Gear Set Questions

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Warlogic
Posts: 11

Gear Set Questions

Post#1 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:51 pm

Hey all, I'm a returning player (noob) who has been out of the game for a while. I'm in the process of making 4 Order toons (Tank, Healer, MDPS, RDPS). I'm not in any rush to get to 40, as I'd rather enjoy my time along the way and learn my role with each character, etc. I'm only looking for general advice on how to gear them at different points along the way. I'm not looking for BiS suggestions necessarily, just some combination of easy/quick/effective gear that isn't green. So far this has worked out pretty well for me:

1-12 Decimator
12-15 Havoc and other blue-gold bag drops
17 Keeper's
26-29 Devastator

I realize these won't be the most optimal sets or stats for every career I plan to play, but I will start worrying about BiS and stat optimizations after 38-40. Does anyone have a suggestion for a quicker/easier gear path at these lower levels, or any advice on good sets (and other blue/purple pieces) to obtain up until level 40/how to obtain them? If it's simply the medallion and emblem items, those are easy enough, but I'm unclear on how to get some of the other items, especially at 40. Thanks for any advice! :)
Solarfury - KotBS // Warlogic - WE
Aresenyo - BW // Warlogical - ZEA
Warlogy - WL // Moonfury - SORC
Anastass - AM // Warhulk - BO

Player Level: Huge noob

Ads
User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 631

Re: Gear Set Questions

Post#2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:44 pm

If you get every tier RvR or SC set and SC weapons you will do great. Jewelry, back and belt you can use BoE, info rewards or Renown merchant.

There is more you can do like keepers, epic quests or maybe a PQ set for the right class at the right time. You will have to get more specific about what you are playing to get that specific advice though.

User avatar
carlos
Posts: 156

Re: Gear Set Questions

Post#3 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:18 am

I reckon Stalker set can be a thing aswell (then ofc Bestlord).
https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... R_%26_PvE)
Nbk - Bene Tleilax

Warlogic
Posts: 11

Re: Gear Set Questions

Post#4 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:28 pm

adamthelc wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:44 pm
If you get every tier RvR or SC set and SC weapons you will do great. Jewelry, back and belt you can use BoE, info rewards or Renown merchant.

There is more you can do like keepers, epic quests or maybe a PQ set for the right class at the right time. You will have to get more specific about what you are playing to get that specific advice though.
Thanks for the feedback! I plan to play AM, WL, KotBS and BW. I think AM and BW gear isn't as important along the way. With BW I figure if I'm in a good situation I'll be putting out dmg, and if I'm in a bad situation I'm most likely going to get pwnt no matter what gear I have on - at least as a general rule. AM is kinda the same, good positioning = good heals, an extra 20 willpower won't make much of a difference. With that said, I'm most concerned about gear when it comes to the knight and WL, so if you have more specific suggestions for either of those classes, I'm all ears.
Solarfury - KotBS // Warlogic - WE
Aresenyo - BW // Warlogical - ZEA
Warlogy - WL // Moonfury - SORC
Anastass - AM // Warhulk - BO

Player Level: Huge noob

User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 631

Re: Gear Set Questions

Post#5 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:24 pm

On a WL I would go with keepers gear out of T1. You could also go with obliterator gear and epic shoulders/helm. The crit proc on the shoulders would be decent. Probably go devastator through 30 and a mix of Ruin/mercenary into T4. Get the beast lord quests done when you can.

On a knight it depends on if you are using a great weapon or not. Either way I would do the keeper set. You could again do some mix of obliterator and epic quest items, but I like the armor bonus from the keeper set going into T2.

Then if you using a shield just use whatever RvR set is appropriate for your level. If you are using a great weapon I would get mayhem if you can, but regardless get duelist as quick as you can also.

For jewelery, back, belt and weapons I always just use renown and emblem merchants. If you find something better use it, but to me I dont go chasing those items much. They arent that much better than what you can get from the vendor and you might replace it pretty quickly. The one exception might be if you are doing a lot of RvR and are going for a influence reward. But I have never had much luck getting level appropriate items from influence in RoR.

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 851

Re: Gear Set Questions

Post#6 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Warlogic wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:28 pm
adamthelc wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:44 pm
If you get every tier RvR or SC set and SC weapons you will do great. Jewelry, back and belt you can use BoE, info rewards or Renown merchant.

There is more you can do like keepers, epic quests or maybe a PQ set for the right class at the right time. You will have to get more specific about what you are playing to get that specific advice though.
Thanks for the feedback! I plan to play AM, WL, KotBS and BW. I think AM and BW gear isn't as important along the way. With BW I figure if I'm in a good situation I'll be putting out dmg, and if I'm in a bad situation I'm most likely going to get pwnt no matter what gear I have on - at least as a general rule. AM is kinda the same, good positioning = good heals, an extra 20 willpower won't make much of a difference. With that said, I'm most concerned about gear when it comes to the knight and WL, so if you have more specific suggestions for either of those classes, I'm all ears.

Depends what part of the game you plan to be trying to play with what playstyle.

For healers ORvR is for healing gear, SC’s are for DPS gear, and PvE is a mix (Beastlord is a hybrid set but Sentinel is heal and Bloodlord is DPS for WP/DoK). Typically healers gear more for defenses and heal crit over straight willpower.

For tanks ORvR and PQ sets are for SnB where as SC and PvE gear is for 2H.

For DPS ORvR/PvE is damage oriented gear and SC gear is more survival based.

