Recent Topics

Ads

Worst class.... WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Twohandernoob

Re: Worst class.... WH

Post#81 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:55 pm

Tsuna92 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:49 pm
StrongUn wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 am New WH META insta m1 + repel blasphemy + riposte ftw

barracuda approves it XD
meh :o.
popperz wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:32 am
Tsuna92 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:09 pm WH imo is a niche class with specific role , such as ganking last guy of a full party
Disappointment awaits you. You will not be able to solo kill somebody in a party unless the party is afk. Not enough burst.
The defense is a lot cheaper than offense (f.e. futile strikes vs crit, armor stacking, parry/block, etc), so there is no way.

You will also struggle solo (1v1) with regen duel chosens or deftard tanks, def maras, def WE's with WB spec, ALL healers if they know what are they doing.
But there is a significant number of people playing casually, so you will be able to compensate your inevitable losses on them.
So what's the solution to improve WH?
They dont fit well in warbands. Shoehorning them in historically is semi useful at best.

There are other dps who are better for small scale. That said WH/WE are more suited for this than warbands by far.

Their best role and the one that really suits them above other classes is solo roaming/ganking as they have stealth and effective ways to attenpt to disengage (or not if kamikaze is your thing).

The trouble is they are increasingly less effective at their best role as more sets/def sets and mixing sets came into play. So the buff needs to be here on burst/ST dmg. Enough so we can pose a threat to healrers especially, and enough to pose a threat to def specced sets.

If the worry is that they'll become OP in small scale, it shouldn't be. In small scale there are many mitigating factors to offset a small increase in burst that would be effective on targets alone but not imbalance small scale. And if it makes stealthers a little better for small scale also, that is needed too.

Ads
cattlebruiser

Post#82 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:03 pm

Just hunt Witch Elves and you'll do fine, it's in the name.

FrankBoss

Post#83 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:24 pm

Wanna know what I hate about video games and people, especially when you're new or returning?

ACRONYMS! I HATE WHEN PEOPLE do this.

Worst class is "WH"... so WarHammer?

Just type it out bro. It helps with search algorithms if you type it out fully that way if I'm searching on Google it will pull this up.

Now I have to leave this, ask what WH means. GO ohh Ok :D then come back here. By then I'm already distracted by something else lol! Please help us all and type out the entire word of what you are describing as the worst class :)

Skullgrin

Post#84 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:42 pm

StrongUn wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 am New WH META insta m1 + repel blasphemy + riposte ftw

Thats odd, I thought the current solo Meta for Witch Hunters was Declare Anathema + Incognito then using flee after 30 seconds...

:P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Sarnai

Post#85 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:11 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Thats odd, I thought the current solo Meta for Witch Hunters was Declare Anathema + Incognito then using flee after 30 seconds...

I'll let you know how my experimental 'Stack Ballistic Skill + Spam Snapshot' build goes.
WH looking for gunbad left

Skullgrin

Post#86 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:20 pm

Sarnai wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:11 pm I'll let you know how my experimental 'Stack Ballistic Skill + Spam Snapshot' build goes.

Note to self - get more % to dodge. :D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

StrongUn

Post#87 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:23 pm

Sarnai wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:11 pm
Skullgrin wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:42 pm

I'll let you know how my experimental 'Stack Ballistic Skill + Spam Snapshot' build goes.
No joking, saw few witch elves killing people by throwing daggers :lol:

I repeat, no jokin

Xergon

Post#88 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:25 am

Tsuna92 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:49 pm

barracuda approves it XD
meh :o.
popperz wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:32 am
Tsuna92 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:09 pm WH imo is a niche class with specific role , such as ganking last guy of a full party
Disappointment awaits you. You will not be able to solo kill somebody in a party unless the party is afk. Not enough burst.
The defense is a lot cheaper than offense (f.e. futile strikes vs crit, armor stacking, parry/block, etc), so there is no way.

You will also struggle solo (1v1) with regen duel chosens or deftard tanks, def maras, def WE's with WB spec, ALL healers if they know what are they doing.
But there is a significant number of people playing casually, so you will be able to compensate your inevitable losses on them.
So what's the solution to improve WH?

Reroll to White Lion or Assault Shadow Warrior.

Whats good about WH atm is that if you losing fight (which you will do most of the time) you can Vanish and Run Away, unless you have milion dots from SH or Magus which will kill you in stealth cuz you cannot drink potions in it.

There is atm some semi viable moral buff/drain spec, which has some viability in current City Sieges instances, but to run it you need 70RR and top tier gier, and even then, you will almost break your fingers on keyboard trying to use every proper ability in occuring situation, just to barely catch up with average/lowbie BW/SL in damage or killblows, and when you press scoreboard you will keep asking yourself, why i didnt roll BrightWizard or Slayer who can mindlessly spam AoE and get easy kills, or even WhiteLion who performs much better in CS...
At least your not worse class for City, SW is in worst position atm...

But hey, maybe one day, maybe one day...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#89 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:02 am

Unfortunately, RoR leans more towards defensive play, and long fights. where AoR was about quick kills, in short 5 seconds or less fights. AoR used to have crit buffs, in RoR, they nerfed those to nothing. Not even crit tallies. (And for those of you reading this that played AoR, ... NO..Crit was not too high in AoR, and the 5 second fight was THE BEST thing ever). Because of this, WE/WH players are left with one option.
WE's go full Deff, and usually work in pairs to make up for lost dps.
WH's rely on parry, and deff specs.

Then there is the occasional glass canon WH (WE players too chicken to do this). A glass cannon WH is rr70 or higher, in full INV or INV/SOV (Offensive spec SOV sucks for WH as a full set as it buffs the tree with dragon gun/AoE tree, but I expect a WARLORD/SOV combo to be pretty good).

Long story short; Set your renown into ST and CRIT.
IF you have a good connection to server and can play the positional game, use Burn Away Lies as your finisher. If your connection is poor and you lag even a little go up the middle tree and use Exit Wounds (with armor and heal debuffs).

Play Style till you hit rr 70;
Lurk. Follow destro pug warbands and soak up any one hangs back or goes afk.
You will die a lot. Get used to it. Even over 70 rr you will die a lot. We are WH's that's what we do :) BUT... if you get your kill it is worth it.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Twohandernoob

Post#90 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:12 am

drmordread wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:02 am (Offensive spec SOV sucks for WH as a full set as it buffs the tree with dragon gun/AoE tree
Nope. Take another look.