Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Tactics an Renown for Heal-Build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Goermsi

[WP] Tactics an Renown for Heal-Build

Post#1 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:58 am

Hey Guys,

I'm working on a Warrior Priest right now. The char is supposed to be heal-proof and have a hard shell.
Now, I've already started to think about this. What tactics should I adopt and... in combination ... how should I skill the renown.

Do you have some ideas for me?

Currently I am thinking about playing with the following tactics.

+AOE-Detaunt
+20% more heal after disturb
+10% more disturbing (or maybe grp-cleanse)
+ Barrier at hit (or perhaps Diszilpin for more will and better disturb)

The purpose is to avoid as much damage as possible and to increase the heal output.
But how do I distribute my renown to support this idea at best? Continue to skill disturb and dodge to have more often the 20% extra heal? Or do I prefer to invest in healcrit and rely on interim spikes in the heal?

Your feedback is welcome, let me know how you play your WP!
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Ads
Sapblatter

Re: [WP] Tactics an Renown for Heal-Build

Post#2 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:49 pm

This is a pretty standard warriorpriest build RoR.builders - Warrior Priest

Renown points
Futile Strikes and Healing Crit is pretty important here, apart from those 2 renown skills,you really cant go wrong on a renown rank 80 character i would recommend a build similar to this:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;1;3;0;0

Tactics
Tactics are very situational, Disipline is pretty much mandatory in all on them but the rest you can swap around depending on the situation.
Solo Discipline, Exalted Defenses, Fueled Fury, Intimidating Repent
Duo Discipline, Exalted Defenses, Cleansing Power, Intimidating Repent
Party/Scenario Discipline, Exalted Defenses, Cleansing Power, Fueled Fury,
Warband Discipline, Exalted Defenses, Cleansing Power, Fueled Fury,

These are generally my go to tactics on different situations, they are no means the best but i consider them the best for my playstyle

Ototo

Post#3 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:12 pm

Sapblatter wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:49 pm This is a pretty standard warriorpriest build RoR.builders - Warrior Priest

Renown points
Futile Strikes and Healing Crit is pretty important here, apart from those 2 renown skills,you really cant go wrong on a renown rank 80 character i would recommend a build similar to this:

Tactics
Tactics are very situational, Disipline is pretty much mandatory in all on them but the rest you can swap around depending on the situation.

These are generally my go to tactics on different situations, they are no means the best but i consider them the best for my playstyle
I'm going to disagree with discipline being mandatory. The amount of Willp it adds is barely nothing In HPS.
Spoiler:

Sapblatter

Post#4 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:42 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:12 pm
Sapblatter wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:49 pm This is a pretty standard warriorpriest build RoR.builders - Warrior Priest

Renown points

Tactics

I'm going to disagree with discipline being mandatory. The amount of Willp it adds is barely nothing In HPS.
Its just not about the extra healing you get but you also get 6% disrupt

Gangan

Post#5 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:52 pm

The formula for disrupt from willpower is" (your WP/ enemy INT)*7.5". so willpower will not add as much disrupt as some may think, considering most DPS will be near cap of 1050. The in-game statdoll is usually showing wrong values for dodge/disrupt/parry.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Halan

Post#6 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:18 pm

hello,

it depends a lot on how you play.

Exalted Defenses
You wrote that you want to avoid dmg so you will not be there where the head is. Skip this tactic it is anyway mostly usless unless you don't have somebody in SC who spam brainless aoe in the enemy backline or somebody spam usless aoe in the backline from your WB. Just look how often it is up in general and especially when you really need it. You will see very fast what a usless piece of **** this tactic is.
When use this tactic in static fights like keeps or forts fight there is always a ground aoe spot.

Discipline
Take it, it is correct how somebody wrote that the effect is not that big but your heals are very little your cost / gain ration is mostly very horrible. That makes it a bit better.

Intimidating Repent
Nothing to say to that. Use it it will help you to survive when you made a mistake.

Cleansing Power
I would use that to it will help your grp to do their job.

divine warding
Use that, will help you to survive the first seconds when a WE sneak you up.

I personally would use Fueled Fury but when you want to avoid dmg you will not gain much here.

Scenario Spec

Ototo

Post#7 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:14 pm

Halan wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:18 pm (...)

Exalted Defenses
You wrote that you want to avoid dmg so you will not be there where the head is. Skip this tactic it is anyway mostly usless unless you don't have somebody in SC who spam brainless aoe in the enemy backline or somebody spam usless aoe in the backline from your WB. Just look how often it is up in general and especially when you really need it. You will see very fast what a usless piece of **** this tactic is.
When use this tactic in static fights like keeps or forts fight there is always a ground aoe spot.

(...)
Not a useless piece of **** when you combine it with Shield of Faith, that is an static disrupt gain, and with Magi, Sorcs, Maras, Zeals and Shams dealing all them effects that you can disrupt, the tactic use to be up around 1/3 of the time, even if you purposely avoid any kind of exposure.

Anyways, this is what I use. Only defenses are stacked cause you will be, wanted or not, mele trained by destro, that has A LOT more tanks and mele players than order, and will be spamming the detaunt.
Spoiler:

Jabba

Post#8 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:18 pm

Leading the prayer over divine warding imo

Aoe cleanse, aoe detaunt, leading the prayer and discipline
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
Gangan

Post#9 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:40 pm

I'm usually running exalted defense, grp-cleanse, fury on being hit and switching between disrupt, aoe-detaunt or ap-pump.
ATM I'm running a full anticrit-def build since rr60. click me. With full conquerer for the def-proc, and winds impervious set.
With a bit of awareness you can usually avoid the melees for a while and so dodge/disrupt will help you to keep ED up. In sieges just look for a purple cloud and stand within it 😋
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald