Recent Topics

Ads

Worst class.... WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
popperz

Re: Worst class.... WH

Post#21 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:38 am

Dev's could consider:
  • Return stealth like it was on live. Now trying to kill in a backline is suicidal. Impossible to re-stealth. Even a pet is enough to prevent stealth.
  • Add a stackable incoming heal debuff to all executions/finishers, but cleanse-able by all healers. One execution = 25%, which if no cleanses performed would give 100% in ~10 sec if you try hard with low mechanic points (low dmg). One cleanse and you have to start over
Compared to other melee dps WH is definitely not worth the spot. Indeed the squishiest, but the damage I guess comparable to other classes. Nevertheless, it is easily countered with positioning/knockback/knockdown. After the feinted positioning ability is over (and has 1m cooldown), this is it. Just don't show your back and you can laugh at the numbers :)
However, giving more damage would make 1v1 bad. Giving more armor is just not appropriate for the class and would make def WEs even more retarded. Utility is what is lacking. And stackable heal debuff in my opinion would fill the void.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

Ads
wachlarz

Post#22 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:37 am

popperz wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:38 am Dev's could consider:
  • Return stealth like it was on live. Now trying to kill in a backline is suicidal. Impossible to re-stealth. Even a pet is enough to prevent stealth.
  • Add a stackable incoming heal debuff to all executions/finishers, but cleanse-able by all healers. One execution = 25%, which if no cleanses performed would give 100% in ~10 sec if you try hard with low mechanic points (low dmg). One cleanse and you have to start over
Compared to other melee dps WH is definitely not worth the spot. Indeed the squishiest, but the damage I guess comparable to other classes. Nevertheless, it is easily countered with positioning/knockback/knockdown. After the feinted positioning ability is over (and has 1m cooldown), this is it. Just don't show your back and you can laugh at the numbers :)
However, giving more damage would make 1v1 bad. Giving more armor is just not appropriate for the class and would make def WEs even more retarded. Utility is what is lacking. And stackable heal debuff in my opinion would fill the void.
Wh dont have incoming and outgoing healdebuff ?

kylem20

Post#23 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:01 pm

When you say the worst sounds bad...why? There are many classes...its normal than one class is better than other. One of them must be the worst, but that is not bad....im pushing a wh rr 56 now and is so funny to play and viable. Its not a WL, its not a SW... its WE better? Maybe yes...they are different. I think that the class no need a buff. Bullet mechanic is worde than WE kiss....multiproc WE is so OP. But WH have a different play style more funny that is working good.

kryss

Post#24 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:12 pm

You are judging a class for its WB appeal. Well, WH is clearly not meant for that, as we all say and know, but they are a rewarding class if played solo. I got a rr77 one (was 100 on live) and I find it the most rewarding class: it's strong but not OP in 1 vs 1, if u want to win all your fights (and you can, even 1 vs 2 or even 1 vs 3 if they're rlly bad) you need to gear/play well. Meaning switch tactics according to enemy classes (sometimes players, if you know-learn their spec), etcetc. If you do this, well I think it's one of the best solo experience you can have here on ror. WB? well, I'd like to have Dragon gun reverted to the previous moral drain numbers, so even WHs might be relevant in endgame content

Nidwin

Post#25 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:16 pm

Fey wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:14 am This probably isn't the best spot, but I'm wondering if I can try out Exit Wounds as a low rr WH with terrible gear(duelist). Or should I stay with BaL?

Pet the topic I noticed my jagged edge hitting for more than auto attacks, but my str is only 800 and it was a monstro Mara. Class might need some love, but it's the coolest class in the game.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4367,4356

Trial by Pain as your main finisher (just learn and get used to 30ft straffing) and abso spam if target not dead.
You can swap Flowing Acusations for Riposte and see what you prefer.
You can also start with using mainly Razor Strike and add Torment later on once used to have 2 spammers.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ototo

Post#26 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:23 pm

Fey wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:14 am This probably isn't the best spot, but I'm wondering if I can try out Exit Wounds as a low rr WH with terrible gear(duelist). Or should I stay with BaL?

