Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest TANK

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
LiberateInferis

Warrior Priest TANK

Post#1 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:20 am

Is this possible in this game or not?

Ads
Silodin

Re: Warrior Priest TANK

Post#2 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:26 am

You can make a tanky wp, sure. But without guard and hold the line i doubt you would be much help in warband size gameplay.
<Not Good Enough> <NGE>
Silomon 40/80 Knight
Silodone 40/75 Chosen

Wiede

Post#3 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:06 am

The question to ask is: what for? Why you're standing in focus of whole warbands?

Tanks can answer this question, a WP probably cannot.

abezverkhiy

Post#4 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 am

You may probably get 70-80% damage mitigation and some block but you don’t have abilities that help you to avoid being hit. And medium robe does not offer needed amount of armor so you won’t be able to tali roughness effectively.

But you can get relatively hard skin though.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

dalen
Developer

Post#5 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 am

With BiS gear and the Divine Warden & Sigmar's Vision buffs up you can get around 38-40% block & around 50% parry. And at the same time have up to 4k armor (with armor talis in almost all slots). So you can definitely get quite tanky.

But if you mean PvE tanking in a group you will have problems holding aggro. The DoK has access to more hate increase gear than the WP has, as DoK can use for example BG Swords with hate increase.
Source Developer

LiberateInferis

Post#6 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:00 pm

So, I righty understand — in PvE mr. Zigmarite cant be good tank at all, but in PvP it can be possible, or DoK (what is it DoK? Imperium Tanky class?) have special and more fit and good abilities for PvP too?

dalen
Developer

Post#7 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:44 pm

LiberateInferis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:00 pm So, I righty understand — in PvE mr. Zigmarite cant be good tank at all, but in PvP it can be possible, or DoK (what is it DoK? Imperium Tanky class?) have special and more fit and good abilities for PvP too?
You can be pretty survivable in PvP as a WP, but you can't really fulfill the role of a tank as you don't have guard, challenge etc.

DoK is the Disciple of Khaine, the destruction mirror class to WP.
Source Developer

Rydiak

Post#8 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:49 pm

In terms of "shield WP", which is Grace spec, check the link in my signature for a guide.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#9 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Wiede wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:06 am The question to ask is: what for? Why you're standing in focus of whole warbands?

Tanks can answer this question, a WP probably cannot.
Since WP has group heals, and a lot of AoE buffs, strapping in armour and adding a bit extra to the front is doable. A tanky WP is useful in order since they tend to get overpowered by large destro-melee zergs.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charon

Post#10 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 pm

Shield WP should get "guard" ability instead of Sigmars Grace - that would totally change his tactical position in the team and give him more flavor
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)