Recent Topics

Ads

KorBS tips, tricks, and tactics!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ne0Fata1991

KorBS tips, tricks, and tactics!

Post#1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:21 pm

Hello all! First post so be gentle :D .

I started playing about 2 weeks ago and have decided on sticking with my KotBS for my main. My question for all you brilliant people is what are the things you think I should be doing in RvR and SCs as a knight tactics wise and gameplay wise? Who should I be guarding? when should I switch guard? Who should be the target of my wrath?

Also any other tips and tricks you find fun or think more people should know about.

I am sorry if these questions are blatantly obvious to the readers but I just want to improve my game and not just be another “Tank”

Thank you for your time and happy hunting.

Ads
Eathisword

Re: KorBS tips, tricks, and tactics!

Post#2 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:44 pm

For RvR , spam Hold the Line. Wait for wb leader to say MORALE BOMB NOW and do it.

In a small party, get in com, ask who you should guard, punt the guy they tell you to punt. If you do those 2 things right, its a good start. You will learn more with experience, but these are your 2 basic jobs.

For the rest, find some old Enigma, Fusion or Legion of Boom, or Don’t Panic video and emulate what their tanks do.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

anarchypark

Post#3 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:46 pm

general tank tip.
1. tank wall
2. cannon fodder
3. bodyguard
those are main roles.

for guard
if enemy focus your healer, guard him.
if tank is about to die, guard him.
except those, stay on dps.
if dps don't know when to push and pull out or what to hit, find new dps to guard.

taunt to interupt,
challenge to dmg debuff.
shatter enchant to debuff.
hold the line to buff.
those 5 skills are key to master.

knight specific.
they have a lot of free time than other tanks. survival skills are insta, auras are free.
they use this free window to punt things. CC king.
you can find builds by search i think.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ne0Fata1991

Post#4 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:45 am

Thank you all for your tips I really appreciate it!

navis

Post#5 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:39 am

Get into addons like here https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/
-enemy
-paint the leader
-assist
-dufftimer
-cctv
are some good ones for tanks.. lots more out there..

Like mentioned try and be dynamic in play and adapt your tools (guard, challenge, interrupt, etc) to where it's needed. Lots and lots of threads here to read and videos on youtube to watch. This is just advice for generic/random play.. Getting organized is a bit different.
In scenarios know how to move party's, and in general form solid party's both in sc and warband (eg 2-2-2 tank-dps-heal), but 1 knight and his auras 1 per-group minimum..
it's endless imo.

Philsky

Post#6 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:10 pm

Which auras, tactics and morale skills do you guys run in "X" case?

I assume "Focused Mending" is pretty much core in group play along with Banish Darkness?

Dirty tricks does not seem like it is worth putting a point into much less a tactics slot? Am I wrong about that? It looks like some people in the past have recommended it, I assume it use to be stronger than it is now and was nerfed? I can't imagine it stacks...

Is To Victory worth investing a point in? How does ability setback work for normal skills? I know healers get fragile spells that get pushed back %100 of the time but what is the % chance for a normal skill to get set back while building?

Thank you guys,
Easyphil KotBS lvl18

BurbsToo
Banned

Post#7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:18 pm

Yes, focused mending is almost always useful. Banish darkness hasn't left my tactics slot in over a year. Dirty tricks is indeed garbage. To Victory is better for RvR than small play. I usually don't spec for it unless there are 2 knights in the same group. The core auras are really nice, so no real need to pick up more. The resist aura is usually a must.

BurbsToo
Banned

Post#8 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:19 pm

The only time I don't use focused mending is when I have melee healers in my group as focused mending only affects direct heals, and not aoe life-tap heals.

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#9 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 pm

BurbsToo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:18 pm Yes, focused mending is almost always useful. Banish darkness hasn't left my tactics slot in over a year. Dirty tricks is indeed garbage. To Victory is better for RvR than small play. I usually don't spec for it unless there are 2 knights in the same group. The core auras are really nice, so no real need to pick up more. The resist aura is usually a must.

Unless they changed something recently, Dirty Tricks is not garbage since it affects attack crit and heal crit.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#10 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:31 am

Tankbeardz wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 pm
BurbsToo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:18 pm Yes, focused mending is almost always useful. Banish darkness hasn't left my tactics slot in over a year. Dirty tricks is indeed garbage. To Victory is better for RvR than small play. I usually don't spec for it unless there are 2 knights in the same group. The core auras are really nice, so no real need to pick up more. The resist aura is usually a must.

Unless they changed something recently, Dirty Tricks is not garbage since it affects attack crit and heal crit.
DT is good, but I find it difficult to find a slot for it outside of pve and small scale.
That's what I use for ORVR
1. Runefang - must have, never remove in any situation
2. Rugged - big chunk of toughness, pretty much the same, unless farming low lvl mobs

Two options left

3. Gilded shield - prefer gilded shield, because magic damage is the biggest threat to a tank and there's a lot of it
4. Either Banish Darkness or Unwavering Faith. Usually the second, more survivability against sorc and magus damage vs nerfed tactic that you often can't use because more busy holding the line and generally trying not to melt than punting someone

As you can see, no place for DT and Focused Mending
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld