Recent Topics

Ads

[Brightwizard] Bombling's compendium

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kewlgui

Re: [Brightwizard] Bombling's compendium

Post#51 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:21 pm

The best guide I have ever read. Thank you very much.

Ads
yvandureve02200

Post#52 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:48 pm

Last edited by yvandureve02200 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

wonshot

Post#53 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:05 am

Made a slight update on combustion section:
"If you are applying a ticking DoT, or timebomb and increase your Combustion bracket from the moment you applied the ability and reach a higher bracket by the time the damage comes, the damage will scale up and hit the higher critchance/damage values."

And added a tips & tricks for Annihilate:
"The channel will tick 3 times during the duration but the 3rd tick comes before the channel ends. So stopping the channel around this point you still get maximum damage without wasting time for the last ⅓ of the ability" Picture included to show where you can cancel the channel.

Added Boilingblood tip & trick:
"Boilingblood have a debuff component to willpower and it makes it a debuff type ability and not a Directdamage ability, and hence cant proc stuff that requires Directdamage"
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Flowson
Game Artist

Post#54 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:17 am

@Bombling,

simply the Best BW Compendium out there. Thanke you big time for keeping this Updated!

wonshot

Post#55 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:18 am

Updated:

-Did some very minor editing on wording here and there.
-Did some changes to the RR 80 and BiS gearing options. Included Ranked season2 gear(!)
- Added a line or two about Vale-walker set in the Gearing roadmap.

Added the following tip & trick:
"Buffing yourself and your group with Flameshield before Flames of Rhuin will make destro players who attempt to remove your Enchantments, remove Flame shield before the more important Flames of Rhuin buff on the buff-list."
I am Debating doing a "ranked" addition to the compendium. But for several reasons will I probably not do either that, or play Ranked myself.
For now all I can say is DO NOT QUEUE RANKED WITH AN AOE BUILD!
I also almost finished farming Vale-walker set to see if it would fit into gearing options, but it is barely worth it unless you have quested and pve'd your way to lvl 40 with no RR to equip any pvp sets.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Dansegrise

Post#56 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:36 am

Thanks a lot for the hard work, i followed this guide for my BW and have learned tons of stuff ! Large UP from France!

Hazak

Post#57 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:28 am

Many thanks to Bombling for sharing his knowledge in such a nice guide. Was exteremely useful and valuable. Thank you.
LeChef - RR83+ SM
Heat - RR80+ BW

Spectre013

Post#58 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:10 am

How is performing the BW nowadays in cities? and which spec you would recomend?
and for scenarios? I was thinking about this spec. (single target ofc) https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 61,3563&t=

Ads
wonshot

Post#59 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:50 pm

Spectre013 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:10 am How is performing the BW nowadays in cities? and which spec you would recomend?
and for scenarios? I was thinking about this spec. (single target ofc) https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 61,3563&t=
Brightwizard in aoe build, is still a class that provides pretty much 100% dmg only. Meaning it has low survivability, mobility and crowdcontrol. You can probably do well in 24v24 city instances, but overstacking this class is no longer a viable way of doing cities on Order. As utility and getting the best from each career is far more valueable in the current meta.

Singletarget build looks decent for a starting lower RR build. You have the right idea about timestamping.

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask, or got consturctive critisism or feedback.

Theisen

Post#60 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:12 am

This Guide is very comprehensive and really dived into why to do certain attacks and wear certain armor and do certain rotations. Some care will need to taken if you don't have all of the Mastery points or if your armor is a little more squishy. But it holds up to pretty much all the ins and outs of running your Bright Wizzard. Recommend.