Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] High RR build sugestions

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Musica

Re: [BW] High RR build sugestions

Post#21 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:08 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:05 pm
Now there is a question between Nova (great single target boost) and Burning Head (potentially game changing but rarely used M4 morale).
BH is one of the main point of the build. If you want to give up something for Nova, drop spreading flames. Or don't get Nova since it's not a necessity. Honestly, both Nova and Spreading Flames aren't required. It's a matter of preference between the two.
Dont. Drop. Burning. Head.

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#22 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:15 pm

Okey, have to go now, but I will tell you here about my experiences with your build in days to come :-)
First I need to adapt to a new playstyle.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

beezwax

Post#23 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:03 pm

hey guys, im searching for some assistance too. currently rr60+ and main focus is orvr/keep/fort. specc as followed:

http://www.ror.builders/career/bright-w ... ,3534,3570

no cd flame breath is a nice close quater ae addition with good initial dmg and no cd rof is (for me) a must for keeps and forts. burning head is also a must have, 100 ft range and wisely used it can really help breaking the line.

final point at 70 should go in spreading flames - im very interested in the usability.

my question is for the rr build:

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;002 ... 2000000000

currently my gear mix allows me to drop acumen down to rank 2 (int pot softcaps), but what to specc in the following lvls? im around 7k health and im puzzled, more distrupt, parry or -crit? flat out speccing health seems not the best solution.

would be nice if you guys can give me your opinion!

bloodi
Suspended

Post#24 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:09 pm

The only reason to not run Wildfire and Backdraft is if you are getting Burning head and thats a pretty big IF.

RoR.builders - Bright Wizard

Is the standard build.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 0000000000 RR wise, you get crit, then you get 0% base chance to be critted yourself, then rest into prob deft defender.

The rest are real weird builds that give up too much for too litle (seriously, wildfire alone will outdamage Spread or Any 0 cd RoF tactic).

Thats as long as you are running AoE.

Musica

Post#25 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:28 pm

beezwax wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:03 pm hey guys, im searching for some assistance too. currently rr60+ and main focus is orvr/keep/fort. specc as followed:

http://www.ror.builders/career/bright-w ... ,3534,3570

no cd flame breath is a nice close quater ae addition with good initial dmg and no cd rof is (for me) a must for keeps and forts. burning head is also a must have, 100 ft range and wisely used it can really help breaking the line.

final point at 70 should go in spreading flames - im very interested in the usability.

my question is for the rr build:

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;002 ... 2000000000

currently my gear mix allows me to drop acumen down to rank 2 (int pot softcaps), but what to specc in the following lvls? im around 7k health and im puzzled, more distrupt, parry or -crit? flat out speccing health seems not the best solution.

would be nice if you guys can give me your opinion!
The reason why Fiery Reserves and especially RoF with no CD is not a must it's because RoF does not stack. If one BW is casting RoF at the entrance of the keep, nobody else can use it there. RoF stacking was removed a lot of time ago in live and whenever you are casting rof, not noticing that someone else is casting it, you are contributing 0 to the fight.
Fiery Reserves just makes you lazy, properly rotating skills will net you more damage and more effectiveness overall. Flame Breath spam is literally an AP sink.
As for FtF, it's a really poor tactic. RoF is a mid-tier skill at best. I have no clue why so many people on this server are losing their minds for it.(I do admit it looks cool tho.)
Also, you are going up in the ST tree, and taking crown of fire. Take FFW with that, the damage increase is insane.
Slotting FF will also make you able to cast Fiery Blast while walking at the same speed you always walk and cast it in 1.5, really useful when approaching the fight or relocating, as long as got disrupted(Which sometimes means tryin ignite on a healer as you engage in the fight.)
Also, i with that build you can't take SF. Not enough points.

