Recent Topics

Ads

warrior priest dps, thoughts

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
penagos22

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#81 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:12 am

So with a shorter cc in hammer of sigmar ( using rf) you can build into a smite/rdps/glass cannon spec or hammer of sigmar/meele/frontline build.

Ads
penagos22

Post#82 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:17 am

yoluigi wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:53 am
Gareul wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 am I was gonna put that in my proposal but wasnt sure on what extra could be done for bludgeon, it seems everyone is also asking for guilty soul lifetap back but i doubt they will give the 20% wrath damage and lifetap heal at same time.
Or Bludgeon give some kind of heal like radiance but only to the défensive target. Would be fun to see and be able to use Radiance animation again for 2h. (spinning swinging hammer ) That animation was badass with a shield kinda makes no sense.(why swing with a shield lol)

Maybe bludgeon should work like flanking shot (sw)

Snoxx

Post#83 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:38 pm

Gareul wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:31 am WP now have some of the best aoe funnel damage, Run in Soulfire pop Sigmars Shield+Sigmars Wrath (SW has no GCD or very small), if enemy is clustered backout while spamming Smite combined with Guilty Soul ticks, empty AP bar then pop pot keep spamming then pop second AP pot by then 20 sec should be up.
Yes, the cooldown reduce from Sigmars Wrath turns a dps WP into a proper aoe dps.

btw, dps DoK can do basically the same. Sure, they lack the Guily Soul tactic but have something similar as core tactic: Khaine's Imbuement. It has a fixed 25% chance to proc a dot on the target, so even low-RR DoKs with low crit% rate can use it. Slot the tactic, spam the cone AoE skill (Essence Lash) and watch the numbers tick. And let's not forget how great Devour Essence works in funnel situations because you can slap it on a def-tank on the frontline.

On a related note, everyone should understand now why the DoK healdebuff had to be made single-target only. Imagine how overpowered the aoe healdebuff would have been with spammable Essence Lash ...

pacolux11

Post#84 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:58 pm

BTW, bloodlord or still oppressor weapon?

Scottx125

Post#85 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:51 am

Can't believe that I've been gone for nearly 2 years and DPS WP is still in a sorry state... I agree with Graeul. The devs need to balance the specs in such a way that if you trade your healing potential for more DPS, you also need to give the DPS spec a way of closing distance to actually attack.. But I don't think Wrath should be a 100% DPS spec where you do no healing. I like to think of it as an off-heal spec. 80% of the time the Wrath WP should be on the frontline doing DPS whilst healing themselves to maintain their survivability, whilst occasionally throwing out heals where needed. And all the WP main healing power in this regard should be purely single target and STR based (damage done). Also the idea of having to have X gear to be viable as a spec is absolutely nuts IMO (by x gear I don't mean higher gear or gear more suited to a spec, I mean gear at RR70 makes your spec viable when at all RR levels before your spec is unviable regardless of your gear).

Specs should all be viable from level 1-40 and beyond. Gear just serves as vertical progression, nothing more. Your effectiveness as a class and spec should only change based on two things, first is your skill, second is your vertical progression compared to your opponent.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Sinisterror

Post#86 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:03 pm

2h dps wp needs prayer of devotion to function like vitality covenant and prayer of wrath like "when using 2h extra effect for wp 10 % on being hit chance to proc wrath prayer on attacker" Also Sigmar's Shield when using 2h would do the same amount of healing you receive as dmg to your target, lose 10 rf on heal but gain 5 back with the dmg 0.5s icd (all procs max 05 icd!). No mitigations so dmg would be 110(or so) to every target.

Last but not least Guilty Soul should stack to 2x and bring the heal back to it, Class fixed!
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Rydiak

Post#87 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:37 am

I think the spec needs an ability that insta-kills everyone in a 100 ft radius.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Sinisterror

Post#88 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:48 am

Rydiak wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:37 am I think the spec needs an ability that insta-kills everyone in a 100 ft radius.
Well if you think about it really even with nerfed devour essence (dmg heal wise) if wp 2h got what i proposed it would be closer to dok dmg output but dok would still win. Gaining lil bit of possiblity of survival in form of guilty soul hot/dot. Ive noticed you seem to post something that doesnt really help or offer anything after i propose something on dps wp threads. What is so op about my 2h wp idea's ? very mild imo. I can explain them as well so you prolly understand why. It is because of shield and no grp or ap based melee heals and im only talking about 2h, shield would get none of those, perks of 2h only. Shield is op enough. I forgot to mention that judgement should be 15 ap 10 rf gained when using 2h in my earlier post.

Sigmar's shield change would help 2h wp with rf and add small dmg component and would work pretty nicely. Id imagine guilty soul 2x dmg and heal would be on high end 450 or so per 2x ticks so nothing too much at all. Well everything i posted is obvious. ANyway why do you bother posting nothing of value when i post about dps wp?
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Sciberr

Post#89 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:59 am

WP very stronk much good very amazing fun wow!

mekal

Post#90 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:56 am

Sinisterror wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:48 am
Rydiak wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:37 am I think the spec needs an ability that insta-kills everyone in a 100 ft radius.
Well if you think about it really even with nerfed devour essence (dmg heal wise) if wp 2h got what i proposed it would be closer to dok dmg output but dok would still win. Gaining lil bit of possiblity of survival in form of guilty soul hot/dot. Ive noticed you seem to post something that doesnt really help or offer anything after i propose something on dps wp threads. What is so op about my 2h wp idea's ? very mild imo. I can explain them as well so you prolly understand why. It is because of shield and no grp or ap based melee heals and im only talking about 2h, shield would get none of those, perks of 2h only. Shield is op enough. I forgot to mention that judgement should be 15 ap 10 rf gained when using 2h in my earlier post.

Sigmar's shield change would help 2h wp with rf and add small dmg component and would work pretty nicely. Id imagine guilty soul 2x dmg and heal would be on high end 450 or so per 2x ticks so nothing too much at all. Well everything i posted is obvious. ANyway why do you bother posting nothing of value when i post about dps wp?

Genuine question have you ever even done cross class parsing im gonna go ahead and say no

Anyone with any game knowledge can tell you WP has always done higher consistent damage while Dok used to have higher burst

DOK burst has been shattered with devour essence and pillage essence Nerf so now WP does the same AND has higher sustained damage

Side note I doubt there is one dok on the server that wouldnt happily trade CoC 20% chance to snare for 100% garunteed snare that the WP has