Stalker Set was worth getting back when T3 was max but now it’s not worth the time unless you are really taking your time to level. Typically if you either RvR or SC the entire way you should be fine with the gear you can buy. For AM, BW, and WL you should be in ORvR enough to get the set you need and SC enough to get your weapon (if you’re winning it takes like an hour or two of SC’s) and then play whichever one you prefer (though winning SC’s with fast pops are is the fastest way to level XP without major AAO and a group carrying you). For Knight play whatever you like more because until 40 there isn’t a major difference between SnB and 2H.
<Montague><Capulet>

Warlogic
Posts: 11

Re: Gear Set Questions

Post#7 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Manatikik wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:28 pm
For healers ORvR is for healing gear, SC’s are for DPS gear, and PvE is a mix (Beastlord is a hybrid set but Sentinel is heal and Bloodlord is DPS for WP/DoK). Typically healers gear more for defenses and heal crit over straight willpower.

For tanks ORvR and PQ sets are for SnB where as SC and PvE gear is for 2H.

For DPS ORvR/PvE is damage oriented gear and SC gear is more survival based.
Thanks man, this really helped clear things up a lot. Didn't realize the gear/stat types would be this linear depending on the type of spec, not something that's immediately obvious when trying to track down this info while not having access to all of the sets for reference. For example, I have not been able to find a gear page anywhere with RoR stats for the Keeper's set for each class, so it's hard to know whether it will be similar for each career or vastly different in ways that can't be predicted without prior knowledge.

On that note, what is the second dungeon available to each faction and what level does it come into play? I know Gunbad, Warpblade, Crypt, etc are all 40+, or at least I think they are. Is there anything akin to the Keeper's set that's obtainable from dungeons later on in T2-T3?
Solarfury - KotBS // Warlogic - WE
Aresenyo - BW // Warlogical - ZEA
Warlogy - WL // Moonfury - SORC
Anastass - AM // Warhulk - BO

Player Level: Huge noob

User avatar
dalen
Posts: 99

Re: Gear Set Questions

Post#8 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Warlogic wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:07 pm
Manatikik wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:28 pm
For healers ORvR is for healing gear, SC’s are for DPS gear, and PvE is a mix (Beastlord is a hybrid set but Sentinel is heal and Bloodlord is DPS for WP/DoK). Typically healers gear more for defenses and heal crit over straight willpower.

For tanks ORvR and PQ sets are for SnB where as SC and PvE gear is for 2H.

For DPS ORvR/PvE is damage oriented gear and SC gear is more survival based.
Thanks man, this really helped clear things up a lot. Didn't realize the gear/stat types would be this linear depending on the type of spec, not something that's immediately obvious when trying to track down this info while not having access to all of the sets for reference. For example, I have not been able to find a gear page anywhere with RoR stats for the Keeper's set for each class, so it's hard to know whether it will be similar for each career or vastly different in ways that can't be predicted without prior knowledge.

On that note, what is the second dungeon available to each faction and what level does it come into play? I know Gunbad, Warpblade, Crypt, etc are all 40+, or at least I think they are. Is there anything akin to the Keeper's set that's obtainable from dungeons later on in T2-T3?
Gunbad can be done from lvl 31 I think, you get bolstered to lvl 40.

But for PvE gear in T2-T3 there's no dungeons, but there's the tracker & stalker sets: https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... nment_Gear
And also the Havoc & Mayhem sets from PQs.

For higher level sets and their stats the best reference is probably Veszal's Minmaxing tool: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29557
Lotharic - RR8x WP
Falinsil - RR7x DoK
Valreci - RR6x WE
Falinirya - RR6x SW
And a whole bunch of other alts

Ads
Warlogic
Posts: 11

Re: Gear Set Questions

Post#9 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:52 pm

dalen wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:13 pm
Warlogic wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:07 pm
Manatikik wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:28 pm
For healers ORvR is for healing gear, SC’s are for DPS gear, and PvE is a mix (Beastlord is a hybrid set but Sentinel is heal and Bloodlord is DPS for WP/DoK). Typically healers gear more for defenses and heal crit over straight willpower.

For tanks ORvR and PQ sets are for SnB where as SC and PvE gear is for 2H.

For DPS ORvR/PvE is damage oriented gear and SC gear is more survival based.
Thanks man, this really helped clear things up a lot. Didn't realize the gear/stat types would be this linear depending on the type of spec, not something that's immediately obvious when trying to track down this info while not having access to all of the sets for reference. For example, I have not been able to find a gear page anywhere with RoR stats for the Keeper's set for each class, so it's hard to know whether it will be similar for each career or vastly different in ways that can't be predicted without prior knowledge.

On that note, what is the second dungeon available to each faction and what level does it come into play? I know Gunbad, Warpblade, Crypt, etc are all 40+, or at least I think they are. Is there anything akin to the Keeper's set that's obtainable from dungeons later on in T2-T3?
Gunbad can be done from lvl 31 I think, you get bolstered to lvl 40.

But for PvE gear in T2-T3 there's no dungeons, but there's the tracker & stalker sets: https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... nment_Gear
And also the Havoc & Mayhem sets from PQs.

For higher level sets and their stats the best reference is probably Veszal's Minmaxing tool: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29557
Thank you, Dalen, and everyone else for the help and info. I'm sure I'll be making some more posts soon about stat caps/breaks and things of that nature.
Solarfury - KotBS // Warlogic - WE
Aresenyo - BW // Warlogical - ZEA
Warlogy - WL // Moonfury - SORC
Anastass - AM // Warhulk - BO

Player Level: Huge noob

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hellc95 and 1 guest