Pet the topic I noticed my jagged edge hitting for more than auto attacks, but my str is only 800 and it was a monstro Mara. Class might need some love, but it's the coolest class in the game.
Exit Wound is just not a very good execution. I would stick to the Path of Judgment. In the end you are going to use a lot of Torment, so that's a plus.
Spoiler:

kryss

Post#27 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Nidwin wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:16 pm

Trial by Pain as your main finisher (just learn and get used to 30ft straffing) and abso spam if target not dead.
You can also start with using mainly Razor Strike and add Torment later on once used to have 2 spammers.
Spec
low rank
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4368,6103

dueler (you got a lot of tools to play with)
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=4395&t=

rr70 you can go Judge/conf to get blessed blades for a good BAL+trial by pain combo, but you get less defence/attack potential (SoD, RB)

Skills and tactics:
Razor strike is not a very good idea, always spam torment with FP even if you're not speccing Judgement as a first tree. It is mandatory to ignore as much armor as you can, moreso now that all classes are getting more and more armor with the new sets.
Also don't use Flowing Accusation, especially if you're undergear or low rr: there are better tactics, and this is unreliable. I'd only use it if I could unslot brute force (maybe with future sets it won't be needed to cap str, I dunno).

low rank spec: BF, flanking, blessed blades, FC and you're good to go.

Additionaly, and especially for dueleer builds, you can go:
vs melee: cheese it out and go BF, Riposte, FC, RS: pop repel after your openers and profit. It's dispellable but I still have yet to see someone do it, even supposedly "good" players are not trying. The best ones will probably see the buffhead icon and try to kite you away till the 5 secs expire, but if you got a high parry rate riposte will do it's job anyway

cookie cutter setup: BF, flanking, IF, FC: you can pump up a lot of dmg with this, useful for group settings/multiple encounters and when you know you'll get added. Can never go wrong with this, especially if you have a good crit % and rely on some procs

casters, shams, zealots: BS, flanking, vindication, FC: openers, then pop SOD and get that joicy 35% buff to your dmg. They will melt when they try to stagger or punt you away

Ototo

Post#28 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:27 pm

kryss wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Spec
low rank

rr70 you can go Judge/conf to get blessed blades for a good BAL+trial by pain combo, but you get less defence/attack potential (SoD, RB)

Skills and tactics:
Razor strike is not a very good idea, always spam torment with FP even if you're not speccing Judgement as a first tree. It is mandatory to ignore as much armor as you can, moreso now that all classes are getting more and more armor with the new sets.
Also don't use Flowing Accusation, especially if you're undergear or low rr: there are better tactics, and this is unreliable. I'd only use it if I could unslot brute force (maybe with future sets it won't be needed to cap str, I dunno).

vs melee: cheese it out and go BF, Riposte, FC, RS: pop repel after your openers and profit. It's dispellable but I still have yet to see someone do it, even supposedly "good" players are not trying. The best ones will probably see the buffhead icon and try to kite you away till the 5 secs expire, but if you got a high parry rate riposte will do it's job anyway

cookie cutter setup: BF, flanking, IF, FC: you can pump up a lot of dmg with this, useful for group settings/multiple encounters and when you know you'll get added. Can never go wrong with this, especially if you have a good crit % and rely on some procs

casters, shams, zealots: BS, flanking, vindication, FC: openers, then pop SOD and get that joicy 35% buff to your dmg. They will melt when they try to stagger or punt you away
I use these specs, but I have been told repeatedly that I have no idea of the class and that all my kills are imaginaries, so expect A LOT of backlash for posting the same builds that I did, and giving the same advices that I did. Seems that neither of us have any idea of the class.

I would only change in your duel build this: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=6103&t= Blessed Blade is nuts. You will spam Absolution with +50% armor penetration, specially if you have Flowing Accusations. To a lesser point, it allows you to go full strength in the gear instead of mixing weapon skill, so you may be able to drop Brute Force.
Spoiler:

Ads
Sulorie

Post#29 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:51 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:37 am Wh dont have incoming and outgoing healdebuff ?
Arguing against someone with reasonable arguments is considered hate-speech nowadays, be careful. :lol:
Dying is no option.

kryss

Post#30 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:59 pm

Ototo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:27 pm
kryss wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Spec
low rank

Skills and tactics:

I use these specs, but I have been told repeatedly that I have no idea of the class and that all my kills are imaginaries, so expect A LOT of backlash for posting the same builds that I did, and giving the same advices that I did. Seems that neither of us have any idea of the class.

I would only change in your duel build this: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=6103&t= Blessed Blade is nuts. You will spam Absolution with +50% armor penetration, specially if you have Flowing Accusations. To a lesser point, it allows you to go full strength in the gear instead of mixing weapon skill, so you may be able to drop Brute Force.
I don't think you can reach str cap with current gear and no BF. Mayyybe if you mix 2 invader 3 BL vanq and senti with full +24, but I think it's not possible yet.
Blessed is interesting, I tried it but I still think that you'll do more dmg with BAL+vindication against casters. And tanks you can kill them anyway if you play well. Abso spam is funny, but I don't like to rely on 50% chance of flowing