Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Current BiS gear

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kryss

[WH] Current BiS gear

Post#1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:47 pm

Hello,

I casually got a full Onslaught set (didn't pursue it, just got it out of luck in some Ch22) so I'm trying to see if it's better than my usual set up

I always run 2x senti (hat, jewel), 5 Vanq and 3 Beastlord (Invader, no thanks) + 2 Genesis + Bloodlord Sabre and Pistol (nice ini and melee power, although they don't stack): in this way, at rr 77, i can have max crit, 2x futile strikes (to get 0 change to be crit) and a good amount of parry and dodge/disrupt. Sometimes, I use Wit as pistol, which is also nice for the armor debuff on heavy targets.

With Onslaught+Beastlord+Senti (lash+jewel in this case), I surely can reach more crit and dmg if I get the proc, but I need to adjust RRs: max crit, 3x futile to reach 0 chance to be crit (and lower, which is not bad per se) but in this way I'm also losing a lot of parry and disrupt. Armor pen is not bad: you don't get the WS boost from vanq, but u can still get around 31-32 armor pen. Also, u might need a 100 strength pot to get near to cap, whereas the Vanq setup is much easier to get.

So question: is Onslaught still better for that +12% dmg boost on crits? I did some runs with both setups and I'm still thinking that Vanq + senti is better

What do you think? I might try to test DPS on a dummy, but is there a reliable mod to do it?
Thanks for your insights

Ads
Twohandernoob

Re: [WH] Current BiS gear

Post#2 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:51 pm

Don't think many have that gear to debate with you :D

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:09 pm

Why are u dissing Invader that bad for WH? Are you telling me the bis is pve gear?

kryss

Post#4 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:56 pm

Invader is not BIS for WH or WL (proc is not good, better +ws from Vanq or Boost from Onslaught), but afaik it is for Slayer/Chop.

Xergon

Post#5 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:16 pm

if u going for pure DPS values then Onslaught is better (WH dmg scale of crit), if u want overall good set then Vanq is better.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube