Recent Topics

Ads

warrior priest dps, thoughts

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sinisterror

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#91 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:54 am

"Side note I doubt there is one dok on the server that wouldnt happily trade CoC 20% chance to snare for 100% garunteed snare that the WP has" : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Just from that i know you do not play both classes. I played 12 classes live to at least rr70+ and i play all 24 classes in ror so go away=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#92 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:18 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:54 am "Side note I doubt there is one dok on the server that wouldnt happily trade CoC 20% chance to snare for 100% garunteed snare that the WP has" : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Just from that i know you do not play both classes. I played 12 classes live to at least rr70+ and i play all 24 classes in ror so go away=)
jack of all trades, master of none?

Beara

Post#93 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:40 pm

Ototo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:50 pm TL;DR Just don't WP dps. It's the worst hybrid of the game. You are forced into bloodlord weapons, ultra end-game gear and equipment, etc... and all that to be even worse than the DoK dps, which is not exactly a great class either.
The WP dps is in a better place right now than the WP DoK tbh. By far.
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

yoluigi

Post#94 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:08 pm

The problem is the not the class it self... It's everything that works against it. Right now the maximum dps you can get in a 2h weapon is 85 compare to 105 back in live but we got max gear (sov) and if you go 2h warlord is not as high level as sov soo we are stuck with a lesser end game gear. Making haste tactic alot less effective.
(Next ranked set would be nice to have ap pump + auto attack bonus on crit in the set)

The survivability problem comes from nobody wanted to guard you (that's why i preffer to duo queue with a tank) and heals dont bother healing you most of the time because they think you got (heals) Sigmar radiance. Most people dont know what is 2h dps they only think about it been useless soo they dont bother helping you out when you pug most of the time.
Destro also gonna make you enemy #1 because they know your squishy.

The meta is high futile strike atm unless they nerf FS in the future. It's just too damn strong to go without for any class unless your chosen.(tactic) You can do pretty good with a good group but it's high reward high risk class. Most of the time i gonna get killed over and over and over... But 1-2 fights i gonna be able to get a 1v3 and win the fight. When i play my other characters (IB,SM,Knight, Chosen ,Marauder and few other toons...) I know when am gonna win a fight and not win. With my 2h WP it can be super easy or i get killed instantly.
Hard to know how the fight gonna be if they absorb/parry your divine assault.

It's a hard class to play but very rewarding when you win fights.
I might make a guide in the future for solo play.
build+gear combo against a certain class (sorc,shaman) (vs squigs) (vs WE and melee) (vs tanks)

You just need the right build and the right 2h weapon for the job.
Against squig gonna use the 40% snare on hit

Shaman,sorc, Full glass cannon with bloodlord
Tanks and WE, The crusader build.
The only buff we could get is White dmg get the +5-20% dmg with guilty soul.(dont proc the dot just more auto attack %)
Right now am in this build very strong for solo play.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4184,4160
Full warlord give you ap pump and the 10 seconds immunity if you solo all fights are super quick soo they wont knock you down or root you and give you a chance to catch them and beat them up with a hammer!

Sorry for bad text grammar made this text super quick. I'l make a big guide with videos showing each spec if people want to.

penagos22

Post#95 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:42 pm

yoluigi wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:08 pm The problem is the not the class it self... It's everything that works against it. Right now the maximum dps you can get in a 2h weapon is 85 compare to 105 back in live but we got max gear (sov) and if you go 2h warlord is not as high level as sov soo we are stuck with a lesser end game gear. Making haste tactic alot less effective.
(Next ranked set would be nice to have ap pump + auto attack bonus on crit in the set)

The survivability problem comes from nobody wanted to guard you (that's why i preffer to duo queue with a tank) and heals dont bother healing you most of the time because they think you got (heals) Sigmar radiance. Most people dont know what is 2h dps they only think about it been useless soo they dont bother helping you out when you pug most of the time.

The meta is high futile strike atm unless they nerf FS in the future. It's just too damn strong to go without for any class unless your chosen.(tactic) You can do pretty good with a good group but it's high reward high risk class. Most of the time i gonna get killed over and over and over... But 1-2 fights i gonna be able to get a 1v3 and win the fight. When i play my other characters (IB,SM,Knight, Chosen ,Marauder and few other toons...) I know when am gonna win a fight and not win. With my 2h WP it can be super easy or i get killed instantly.

build+gear combo against a certain class (sorc,shaman) (vs squigs) (vs WE and melee) (vs tanks)

The only buff we could get is White dmg get the +5-20% dmg with guilty soul.(dont proc the dot just more auto attack %)

Full warlord give you ap pump and the 10 seconds immunity if you solo all fights are super quick soo they wont knock you down or root you and give you a chance to catch them and beat them up with a hammer!

Sorry for bad text grammar made this text super quick. I'l make a big guide with videos showing each spec if people want to.
im waiting the guide yolo.

im think wp dps is in a good spot right now.

Scottx125

Post#96 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:32 am

Spoiler:
yoluigi wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:08 pm The problem is the not the class it self... It's everything that works against it. Right now the maximum dps you can get in a 2h weapon is 85 compare to 105 back in live but we got max gear (sov) and if you go 2h warlord is not as high level as sov soo we are stuck with a lesser end game gear. Making haste tactic alot less effective.

