Recent Topics

Ads

[Brightwizard] Bombling's compendium

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kelsar

Re: [Brightwizard] Bombling's compendium

Post#41 » Fri May 22, 2020 7:36 pm

hello bombling, thanks for the great guide, quick questions.
1-what spec do you run in cities?
2- is warlord worth for a 6 man roaming group? im undecided between crit or spell power.
3-is 2sentinel 5 sovereign 2 vanquisher a good setup for bw??

Ads
Asderas27

Post#42 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Can i ask what you run with ur renown points on the BW ?
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

wonshot

Post#43 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:13 am

kelsar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:36 pm hello bombling, thanks for the great guide, quick questions.
1-what spec do you run in cities?
2- is warlord worth for a 6 man roaming group? im undecided between crit or spell power.
3-is 2sentinel 5 sovereign 2 vanquisher a good setup for bw??
1. I personally ran Backdraft over FBB in a closecombat BW bomb spec. My reasoning was that backdraft would give me a much needed self-peel tool in case of a Choppapull reaching me in narrow fights, tecnically a spec where i only use the ability once or twice max per instance and would had gotten much more out of running a FBB ranged tool for finishing and assisting down targets. This is down to preference, FBB has the more potential and should be picked by most imo.

2. I tried warlord close afer release, the flat magicpower didnt really outweigh the critdamage multipliers you are giving up from offensive-sove or Onslaught, because of how BW tooltip damage is pretty low and how our classmechanic with crits make our damage become leathal. I think I tested on dummies with close to 300bonus damage in a warlord int+mp set and the damage was close to the same on average crit fireballs, as with a mix set. But getting wounds and other bonuses in the mix set, overall leaving warlord to be a loose loose trade. (test it yourself though)

3. That is my go-to scenario gear build, depends on what stats you prioritize and for which activity you plan on doing.
Asderas27 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:03 pm Can i ask what you run with ur renown points on the BW ?
For largescale I strieved to be above 8400 hp woundsbuffed, to counter moraledrops, woundsdebuffs and unlucky combustion ticks in a row without getting instantly to 50% hp on selfharm.
Then full magiccrit as that is where BW/sorc damage comes from, and without crits we have no classmechanic and each setbonus you have invested to get a critmodifer is a dead stat on nonecrit. and then int to get around 950 fully buffed, to hit the sweet spot for getting Flashfire procs but also able to land attacks not getting disrupted too often.
Futile strikes 2 is close to a must unless you black "backline bitch" style, but in that case why not go full glasscanon. Test it out, see what you like the most.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Cadien

Post#44 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:58 pm

It feels like this should be stickied like the Knight one. This thread has a lot of helpful information.

Albane

Post#45 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:12 pm

Thanks for the guide. It has been very useful for understanding how to play my Bright Wizard.

wonshot

Post#46 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:09 am

Updated the compendium. One or two things had slowly become outdated. Such as the Weekly PVE rewards, and i added a little update on the wording for the gearing section.

[NEW!] also added a 1-40 powerspike breakdown of what you unlock each level in terms of important core abilities, tactics, morales and how your mastery singletarget build changes for each level. Hope it helps a few baby Brightwizards during 2x event :)

If Devs want to make this sticky and move it to the guide section, maybe it would help more new (Bw)players?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

polishbat

Post#47 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:15 pm

Thanks a lot for this!

MasterwerK

Post#48 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:56 pm

Special thanks to @Wonshot creating this perfect work. I've benefited a lot from the guide from 1rank to 83 rank. Where ever i've got stucked to decide, i just reread the guide and find out actually its already mentioned in guide and i skipped to ready it or didnt understand well in the beginning.

During my path to 83, i couldnt find any of misleading information.

Thanks again for all of your efforts. I've really appreciated....

Ads
Glorian

Post#49 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:29 pm

I really like the roadmap leveling guide.
Especially as a lot of new players are unaware of ch22 or the usefulness of Dungeon Sets.

Counternova

Post#50 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:04 am

Would be amazing if you could add a city breakdown like gear/build for newer players trying to break into the higher content.