[KotBS] Builds

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Toggle

[KotBS] Builds

Post#1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:19 am

Just hit 40 with my knight. In search of a SnB build for RvR and a 2H build for SCs/roaming. Would also love to hear what people run for farming PvE. Thanks!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Nosun

Re: [KotBS] Builds

Post#2 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:28 am

I am to lazy to link builds but i think you will find the best way to play a Kotbs is a tank and use everything you can for that and to buff your group. You just arent going to put out the dps to be successfull as anything else. Knights are really fun to play you are hard to kill and will simpy outlast people and everyone likes having u in their group because you buff them quite a bit. You can find some good advice on builds though if u search thru the forums. Happy Hunting!!!

DrakkenKal

Post#3 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:45 pm

40/60right now with my 2H. (3 year old character just slow as hell leveling him thanks to my BG and WH distractions lol)

Just respecced out of left tree into right and middle, convert all damage to elemental so a quasi weakdps mirror of the Chosens dps. the dots and getting past armor seems to cause some less experienced players hesitation after a second when they start to see even mild damage ticks from a wetnoodle tank. then you can mega punt them to oblivion or into your dps.

right and middle will buff resistance and toughness for you and the party which is great, and you can also take the healing debuff aura with is good as well.

In RVR you are a support tank. Attach yourself to an MDPS of choice and knockdown/stun/root targets for em while keeping them alive and in the fight.
Then get behind a SnB during defense and spam your AOE root and AOE debuff attacks as a 2nd line tank.

You lack the defensive presence of an S&B but can make up for if you are good at gluing your butt to your mdps and helping haul them out of trouble.

RR wise 2h ALWAYS :
max parry
max disrupt/dodge
get crit reduction to 0%ish chance for crits against you.
Then you can spec into whatever you want offense wise from there.
or double down, add toughness if thats your thing.

Still playing around with this build on a guild mates recommendations and it seems to work better than my last few 2h builds.

Gear wise. just push your way up to vanq and invanders, then mix and match sets to get the most numbers you can in the stats you need. Just make sure you stay relevent to your RR rank with your gear till you settle on play style, role and stat focus you want.

2 vanq,4 inv give you a ton of pure numbers tank wise. at the loss of + parry in the shoulders. but can make up for it elsewhere, like two different plus parry from genisis.

Again grain of salt, many waaaaay better tanks than me. Im a rubbish fluff fan and took WAY too long to hit a viable RR rank lol.

Zxul

Post#4 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:30 am

If I were to actually roll on order toon, think I would try something like that:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3071,3106

Auras resists, heal/ap on def, melee reflect aura for usual roaming, then switch as needed. The combination of melee reflect aura+ Shield of the Sun with double tactic seems to be too good to pass, even with ICD.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

phononHYPE

Post#5 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:19 am

For an SnB knight, here is what is expected of you: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun.

Tactics will be Toughness (for your survival), Banish Darkness (for control, learn what threats to punt or when to punt guards before your team focuses someone), and Focused Mending for the group heal bonus. My last tactics with usually be Emperor's Ward, but many other options are fine too. Aura's are Stay Focused! and Gather Your Resolve! always, with Stand Strong! being my go-to last spot, but AP or -Healing could work just as well. Smashing Counter and Heaven's Fury are more control. Renown points should be Futile Strikes to 0% chance to be crit (every class should be FS to <10%, with a well done rr 70 goal of FS III, Parry IV, +either IV in block or D/D, I favor block. As your ranking up your rr you can play around with these as you see, but it will cost gold. I'm making a second tank (31/30 IB) and went FS III first, and am now working up block. Gear, as you level just try to keep it close to your level and Bolster will keep you fine.

