Recent Topics

Ads

warrior priest dps, thoughts

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ototo

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#11 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm

blechkautz wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:45 pm
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:07 am
blechkautz wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:12 am
You know that meleedok is really stong nowadays? Nearly every destro 6v6 team runs one. But clearly they have no clue, what they are doing...
Afaik, they run it for the sustained versus aSW and bBW. If you survive the initial burst of these classes, you are more than likely to kill them. By contrast the class lacks a burst skill or a decent morale to bomb or even a CC, meaning that you can't double them in example cause they lack every tool in a true DPS arsenal. And even when under Drowning in Blood, they can't compare to the damage potential of a true dd class. Any WE or Choppa will deploy A LOT more damage in the same window of time than a DPS DoK can, but will have it way harder to survive an opening burst. Let's call the class a fail-safe button.
So you claim, they play their meleedok, which deals subpar dmg compared to other dps classes as a emergency healer? Did you ever play 6v6 with or against a meleedok since the release of Bloodlord or are just throwing out assumptions?
Because I have not seen a bw in a serious 6v6 grp for a long time. Also what is a bBW? Also speaking of the lack of burst/moral to dumb, you know there is a moral 3 called Universal Confusion, which is a good example of a moral for a coordinated moral dumb. Also claiming that true dps classes deal "A LOT" more dmg is just wrong, the dmg is on par with other dps. Nobody would be picking mdok as a dps if the dmg is lackluster. It doesn't help you that you get more heal, if you can't kill the enemy... Because if you can't pressure the enemy enough, they can do whatever they want, and then it's only a matter of time till you eat some good coordinated cc and get punished for your toothless setup. Sure the extra heal of mdok helps the class, but it's not the only reason to bring it not even the main reason. Also "Let's call the class a fail-safe button." is your opinion, which I don't share and probally most other don't share aswell, so please don't let it sound as this is the common thinking about mdok.
Emergency healer? Do you even read, bro? I honestly stopped there to read the post.... can't be a hugest misrepresentation of what I said.
Spoiler:

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#12 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:00 pm

My thoughts on people playing DPS Warrior Priests?

Please continue to do so, it make you SO much easier to kill...

:lol: :D :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Sinisterror

Post#13 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:02 am

Hmm. Imo when WP has 2hander on, his snare should be aoe without the tactic. Give old guilty soul back like it was live. Redo prayers and covenants, if u have book u will automatically have the armour prayer on, with shield on devotion and it should work like with leading the prayer without the tactic, also shield wp/dok needs some kind of passive grp heal that is always on when u have shield, like 400-500hp every 4 sec. Also give them grp absorb 5 sec with 10 sec cooldown. This is wrong thread but make shaman green' cleanin tactic for entire grp, am version also.

Back to 2hander wp and dw dok. They both should get 60-80ft 9sec spirit damage dot that snares enemy 10% and gives wp/dok 10% speed boost for the 9 sec duration. Can only use this when you dodge/disrupt. U know like the marauder one but not as good. 45 sec cooldown or something similar. Also both should have aoe detaunt when they have 2h/dualwield 50 % less dmg to the one you detaunt and 25% less dmg from everyone else the detaunt hits. DPS prayer should be on both dok and wp only usable when they are 2h/dw and it should be 35% heal debuff on proc(remove doks normal heal debuff tactic). Keep snare on dok also but only dok has the snare not grp members, and make righteousness do dmg like it does with the tactic but without the tactic. Maybe also make both wp/dok purge remove 3 effects, 1 from ur target and from 2 extra enemies near your target. Or when u purge succesfully you also remove one random effect from yourself.

Rework prayers/covenants. Like i said earlier with book its automatic the armour prayer, but add something more to it, like 5 % reduced armour penetration etc. With shield on 5% crit reduction and 5 % less crit damage etc. WIth 2hander/dualwield cele/rightousness automatically on and it gives 5 % more crit and 5 % more crit damage. Fanatism/Murderous intent should give 7% crit, 7% parry, 7%dodge, 7% disrupt 7% armour pene.

