Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] High RR build sugestions

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Musica

Re: [BW] High RR build sugestions

Post#11 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:07 pm Musica, your posted mastery build (link) didn't work. Can you fix it pls? I would like to look at it and try to analyze it :-)
I just tried the link, it works.

Anyway, i made it again, try now:

RoR.builders - Bright Wizard

Btw, there is another version of this build that you can make, which ends up changing RR build a bit too but it requires a lot of gear and i haven't done all the calculations nor tried it yet.
Last edited by Musica on Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#12 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 am

Thx, worked now.

I am running another path.
ALL instant spells, except Fiery Blast, which i use only at static fights.
Fiery Reserves - insta no CD Flame Breath (good for quick combustion), and Rain of Fire (keep/fort fights)

Plaing with fire, Ignite and Withering Heat - instas for debuf and single target assist key people (healers, Ocara, etc.)
http://www.ror.builders/career/bright-w ... ,3537,3542

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;004 ... 2000000000
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Musica

Post#13 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:09 am

Ninjagon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 am Thx, worked now.

I am running another path.
ALL instant spells, except Fiery Blast, which i use only at static fights.
Fiery Reserves - insta no CD Flame Breath (good for quick combustion), and Rain of Fire (keep/fort fights)

Plaing with fire, Ignite and Withering Heat - instas for debuf and single target assist key people (healers, Ocara, etc.)
http://www.ror.builders/career/bright-w ... ,3537,3542

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;004 ... 2000000000
I think you linked my mastery path.
In orvr doing mostly close combat fight, or funnels, i'm not sure about PWF. I don't really know how to fit it in fights like that. And about WH, considering i use an almost full dot build in scenarios, i am of the idea that WH, while i still use it, it's really a subpar skill in terms of damage and debuff. Also, by going immo tree as second tree you lose out on RoF damage increase, FP and also Nova(That is if you wanted to go for the usual melee build for orvr).
Which looks basically like this:
Fiery Reserves is a lie for lazy people. Once you get Nova and you cast it while approaching the fight(And you cast the dots too.) you are already at top combustion, so no need to pre-warm up with Fire Breath and give up a tactic slot for that.
Last edited by Musica on Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ninjagon

Post#14 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:53 am

Correct one:

Maybe its time to change things, I will consider your build, because I do not play scenarios much now.
Open RvR that's important. There is just not enough time to cast anything. Only insta spells.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Musica

Post#15 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:16 am

Yeah, but all the skills you talked about are channels:

WH : channel
RoF: 10 seconds channel
Annihilate: Channel

The only instants you are casting are:
PWF: HD, no damage
Spreading Flames: Aoe DoT, you have this in my version too.
Ignite, Deto: DoTs, they come with the base build.

The first build i posted uses exactly the same skills. IT only add FBB instead of WH, which is a channel that works exactly like WH and it's instant cast.
It has spreading flames too.
Once again, the builds are the same, my version has just more options and more damage.
The only thing you cast is Fiery Blast and, once again, you cast it only when FF is up so you can cast it while you move and at half the cast time.
On top of that, you get BH for sieging.

Ninjagon

Post#16 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:13 pm

Thx for your arguments, Musica. It all sounds logic and interesting.

But there are some other points too:

The diference between FBB (Fireball Barrage) and WH (Withering Heat) is also in range and speed debuf.
FBB has only 80, WH has 100 ft range. With WH, you can reach target better and slow his speed, which eventually leads to the kill, but yes, its just single target, FBB is AOE, witch can be more viable in warband vs warband play. I will try FBB today for sure.

Ignition - very good tactic to debuff corporeal resistance for you and ALL your mates with your first spell (ignite), but again it's just single target, for assist train.

Flashfire tactic was changed right? Half the time and you can move while casting, still good.

The Burning Head can be game changing in keeps/forts because high singe and AOE damage and AOE morale drain. I have never used this before in combat, will try it too.
Any chance you will get 1 more mastery point at RR80? That way, you could keep BH and Nova too :-)
Anyway, thx and let the testing begins.
Spoiler:

Musica

Post#17 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:19 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:13 pm Thx for your arguments, Musica. It all sounds logic and interesting.

But there are some other points too:

The diference between FBB (Fireball Barrage) and WH (Withering Heat) is also in range and speed debuf.
FBB has only 80, WH has 100 ft range. With WH, you can reach target better and slow his speed, which eventually leads to the kill, but yes, its just single target, FBB is AOE, witch can be more viable in warband vs warband play. I will try FBB today for sure.

Ignition - very good tactic to debuff corporeal resistance for you and ALL your mates with your first spell (ignite), but again it's just single target, for assist train.

Flashfire tactic was changed right? Half the time and you can move while casting, still good.

The Burning Head can be game changing in keeps/forts because high singe and AOE damage and AOE morale drain. I have never used this before in combat, will try it too.
Any chance you will get 1 more mastery point at RR80? That way, you could keep BH and Nova too :-)
Anyway, thx and let the testing begins.
I was wondering if i would get an extra point from RR80, unfo i'm still RR67 and haven't asked anybody about it so i don't know for sure. If we get the extra point, Nova is a good addition for sure.

Btw, don't use this build in soloplay or sc because it makes absolutely nosense and it's garbage. Orvr it's where this build should be used, in wb play.

Edit: I will add something else. Expect it to feel a little strange at the beginning. Common mistakes are usually interrupting channels too early, get stuck casting, failing at acquiring proper targets and poor CD management which are usually things that running a full melee build with Fiery Reserves doesn't require you to pay attention to since you can just spam Flame Breath when you realize you messed up and nothing is ready. It is a little more demanding that the normal melee build and requires more practice but the results are definitely better, Give it a little time for you to adapt, i had the same problems too at the beginning.
Last edited by Musica on Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foltestik

Post#18 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:24 pm

On rr80 is no point for mastery

Ads
Musica

Post#19 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:26 pm

Foltestik wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:24 pm On rr80 is no point for mastery
Unlucky.

Ninjagon

Post#20 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Foltestik wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:24 pm On rr80 is no point for mastery
Too bad :-(
Thx for info, Foltest!

Now there is a question between Nova (great single target boost) and Burning Head (potentially game changing but rarely used M4 morale).

About renown build, I am not sure that a Bright Wizard should spend any points in parry (Reflexes). I have never ever parried anyone as a BW, even with some points in that. Every melee has tons of +hit chance stat on gear. On the other way, Deft Defender is 2x better and important.
And remember, wounds is counter to all damage. For RR80 BW, I prefer something like this:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;004 ... 3000000000
Spoiler: