Recent Topics

Ads

Worst class.... WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Hardkoar
Suspended

Re: Worst class.... WH

Post#71 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:27 pm

WH its a ganking/duelist class, mostly suited to play solo / small scale.
No it's not the worst class, you are just using it the wrong way, It's like trying to use a spoon to eat pizza...

But when you put the WH in the hands of a true assassin nothing will ever beat u 1v1.

Repel Blasphemy /thread

Ads
Nadril21

Post#72 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:56 pm

WH/WE in a nutshell - the more people involved in a fight, the less useful you become.

IMO the current damage WH/WE does is acceptable, no more and no less. Its good damage and you can burst down alot of classes, but outside of 1v1 and small skirmishes your uses are so limited its not worth it to most players. Like prior posters have pointed out, your not a priority heal and its very unlikely you will get a guard. You have the armor of a BW/Sorc but somehow are suppose to melee. This would be a warranted trade off if you could actually just explode anyone you wanted too, but you cant.

Forts and eventually Cities, you are by far the most useless class on the field. I think thats where alot of people get discouraged from the class, because you dont fill any distinct purpose that another class cannot do better.

TLDR: WH/WE either needs a slight damage boost (Crit tactic or Inc heal debuff core ability?) or RVR utility (Bring back AOE TB/RA?) or increased survivability.
Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior

Babanim

Post#73 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:33 am

To me, WH/WE lost their identity as the sneaky assassin class. Now they are just another generic MDPS that needs guard and pocket heals to perform in a battle.

You can no longer stealth to the enemy backline and take out a squishy caster. You can no longer make solo plays to turn the tide of the battle which is a big turn off.

Also, stealth ability is really restrictive with the 30 seconds duration and cooldown. I'm not pleased with the direction the 2 classes took.

popperz

Post#74 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:30 am

Nadril21 wrote: TLDR: WH/WE either needs a slight damage boost (Crit tactic or Inc heal debuff core ability?) or RVR utility (Bring back AOE TB/RA?) or increased survivability.
Core HD is a good idea. Especially if a long duration one to be able to apply to target and guarding tank by switching (no aoe). Touching crit/dmg/armor will disbalance 1v1 imo.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

Sulorie

Post#75 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:32 pm

Babanim wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:33 am To me, WH/WE lost their identity as the sneaky assassin class. Now they are just another generic MDPS that needs guard and pocket heals to perform in a battle.

You can no longer stealth to the enemy backline and take out a squishy caster. You can no longer make solo plays to turn the tide of the battle which is a big turn off.

Also, stealth ability is really restrictive with the 30 seconds duration and cooldown. I'm not pleased with the direction the 2 classes took.
The stealth cd/duration was like this on live as well.
WE/WH were poor in warband play on live too.
In a warband fight it doesn't matter whether you kill 1 healer in the backline, not to mention that you can't solo kill properly specced and geared healers, especially not within a warband. None of this has changed from live, despite the past tactic and skill changes.
Dying is no option.

Tsuna92

Post#76 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:09 pm

So much hatred towards WH.
I am currently playing a WH and it is true that in a WB the role of a WH is weird.
The idea of building accusations with Snare Shot to have some range Execution like Dragon Roar or such is great i think.
WH imo is a niche class with specific role , such as ganking last guy of a full party or defend postern and gank late arrival in a keep attack.

Sorry for my bad english :).

Anyways i love the class and the gameplay even if its not the Best class to have in a wb for sure.
Tsuburn RR81 BW

popperz

Post#77 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:32 am

Tsuna92 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:09 pm WH imo is a niche class with specific role , such as ganking last guy of a full party
Disappointment awaits you. You will not be able to solo kill somebody in a party unless the party is afk. Not enough burst.
The defense is a lot cheaper than offense (f.e. futile strikes vs crit, armor stacking, parry/block, etc), so there is no way.

You will also struggle solo (1v1) with regen duel chosens or deftard tanks, def maras, def WE's with WB spec, ALL healers if they know what are they doing.
But there is a significant number of people playing casually, so you will be able to compensate your inevitable losses on them.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

oldone

Post#78 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:44 am

WH and WE are strictly for ganking AFKers in castles.

Ads
StrongUn

Post#79 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 am

New WH META insta m1 + repel blasphemy + riposte ftw

barracuda approves it XD

Tsuna92

Post#80 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:49 pm

StrongUn wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 am New WH META insta m1 + repel blasphemy + riposte ftw

barracuda approves it XD
meh :o.
popperz wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:32 am
Tsuna92 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:09 pm WH imo is a niche class with specific role , such as ganking last guy of a full party
Disappointment awaits you. You will not be able to solo kill somebody in a party unless the party is afk. Not enough burst.
The defense is a lot cheaper than offense (f.e. futile strikes vs crit, armor stacking, parry/block, etc), so there is no way.

You will also struggle solo (1v1) with regen duel chosens or deftard tanks, def maras, def WE's with WB spec, ALL healers if they know what are they doing.
But there is a significant number of people playing casually, so you will be able to compensate your inevitable losses on them.
So what's the solution to improve WH?
Tsuburn RR81 BW