build imo :)
path of glory need some points to boost dmg or am i wrong?

Demonthyr

Post#24 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:29 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:10 pm worst or best thing? is that all builds offensive 2h, deffensive 2h, offensive snb and defensive snb are in same moment good and bad :P thats why pick one is hardest choice on knight in my opinion :P
Why don't you try several builds then ? It's difficult to find the build you would prefer at the first shot, just give it a try, further more several players are giving you builds to try.

Time to earn some gold to be able to respecialize and do your tests ! :P

I recommend you to begin first with defensive builds especially if you don't have yet equipment to switch in case you chosed to be offensive. (If you love the 2H, 2H defensive is still funny to play anyway don't worry ;p)
Kanzen, Knight of the blasing sun / Demonthyr, chosen of the dark gods

kkprfx

Post#25 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:34 pm

Career respecs are here
Gabber

BurbsToo
Banned

Post#26 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:49 pm

Yeah, I'm a strange player. Path of Glory does kinda need a dmg boost. It was supposed to come from the tactic, Mighty Soul, which turns your PoG skills into elemental skills, but it's not as much of a boost as you'd think. Hopefully they change it so that it affects all skills, or move the channel ability to PoG. Right now it's hard to balance because high rr Knights have access to great team buffs and great survive-lord skills already, so if you gave them dps, we would be OP, or so they say. We'll get reworked eventually to include a viable dps spec, but that may be a while down the road. For now, enjoy trolling with your survivability.

facundo7777

Post#27 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:55 pm

BurbsToo wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:49 pm Yeah, I'm a strange player. Path of Glory does kinda need a dmg boost. It was supposed to come from the tactic, Mighty Soul, which turns your PoG skills into elemental skills, but it's not as much of a boost as you'd think. Hopefully they change it so that it affects all skills, or move the channel ability to PoG. Right now it's hard to balance because high rr Knights have access to great team buffs and great survive-lord skills already, so if you gave them dps, we would be OP, or so they say. We'll get reworked eventually to include a viable dps spec, but that may be a while down the road. For now, enjoy trolling with your survivability.
last question. Should we skip strenght aura (and optionally toughness) to play in solo terms? especially with 2h weapon?

BurbsToo
Banned

Post#28 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:08 am

I usually skip the str aura. Knight gets so little in return for increased strength. But it's not a bad aura. It's also defensive. I ran it in the past when the crit % was tied to it. The toughness aura is amazing for a group. But if your toughness is over 900, you won't really need the toughness for yourself. So it really depends on your potions and armor set up.

Ads
Mistweaver

Post#29 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:38 am

This is what I run as SnB and it's very tanky.

Demonthyr

Post#30 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:31 am

facundo7777 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:55 pm last question. Should we skip strenght aura (and optionally toughness) to play in solo terms? especially with 2h weapon?

If you are 2h defensive yes even if i would still use it. But if you don't deal any damage best to go 1H and shield then . . .
If you go offensive it seems logical to use strenght aura. . . Anyway it's often needed to switch auras depending situations.
About toughness it depends if you invest in vigilance path or not, ex : if you go conquest and glory you would have more toughness with a little potion to boost it than with your aura itself.
Kanzen, Knight of the blasing sun / Demonthyr, chosen of the dark gods