Maybe add extra 7% armour penetration and 5% strikethrough when 2hander/dualwield and change drowning in blood/sigmars wrath to 25 % more auto attack damage for 15 seconds with 35 sec cooldown.

Im happily proven wrong why these idea's are bad but most of these are of the top of my head and i just want to get conversation going. I loved my dps warrior priest on live and i love my dps dok here but it's harhder and harder to log on;( EDIT; Also make prayer of right/cele convert willpower to str, pots and tactics also. vice versa with armour prayer/cove
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ototo

Post#14 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:34 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:02 am Hmm. Imo when WP has 2hander on, his snare should be aoe without the tactic. Give old guilty soul back like it was live. Redo prayers and covenants, if u have book u will automatically have the armour prayer on, with shield on devotion and it should work like with leading the prayer without the tactic, also shield wp/dok needs some kind of passive grp heal that is always on when u have shield, like 400-500hp every 4 sec. Also give them grp absorb 5 sec with 10 sec cooldown. This is wrong thread but make shaman green' cleanin tactic for entire grp, am version also.

Making completely irrelevant about 1/3 of the group buffs of other classes while pissing in the ones of the class... DPS/shield WP doesn't need 1 skill, needs a complete rework to be even viable. Destroying the entire class tiny versatility clearly is not the path leading there.

Back to 2hander wp and dw dok. They both should get 60-80ft 9sec spirit damage dot that snares enemy 10% and gives wp/dok 10% speed boost for the 9 sec duration. Can only use this when you dodge/disrupt. U know like the marauder one but not as good. 45 sec cooldown or something similar. Also both should have aoe detaunt when they have 2h/dualwield 50 % less dmg to the one you detaunt and 25% less dmg from everyone else the detaunt hits. DPS prayer should be on both dok and wp only usable when they are 2h/dw and it should be 35% heal debuff on proc(remove doks normal heal debuff tactic). Keep snare on dok also but only dok has the snare not grp members, and make righteousness do dmg like it does with the tactic but without the tactic. Maybe also make both wp/dok purge remove 3 effects, 1 from ur target and from 2 extra enemies near your target. Or when u purge succesfully you also remove one random effect from yourself.

No. Just no. And both currently have AoE detaunt.

Rework prayers/covenants. Like i said earlier with book its automatic the armour prayer, but add something more to it, like 5 % reduced armour penetration etc. With shield on 5% crit reduction and 5 % less crit damage etc. WIth 2hander/dualwield cele/rightousness automatically on and it gives 5 % more crit and 5 % more crit damage. Fanatism/Murderous intent should give 7% crit, 7% parry, 7%dodge, 7% disrupt 7% armour pene.

Maybe add extra 7% armour penetration and 5% strikethrough when 2hander/dualwield and change drowning in blood/sigmars wrath to 25 % more auto attack damage for 15 seconds with 35 sec cooldown.

Im happily proven wrong why these idea's are bad but most of these are of the top of my head and i just want to get conversation going. I loved my dps warrior priest on live and i love my dps dok here but it's harhder and harder to log on;(

Prayers/Covenants are fine. It's the damage department where the trouble lays, and specially in WPs which wield 2h weapons that are WAY slower than the DoKs swords. Should speed be changed? No. Just adapt damage of the skills to the reduced skill, but then shield DoK will have it worse, cause the shield WP will be dealing damage balanced for 2h vs 2wield, etc...

The only solution is a circle of endless buffs/nerfs, that has been the life of the class since release, or entirely change WP to 2wield/shield/charm only, or give both classes 2h/2wield/shield/charm, or change DoK to 2h/shield/charm only. This change is far from easy, and not a priority, so I don't see it happening anytime soon. Sad, but true.
Spoiler:

BurnSetting

Post#15 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:36 am

Ototo wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:34 am
The only solution is a circle of endless buffs/nerfs, that has been the life of the class since release... Sad, but true.
Sad but true indeed. I'd say that The damage buff you mentioned might be a decent way to help the DPS part of the class...but only increase the damage for the skills which REQUIRE a Great Hammer. That would make the DPS better even though the weapon is slower. A 10% buff or a buff to the Main Stat Bonus for those skills would be a nice start that wouldn't break the game and would allow everyone a chance to see what the class can do.