This leaves plenty of options for customization, but IMO the above are the standard. Farming PQs or what ever, I'll use Emperor's Ward, Runefang, and Sun's Blessing + what ever. Use All Out Assault!, On Your Guard!, and Stay Focused!. Your killing the mobs primarily through reflect damage. I have nothing for 2H.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ototo

Post#6 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:22 pm

DrakkenKal wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:45 pm
Spoiler:
40/60right now with my 2H. (3 year old character just slow as hell leveling him thanks to my BG and WH distractions lol)

Just respecced out of left tree into right and middle, convert all damage to elemental so a quasi weakdps mirror of the Chosens dps. the dots and getting past armor seems to cause some less experienced players hesitation after a second when they start to see even mild damage ticks from a wetnoodle tank. then you can mega punt them to oblivion or into your dps.

right and middle will buff resistance and toughness for you and the party which is great, and you can also take the healing debuff aura with is good as well.

In RVR you are a support tank. Attach yourself to an MDPS of choice and knockdown/stun/root targets for em while keeping them alive and in the fight.
Then get behind a SnB during defense and spam your AOE root and AOE debuff attacks as a 2nd line tank.

You lack the defensive presence of an S&B but can make up for if you are good at gluing your butt to your mdps and helping haul them out of trouble.

RR wise 2h ALWAYS :
max parry
max disrupt/dodge
get crit reduction to 0%ish chance for crits against you.
Then you can spec into whatever you want offense wise from there.
or double down, add toughness if thats your thing.

Still playing around with this build on a guild mates recommendations and it seems to work better than my last few 2h builds.

Gear wise. just push your way up to vanq and invanders, then mix and match sets to get the most numbers you can in the stats you need. Just make sure you stay relevent to your RR rank with your gear till you settle on play style, role and stat focus you want.

2 vanq,4 inv give you a ton of pure numbers tank wise. at the loss of + parry in the shoulders. but can make up for it elsewhere, like two different plus parry from genisis.

Again grain of salt, many waaaaay better tanks than me. Im a rubbish fluff fan and took WAY too long to hit a viable RR rank lol.
Are you running something like this build? I'm considering it myself for 2h, but I would definitely switch tactics: Mighty Soul for Sun's Blessing, and maybe Focused Mending for Sunfury. I'm gonna miss Myrmidia's Fury though, it's a very hard hitting attack, but in retrospective most of the skills that you end up using on cooldown are in the right and left trees, with Vicious Slash, Shield of the Sun and Perseverance being pretty much hit-on-cooldown skills, coupled with Stand Strong aura that is a must use, and Shatter Confidence as a nasty surprise. Still I can't see the damage potential even with Mighty Soul, cause there is no self-buff to offensive stats, and Press the Attack aura is in the left tree.

Btw, to people recommending Now's our Chance aura... Just don't. Its pretty terrible range make it as good as useless to debuff any other target than enemy tanks, and it has no team buff either. You would need to drop one of these 4 waaaaay better auras to fill your 3 aura slots to use it: Stand Strong, Press the Attack, Stay Focused (if tactic Focused Mending), and Gather your Resolve. Even as 2h offensive tank, dropping one of those is a nonsense, and if there is a mastery tree aura that would be worthy would be To Glory, but is part of the left tree and so you are forced to drop utility from right tree of knockdown from middle. To be fair, it's not as good as the things that you have to drop to get it.

EDIT: To put the last paragraph into perspective, here is a wannabe rr70 build with To Glory, and here is a base build with Now's our Chance so you can see that it doesn't lead to anything interesting. That point would be way better used, in example, in a tactic in the left tree and then picking Vigilance.
Spoiler:

zulnam

Post#7 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:29 am

So, now that Stay Focused! has been nerfed, what are my snb homies running with?

I'm running this build with Toughness, Resist and To Glory! auras (AP pump/drain).

Not sure about Guilded Shield but doesn't feel like there's anything good besides it to use (Punt tactic seems bugged to me, cd is still 20s). Maybe will pick up Dirty Tricks when i get RR50.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ototo

Post#8 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:36 am

zulnam wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:29 am So, now that Stay Focused! has been nerfed, what are my snb homies running with?

I'm running this build with Toughness, Resist and To Glory! auras (AP pump/drain).