I agree, problem is you can't swap out gear in the middle of RvR or SC just to fight a different class. The gear you use needs to suit the playstyle of the spec.. Which generally they do with a few quirks. As you said the issue is what other classes can use. And there in lies the problem of Warhammers balance. There's no rock, paper, scissors balance. It's just mirrors of classes on the other faction, some classes which have more answers than others. WP unfortunately feel to be at the bottom of the list, in a controlled environment their damage is fine, but as soon as you throw it out into RvR of a SC it starts to struggle. Why? Well a lot of melee DPS classes have some sort of distance closer, WP AFAIK doesn't. Which means you're extremely vulnerable to ranged attacks or classes with kiting potential. This means in reality the DPS of a WP is lower than most other DPS classes, and considering a WP's survivability is directly linked with doing damage (life-steal), if you can't get into melee you're dead. The issue is for a DPS WP to win, it needs to enter melee. If it doesn't the strength of the spec collapses like a stack of cards. Only thing I can think of to make it better, is to add a distance-closer ability to get the ball rolling, it's DPS should obviously still be lower than that of other pure DPS classes BUT the strength of a WP should be it's survivability from healing. Kind like a candle that burns half as bright but lasts twice as long, it trades its DPS potential to stick around longer and do more DPS as it stays alive longer, rather than jumping in dealing a bunch of damage and then dying.

If it was measured via the holy trinity in terms of it's class potential, it should probably be 60-75% DPS, 25-40% healer. Rather than 100% DPS.

Also as a final note, one of the few specs extremely gear dependant on how potentially effective you are, which I hate. Every spec should have the same potential even with armour. Armour should just increases the effectiveness of that potential. Rather than making that potential effective in the first place. Think of it like percentage of effectiveness, everyone should without armour be 100%, and armour boosts it to 105%. Rather than (how it feels) DPS WP 90% effective without gear and 100% effective with. Come to think of it, it'd be cool if the devs set up some sort of monitoring system which determined K/D in scenarios or RvR for each class/spec. Would be interesting for balance.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

yoluigi

Post#97 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:40 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:32 am
Spoiler:

I agree, problem is you can't swap out gear in the middle of RvR or SC just to fight a different class. The gear you use needs to suit the playstyle of the spec.. Which generally they do with a few quirks. As you said the issue is what other classes can use. And there in lies the problem of Warhammers balance. There's no rock, paper, scissors balance. It's just mirrors of classes on the other faction, some classes which have more answers than others. WP unfortunately feel to be at the bottom of the list, in a controlled environment their damage is fine, but as soon as you throw it out into RvR of a SC it starts to struggle. Why? Well a lot of melee DPS classes have some sort of distance closer, WP AFAIK doesn't. Which means you're extremely vulnerable to ranged attacks or classes with kiting potential. This means in reality the DPS of a WP is lower than most other DPS classes, and considering a WP's survivability is directly linked with doing damage (life-steal), if you can't get into melee you're dead. The issue is for a DPS WP to win, it needs to enter melee. If it doesn't the strength of the spec collapses like a stack of cards. Only thing I can think of to make it better, is to add a distance-closer ability to get the ball rolling, it's DPS should obviously still be lower than that of other pure DPS classes BUT the strength of a WP should be it's survivability from healing. Kind like a candle that burns half as bright but lasts twice as long, it trades its DPS potential to stick around longer and do more DPS as it stays alive longer, rather than jumping in dealing a bunch of damage and then dying.

If it was measured via the holy trinity in terms of it's class potential, it should probably be 60-75% DPS, 25-40% healer. Rather than 100% DPS.

Also as a final note, one of the few specs extremely gear dependant on how potentially effective you are, which I hate. Every spec should have the same potential even with armour. Armour should just increases the effectiveness of that potential. Rather than making that potential effective in the first place. Think of it like percentage of effectiveness, everyone should without armour be 100%, and armour boosts it to 105%. Rather than (how it feels) DPS WP 90% effective without gear and 100% effective with. Come to think of it, it'd be cool if the devs set up some sort of monitoring system which determined K/D in scenarios or RvR for each class/spec. Would be interesting for balance.
I agree. The hardest thing is with sigmar radiance had physical and a certain amout garrante to heal with DF if he buble absorb,parry no heals = death. it's all spirit dmg got no tools with physical dmg to tap heals. But i think it's great if you wanna duo but anything 4+ it's really hard to make it work unless you get a good premade going on.

Begamil

Post#98 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:20 am

After i got bis and been roaming around as wrath for a while here is my opinion. Dps is good nothing to complain about, mobility and cc obviously lacking but can accept since you have survivability and good dmg in melee. Honestly the only real problem i have is how sigmars shield works, if you put that on someone or yourself with 2 or more people hitting you your only job from now on is to get RF to sustain it and that is super difficult. Your only chance is to spam smite with your -5 sec cd buff or else you find yourself drained for 10 sec.

Ads
yoluigi

Post#99 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:54 pm

Begamil wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:20 am After i got bis and been roaming around as wrath for a while here is my opinion. Dps is good nothing to complain about, mobility and cc obviously lacking but can accept since you have survivability and good dmg in melee. Honestly the only real problem i have is how sigmars shield works, if you put that on someone or yourself with 2 or more people hitting you your only job from now on is to get RF to sustain it and that is super difficult. Your only chance is to spam smite with your -5 sec cd buff or else you find yourself drained for 10 sec.
Well Sigmar shield is very bad in small roaming it drains too much your rf. But In warband play it is super op you can keep doing smite and infinite heals. BUT NOBODY PLAY WP DPS FOR WB...

IMO that's the only next step for the class is to balance it out. Proc every second only... Meaning it wont over heal you and wont drain all your resource and be more balance. That what i would do for the 2h.
Soo 10 seconds max 1k heal. (if it proc 100% of the time)

Sinisterror

Post#100 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:51 pm

When using 2h Sigmars' Shield should do amount of healing as a dmg to your target, every tick gains 5 rf. With 2h Wrath prayer have 5 % on being hit chance to dmg yourself and your target instantly 150 dmg and after 4 second dot first 250 dmg second tick 333dmg ( 8sec ICD. Change all dmg ability icd's to 0.5 seconds not 2 seconds)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz