Recent Topics

Ads

Worst class.... WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
xanderous

Re: Worst class.... WH

Post#51 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:27 am

Raldoran wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:22 pm Now maybe i'm missing something but i've looked through the trees and career builder and other than pistol whip and the snare on your basic shot I cant see any cc at all, am I missing something or are there other CC abilities available
Pistol shot: spammable range snare
Declarable annathema: self punt and stuns any melee hitting you
Expurgation: M4 aoe snare (probably rarely gets used)

(Technically not "crowd control" abilities but people tend to lump these in with them)
Confess: single target disarm
Silence the heretic: single target silence

I don't play witchhunter.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
adamthelc

Post#52 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:49 am

Raldoran wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:22 pm I have just started playing WH and whilst i'm enjoying alot of the class i'm getting very frustrated with some parts of it. I was reading through this thread and one of the statements near the start says

"The reason is the stealth and the many crippling CCs at their disposal, combined with a huge burst damage"

Now maybe i'm missing something but i've looked through the trees and career builder and other than pistol whip and the snare on your basic shot I cant see any cc at all, am I missing something or are there other CC abilities available
Dragon Gun is a knock down, Silence the Heretic is a silence, Confess is a disarm and Declare Anathema is a stagger.

Electus

Post#53 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:15 am

Nidwin wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:37 am
Electus wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:03 am Interesting Discussion, kind of makes me wish I still had my WH.

to the OP hang in there. sometimes it gets rough but in those times is where you try differtent specs and approaches. you will find something that works.

i miss this game.
Yep, just find your way and enjoy it.

Damn you,
I do miss these encounters between a mean and nasty SW and my Magus.
We've had some great times sir haven't we
Skyelfer/ Pronouns / Cancel / Kennypowers / Implants / Hobbs

harkerkane

Post#54 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:14 pm

Make critical damage 100 % for we and wh core . Simple. It will gave a tactic slot and will make the archetype playable without losing a slot for decent damage. Stealth or armor dont have to be changed

Twohandernoob

Post#55 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:32 pm

harkerkane wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:14 pm Make critical damage 100 % for we and wh core . Simple. It will gave a tactic slot and will make the archetype playable without losing a slot for decent damage. Stealth or armor dont have to be changed
This is the buff we need, but not the one we deserve.

adamthelc

Post#56 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:39 pm

Making it core isnt a terrible idea, but bring it to 100% is a pretty big buff. Might be over the top.

harkerkane

Post#57 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:03 pm

The tactic bring it at 100 you know.

adamthelc

Post#58 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Why stop there? Why not make it exactly like the BW/Sorc mechanic and give them 35% crit as well, but leave out the backlash damage. Should also probably give them extra range on their finishers. What a fun way to balance.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#59 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:30 pm

I'd maybe prefer seeing the career mechanic of 5 stacks, each stack increasing crit modifier by 15% or so, up to a maximum of +75% (base is 1.5crit modifier with 5 variance, so up to 2.25).
Why - it's a light armor melee class and is actually supposed to achieve gank burst and nuke 1-2 target at a time before getting swarmed to death. Sorc/BW mechanic is similar in crit increasing + modifier, except they get to do it from range and 1-2 HoT is often enough to take care of the downside. And all 4 are equally low on armor/toughness.
But because everything needs a downside, have dmg taken increase by 5% for each mechanic point up, up to 25% more dmg taken (or maybe that and chance to be crit also rising by 5 per mechanic point, so even more punishing - against which you can manage somewhat with above average initiative stacking options etc). So you have to balance between going high for crits and burst, or taking too much dmg and using finishers as soon as 2-3 points are able to be spent.

Get rid of the one tactic that is semi-forced into any functional spec that doesnt involve going full ripostetard and maximizing parry to the win as enemies kill themselves.
New decade, new builds - without all requiring that one damned tactic if you actually want to do dps?

kylem20

Post#60 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:04 pm

No words...wh is not the worst class, no need that changes!