@Bloodi
Indeed. My personal reason to not like wildfire is because i honestly don't like a 25% chance of getting something. Sure, our abilities hit multiple times, sure the ticks can crit, but meh, 25% is just too low. To make an example, FoR with Crown hits 75% of the time. I really rarely miss the proc, and that's the same chance. My impression with running wildfire is that i'm either hoping for it to proc so the fight ends or they already died and there was no need for it. So, welp, at this point i'm better off just taking the possibility of using range, burst and more sustained over a 1/4 proc.
About backdraft. Yeah, pretty neat skill, but at the same time it's purpose is to basically save your life which, most of the time, it doesn't and also burns a valuable CC that could have been provided by someone in your group, possibly a better one.
Destro is keen on running melee trains, having the option to make use of range and keep up the dps while chasing or backin off it's just too good to pass on.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#26 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 pm

Jsut two things, Wildfire scales with int and can crit, go run a prase with enemy and check how much damage % of your overall damage it is on the long run, its a lot.

And second, backdraft purpose is not to "disengage" is just another thing you can pop out when enemy is around you and has KB inmunity, spcially after a magnet pull, is a lot of damage that you are giving up for a m4 that wil be used probalby, even less.

I can understand you wanting to run a morale drain with Burning Head but that is the only reason to run it, the morale drain and damage of it, overall dps over time, backdraft and wildfire, will nets you a lot more over time than the m4 ever will.

Just a showing on the dummy of how much it can be overall:

When its hitting harder than annihilate, its a good reason to run it.

beezwax

Post#27 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:20 pm

good to know about rof details! flame breath spam is not the goal, pre fight to get combustion up or to finish someone when most (ae) spells are on cd. fan the flames was mostly taken for keep assist with rof, but with your insight ill try ffw.

ff i need to test how i like it.

ah that i have not seen with the points maybe dropping fr or taking nova?

for the rb: not getting crit is fine, but dropping cheap point distrupt and parry which negate all damage is not the best choice.

so far so good some new things to test! hope for more and thanks for the insights.

Musica

Post#28 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:22 pm

bloodi wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 pm Jsut two things, Wildfire scales with int and can crit, go run a prase with enemy and check how much damage % of your overall damage it is on the long run, its a lot.

And second, backdraft purpose is not to "disengage" is just another thing you can pop out when enemy is around you and has KB inmunity, spcially after a magnet pull, is a lot of damage that you are giving up for a m4 that wil be used probalby, even less.

I can understand you wanting to run a morale drain with Burning Head but that is the only reason to run it, the morale drain and damage of it, overall dps over time, backdraft and wildfire, will nets you a lot more over time than the m4 ever will.

Just a showing on the dummy of how much it can be overall:

When its hitting harder than annihilate, its a good reason to run it.
Just taking bits from what i said in my previous post:

" My personal reason to not like wildfire is because i honestly don't like a 25% chance of getting something. Sure, our abilities hit multiple times, sure the ticks can crit, but meh, 25% is just too low."

About the damage:
"My impression with running wildfire is that i'm either hoping for it to proc so the fight ends or they already died and there was no need for it."

Yes, i am well aware of the damage it does as you can see from what i said even before you pointed it out.

Now, as a comparison tho:
Annihilate

FBB

The damage, even with the difference in points, is very similar on annihilate, but FoR hits for way more and everything i lose on your Annihilate base damage, is done by FP.
As for FBB, it's way higher than annihilate, it has the same duration, and it's a ranged following attack that hits aoe and can be used melee or, as i said, ranged.
Once again, i don't doubt for even one second that Wildfire is a very good tactic, but once again, as for sustained damage not up to a proc(1/4) or even just burst, while also having the option to fight at different ranges, it ends up not being that worth.
I wouldn't bet all my chips on a single horse, especially when the gain becomes after a 1/4 chance.

As for backdraft, yeah, i used to do the combo myself sometimes with FC+Backdraft, so i understand your point completely there.

Edit: Forgot to say something, those screens are taken from a single cast of the abilities.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#29 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:29 pm

Musica wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:22 pmI wouldn't bet all my chips on a single horse, especially when the gain becomes after a 1/4 chance.
A 1/4 chance with every ability you hit with, for example, on average, every annihilate will proc it thanks to it hitting every 2 secs, its not something that you sometimes get, its guaranteed on any given burst window as BW.

I can see the utility of other builds but when it comes to damage, wildfire is a must have.

Xergon

Post#30 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:46 am

If you are using Backdraft as MeleeBomb BW in WB/RvR you making disgrace to that class...

one of possible specs:
RoR.builders - Bright Wizard
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube