Recent Topics

Ads

WP help

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
uanaka

Re: WP help

Post#11 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:38 am

@ajnin420 and @rydiak

First time playing through WAR and I'm playing a WP. I'm curious what the end game viability primarily revolves around? I'm interested in healing, but is there a clear distinction between melee heal or ranged heal specs and how well they perform?

I'm solo leveling for the most part as a 2h dps WP, but I plan to respec and focus on heals once I get higher level.

Ads
ajnin420
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:31 am

uanaka wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:38 am @ajnin420 and @rydiak

First time playing through WAR and I'm playing a WP. I'm curious what the end game viability primarily revolves around? I'm interested in healing, but is there a clear distinction between melee heal or ranged heal specs and how well they perform?

I'm solo leveling for the most part as a 2h dps WP, but I plan to respec and focus on heals once I get higher level.
I would say go Salvation (casted healing) until you start to get up there in levels and comfortability. There is a clear distinction between the 2 other then one being melee and the other being casted. Melee heals is single target and good for keeping a focused target up. casted heals tend to use aoe group heals/cleansing and focus more on keeping the whole group topped off. That said you still have the tools as casted heals to save a player being nuked.

They both preform very well! Salvation is just easier to start with imo as it doesnt require best in slot gear to see solid returns.

Hope this helped!

uanaka

Post#13 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:35 am

Thanks so much, and I meant distinction in is there one that is objectively better than the other? But it seems like you mentioned melee heals is more single target, and casted is primarily cleansing and aoe heals.

I know WP have very good single target heals, but how are they when it comes to aoe group healing as well? I'm not too familiar with the end game skills, but are the aoe group heals target area based? (as in i cast a skill on a specific area, and the area receives heals?) or is the healing from around WP in the center? Hopefully that makes sense.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:41 am

WP aoe based heals all use the caster (you) as the point of origin. Also, go to a career trainer in game and check out the latter game abilities!

As far as viability salvation is going to be the most dependable if you want heal and other players would be glad to have you around as such a WP

uanaka

Post#15 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:46 am

Thanks so much!

Any recommendations or tips on leveling itself? I've been kind of taking it slow doing some quests, RvR, and scenarios. Do WPs eventually get any AOE skills or is it primarily all single target? Just would be nice if I could do some pve farming

Rydiak

Post#16 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:34 am

Smite and Soulfire are your AoE abilities, though Soulfire requires you to be equipped with a two-hander to use.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

uanaka

Post#17 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:36 am

Do I just cycle between the two? Because Smite has a 5sec cd

Flavorburst

Post#18 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:06 am

ajnin420 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:41 am WP aoe based heals all use the caster (you) as the point of origin. Also, go to a career trainer in game and check out the latter game abilities!

As far as viability salvation is going to be the most dependable if you want heal and other players would be glad to have you around as such a WP
Divine strike is your defensive target and the area around him.

Ads
ajnin420
Suspended

Post#19 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:06 am
ajnin420 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:41 am WP aoe based heals all use the caster (you) as the point of origin. Also, go to a career trainer in game and check out the latter game abilities!

Divine strike is your defensive target and the area around him.
Forgot about DS, yes melee heals does have an aoe heal. BUT imo it is not nearly as effective as the salvation aoe heal

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#20 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:34 pm

uanaka wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:36 am Do I just cycle between the two? Because Smite has a 5sec cd

Pretty much, tho SF puts a dot on your target. Smite is just direct dmg.