One thing I have problems with is the Spirit damage abilities hitting a tank for 44 damage... What in the flying heck? I guess that's just because my WS is so low? I thought those abilities like Divine Strike weren't supposed to be affected by Armor. Maybe it's the tanks' toughness? But then why do I go into a SC and 5 Order players literally cannot kill one stinkin' Black Guard? What's that about? Frustrating for sure when it takes more than a whole group to kill one enemy player. :evil:

I will say that it was satisfying to use Hammer of Sigmar against a Witch Elf that tried to gank me and Execute Crit for 1050. /laugh

I'm only in Dominator currently. But I have the Sledge of the Subjugator. She must have been reaaally low gear. *shrug*
Sekshual Healin - Warrior Priestess of Sigmar
RR82

Grinding to be the best face smasher in the west!

Check me out on Twitch!
www.twitch.tv/burnsetting

worship

Post#16 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:57 am

Hi,

i have several "useless non-traditional" toons, highest one is DPS RP (7x RR), and i really enjoy it.
Don't want to play "the best" careers, but the ones i like, so i was looking towards 2h WP :)

Few questions:
1. In terms of pure damage (and only damage) - how's 2H WP damage compared to the damage of 2H IB? If IB's damage is 100%, then WP's is what? 80% of that of IB?
2. What's the best way to gear up? Play SC/PVE/RVR as a healbot, then switch to 2H at rr50-60?

And my biggest concern is:
3. i don't like SCs that much, but prefer RVR instead. What's the point of splitting medallions and emblems? Why not merge them into 1 currency? I mean, why am i obliged to play SCs only to get gear for a 2H build? What i like about my RP is that i avoid SCs, have RVR heal gear, and can run DPS spec thanks to the stats conversion.

Thanks.

abezverkhiy

Post#17 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:03 am

I cannot answer Q1 as I never played IB. But for other 2 Qs:

Q2 - 50-60 is not enough. You need to reach 70 and get end game gear. But as a shortcut to gear up faster you can start SCs when you are 55+, get Vanq Emblems and convert them into Conq Emblems and get DPS gear very quickly. But such gear is not good enough because you need lots of strength, crit, armor, wounds, and toughness. Conq gear can't offer enough. Then the part 'welcome to grind hell' begins.

Q3 - I ask this question too. Scens are very ugly, the other day I played 14 of them and lost all of them. Devs think differently however.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Niightwish

Post#18 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:44 pm

I play a 2H Wrath WP. Currently in 6/6 Bloodlord 5/5 genesis and using “Truth” for weapon. I do have the Bloodlord weapon but I find Truth with fast attack speed, -800 armor debuff and chance to get 45 Action points on hit being much better.

The thing is, I have a lot of fun playing the class. I do great dmg (top 3 in SCs) and good heals when I focus on it. To me, that’s the only thing that matters. Am I having fun playing it? Yes, absolutely. I am not sure how many people who are commenting here have a dps WP/DoK with similar gear but take it from someone who has been doing it and having great success with it. However, I suggest focusing on healing until you get the gear you need to do well. It was quite rough playing in Dominator as the dmg and sustain wasn’t that great. It’s a long road to get near end game gear and start wrecking people but once you do and realize you can 1v1 most any class then it’s definitely worth it. Of course you will get kites against ranged classes but you can always combine flee with action pots to close gap or runaway...
Stormvar - 40/65 WP of Order
Stormmvar - 40/60 WH of Order

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:55 pm

Niightwish wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:44 pm It’s a long road to get near end game gear and start wrecking people but once you do and realize you can 1v1 most any class then it’s definitely worth it.
Problem is, taking toons specced for 1v1, bloodlord 2h wp will die 1v1 vs any of them (my hybrid dok/snb dps chosen/tank magus for example).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

abezverkhiy

Post#20 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:42 am

I would put it differently - many of us WPs want to play RvR but in RvR we only have one viable role - backline healer. It is the same problem as with WHs who have very little use in RvR.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354