Not sure about Guilded Shield but doesn't feel like there's anything good besides it to use (Punt tactic seems bugged to me, cd is still 20s). Maybe will pick up Dirty Tricks when i get RR50.
I'm not running Heaven's Fury anymore. It's only a good pick-up target movement, and it was kind of good cause of the idea or reaching Runefang. Turns out that Runefang without strength is pure trash, not worthy the invest in points or the tactic slot, and that being the underdog people spam hard CCs, so they use to be immune to Heaven's Fury. I'm not even missing it anymore, honestly. Instead I'm running with Myrmidia's Fury. I don't use shield much now being the underdog out of sieges/forts, and even then I prefer Banish Darkness over Glided Shield, and if so I prefer to respect and get Coordination in the mid tree to build as a turtle. It's useful to punt guards, or to punt glassy destro in your 2nd line out of its guard and heals.

I'm respeccing mostly like this:
* Forts really need shield and high disrupt. No point in saying otherwise.
* Keep Defense, or turtle in general.
* Swiss Knife for my play style. Flexible for WB, scenario/small scale, PvE. As long as I adjust the auras correctly to the situation, it allows for 2h and SnB.
* Ultra-turtle, which may have its uses still, but I really miss Banish Darkness here so I barely spec this.
Spoiler:

Ads
Foltestik

Post#9 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:17 am

this is good 2 hand party / sc build (no loldps)
RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

for RvR warband - it doesnt matter to much just hold the line and dont die :)

Marawo

Post#10 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:42 am

So many underwhelming wb specs in this thread, if you run in a wb your job isn't to be the last man standing it's to keep your wb alive without being too squishy.
This is your core for WB
Please do your healers and dps a favour and get "dirty tricks" it has pretty much an uptime of 100% during the fight since it procs from your blocked guardhits as well. Dirty tricks buffs dps critchance and HEAL critchance of your grp which is massive.

It synergises with "focused mending" (mind that you need to run the aura) in an exponential relation.
Basically what you do with those 2 tactics is that you outsource your tankbulk by buffing the heals recieved in your grp and by healcritbuffing the healers in your grp. Because your healers heal more, the rest of your grp has more sustain as a result as well, this is very good.

Pump your mastery points into "Path of glory" to increase your resistance aura, you know how everyone say magic damage is too op, well knight has the most potent general resistance buff if you dump points in this tree (378 points at 13 mastery).
Again higher resistance for whole grp = grp more stable = you a better tank.

But you gotta care for yourself as well and having a good but renowncheap bulk isn't all that easy
renown 40 discountbuild
you might wanna say "ah but shouldn't I get max deft defender" I say NO, since you are on a budget.
get gilded shield that way you get 18% disrupt for 1 tactic and 1 renown instead of 20 renown. Stacking dodge on order is for a special almost extinct enemy type (ranged SH). Also get rugged since you are low and probably run ruin or annihilator.
Get full Ruin set if you can, its the best set you can wear as a SnB knight until Conquerer set.

After you rise in ranks and fame invest more points into parry and dodge/disrupt and swap out gilded shield for whatever you like/need.

Your healers dont run ap pumps?
-get "Bellow commands" or convince your healer their ap pumps synergise with your dirtytricks critproc and are far superior.

Your dps are absolute glasscannons and the guarddamage hits you harder than any enemy ever could?
-Slot "coordination" to increase guardparryrate

Everyone in your grp actually plays a halfdecent build?
-get "Banish Darkness" it increases the puntrange of your "Repel darkness" and is a pretty useful tool to displace enemy keytargets,
also its fun to use.

You can exchange some points in path of glory to get "Heavens Fury" which is an aoe stagger and best used as A) stopping an ambush/flank in their advance buying time for your wb to realize the threat or B) as an aoe dismount, hard cc always dismounts.

The aura "nows our chance" is pretty useful if you have 2 knights in your grp,your auras are overlapping and you guard some melee dps who should go for enemy healers.

Pack some AP potions, not only health potions. You can get 2 sets (crafted/officer) of ap pots each with only 1 minute CD so you can chug those all day. Interrupting you HTL from time to time helps you ap management as well since the ap regenticks wont fire during a channel. "Perserverance" is a good ap source as well.